C&L Cold Air Tube & 76mm Mass Air

waahehe94

Reaction score
Last year around November I ordered C&L cold air tube, air shield and 76mm mass air meter housing.Since my car is stored in my garage for winter I didn't get in any hurry to install anything but finally got around to it today. I used to have a 73mm C&L mass air meter on the car years ago and switched to a Pro-M because I had always read good things about them in the magazines and on various forums, but when my Pro-M started to throw codes and cause my car to run bad I decided it was time to replace it.

The C&L cold air tube that I bought is very well made and it the fit and installation is very good.The only thing that I had to change from the factory rubber air tube was the IAT sensor.The C&L tube has it relocated from just behind the mass air to in front of the curve that goes into the Throttle Body.All that required was just re-routing the IAT wires which took less than a minute.The air shield that came with the air tube didn't fit well with the air filter that I'm using because of the size of the filter that I'm using which isn't really that big of a deal to me.

After I got everything installed I took the car out for a ride, no more check engine light with the new mass air meter housing and sensor and the car ran great and my idle quality returned to normal.
P1010553.jpg

P1010558.jpg

P1010559.jpg

P1010563.jpg

OP
OP
W

waahehe94

Reaction score
Tylers98Stang, I don't really have any big plans for it anytime soon other than maybe having the rear seats covered to match the front racing seats that I bought a few months ago.

lilj4u2enjoy, I think that all C&L does to recalibrate their mass air meters for different injectors is to change the size of the air tube inside the mass air meter. Where did you get your side exhaust and ground effects for your car it at? Do you have subframe connectors on your car? I've been wanting to get a side exhaust system for my car but have subframe connectors on it and have heard that the side exhaust systems have clearance issues with them.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
man no ground clearance issues? Lucky, mine used to scrape all the time, but I didn't have the pipes notched to clear the SFC.

lilj4u2njoy

Reaction score
My pipes aren't notched either... my SFC have been... and yes I have no clearance issues... and I'm lowered a great deal ... I spent a lot of time and $$ to get it the way it needed to be..

Sent from my SPH-M910 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online