BULLITT BUILD

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
mine was burning/leaking a quart every 1k miles. smelled like a 1940s house furnace.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Then you know how bad mine was and to still make that power. I would make 2 passes and be down almost a quart.

vermilion

Legend
Reaction score
i had excessive blow by and lost compression. my old engine was molested by previous owners. i never once bothered with a compression test or leak check. it was horrible.

OP
OP

96 Bullitt UBB

Reaction score
why does it seem so hard to accomplish such small feat lol.. im sure its not that hard i think im just in a bad mood today.. work was a grueling 12hrs... then my check engine light came on... i checked the engine was still there.. wtf.. idk

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
what small feat? 300 rwhp??? just remember your doing this with 281ci not 302...

OP
OP

96 Bullitt UBB

Reaction score
Duff Daddy said:
what small feat? 300 rwhp??? just remember your doing this with 281ci not 302...

i kno even with 302 its not a small feat. fukin smog..

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
We ahve it in mass but I had ways around it. You can shut some of the sensors off in a tune and let it run good (no egr) and go from there

OP
OP

96 Bullitt UBB

Reaction score
i wish i had a tuner.. grr. i think i have a bad o2.. my Mach is making some fukin loud ass clunck sound in the back i fukin have spent gods money trying to get it fixed.. im over it.. 39k miles and its already a problem. my 67 has a bad trans... urg guess what im gonna have to drive .. and it better not rain tomrrow.

OP
OP

96 Bullitt UBB

Reaction score
Vermilion said:
clunk sound? please describe more in detail.

any time i go over a slight bump it almost sounds like a loose shock tower. its really bad lately its like a squeky clunk.

reivaxtorres

Reaction score
96 Bullitt UBB said:
why does it seem so hard to accomplish such small feat lol.. im sure its not that hard i think im just in a bad mood today.. work was a grueling 12hrs... then my check engine light came on... i checked the engine was still there.. wtf.. idk[\B]

haha

as far as it being a small feat....no its not. you are taking a 215bhp car (about 170-180rwhp car) and trying to add about 120-130rwhp (about 138-150 bhp), and keeping it n/a and smog legal. next thing you know, you are going to want to make it ride AND handle good...lol. dont worry, i have the same goals with my car. i think im almost there...i just need to get the car tuned for e85 and see what she makes.

reivaxtorres

Reaction score
96 Bullitt UBB said:
i wish i had a tuner.. grr. i think i have a bad o2.. my Mach is making some fukin loud a*s clunck sound in the back i fukin have spent gods money trying to get it fixed.. im over it.. 39k miles and its already a problem. my 67 has a bad trans... urg guess what im gonna have to drive .. and it better not rain tomrrow.

eh, on the stock pipes the upstream o2s are a pain to change. downstream are a breeze.

96 Bullitt UBB said:
Vermilion said:

any time i go over a slight bump it almost sounds like a loose shock tower. its really bad lately its like a squeky clunk.

what have you done so far to try to fix it?

OP
OP

96 Bullitt UBB

Reaction score
reivaxtorres said:
96 Bullitt UBB said:
i wish i had a tuner.. grr. i think i have a bad o2.. my Mach is making some fukin loud a*s clunck sound in the back i fukin have spent gods money trying to get it fixed.. im over it.. 39k miles and its already a problem. my 67 has a bad trans... urg guess what im gonna have to drive .. and it better not rain tomrrow.

eh, on the stock pipes the upstream o2s are a pain to change. downstream are a breeze.

96 Bullitt UBB said:
Vermilion said:

what have you done so far to try to fix it?

took it to ford had a new TK shock put on that cost me a arm.. and then i had a dia. that cost me a leg. rook out my spare tire and drove it to see if that was it.. still there.. im about ready to drive it off a cliff.. that'll fix it.

reivaxtorres

Reaction score
factory springs? make sure the spring isolators (sometimes called insulators) are still good. they are a rubber piece that goes between the spring and the frame, and also between the spring and the lower control arm. i remember when i took my iso's out the car would make a nice clunking sound going over bumps....bugged me so much i put them back on.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
If this is a build thread about the motor thats fine, if this is a build thread on the whole car, I will move this to the build up section. Let me know.

OP
OP

96 Bullitt UBB

Reaction score
Duff Daddy said:
If this is a build thread about the motor thats fine, if this is a build thread on the whole car, I will move this to the build up section. Let me know.

just the motor DDaddy. I'm getting flustered with california smog law... need to move to where you are and put a carb on it lol..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online