Car Meets and Shows: big or small and how you should act

1bad95

Reaction score
Yeah I have given up on car shows. The people dying for attention and their trophies just kill me. Like everyone else said, there is so many new cars at a lot of the shows, it feels like you are on a new car dealers lot. I have shifted to the cruise in meets. Always a diverse selection of cars. You get to see a lot of the old hot rods that the old timers have and they get to see something different ad well. The cruises don't seem to have as many of the trophy hunters there, moreso hot rodders who wanna talk shop and are always very laid back. I also can't sit there with the car. Only time I'm sitting with it is when I'm wore out from walking around looking or sitting down to grab some lunch and a drink from the cooler.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

PM-Performance

Reaction score
Yeah I have given up on car shows. The people dying for attention and their trophies just kill me. Like everyone else said, there is so many new cars at a lot of the shows, it feels like you are on a new car dealers lot. I have shifted to the cruise in meets. Always a diverse selection of cars. You get to see a lot of the old hot rods that the old timers have and they get to see something different ad well. The cruises don't seem to have as many of the trophy hunters there, moreso hot rodders who wanna talk shop and are always very laid back. I also can't sit there with the car. Only time I'm sitting with it is when I'm wore out from walking around looking or sitting down to grab some lunch and a drink from the cooler.

This!!!!! I have been going to local Cars and Coffee meets and Sonic meets and shop type meets. As I am into everything, I find this is the best mix of cars and actual car guys that know cars and not just trophy hunters that likely had someone else build their cars for them, and trailer them to shows.

That really pisses me off though when someone rolls in with a brand new 2016 Mustang that everyone and their mother has and bone stock off the lot and get a trophy and Im here like, I got $15-20k into my car and built with my own 2 hands and people walk past my hard work without even looking to go look at the new car right next to me

1bad95

Reaction score
The people who walk by aren't true car guys or hot rodders to me or Mustang people. The ones who stop and talk know what a real car is and will notice the little changes made that will make a car unique and different. But like you said, people will go to shows and stuff in a brand new Mustang and countless brand new Corvettes, all bone stock and grab a lot of attention. But they are mostly grabbing the attention I think of their fellow brand new car guys. Maybe some think they are elite among the rest of us because they spent so much on a brand new vehicle while the rest of us peasants ride in 20 yr old beaters lol.

1bad95

Reaction score
It's hard but we can't push them all away, gotta try and teach them because I bet most don't know much about cars in general, they go after what's cool looking. I have found that lots of the new car guys will ask if you have a car there if you stop to talk to them and they will come check yours out in return. SN's are like the red headed step children in the Mustang world, but people are starting to realize just how nice they are as the quality fox market it fading away

PM-Performance

Reaction score
Yea I have a hard time owning this SN sometimes. I usually build newer cars and cars people seem to care about more and used to getting lots of attention on my builds. It seems no one really cares about SN95's or even knows what they are. Even in the Mustang club I belong to. . . mostly stockish cars. But most of them think my car is a mid/late 2000's car. lol. No clue. hahahahaha. I find that some of the guys with the fox's show some love.
We will see how things change this weekend. im gonna go to a few meets with the new additions to my car and see if anyone notices. Honestly. . again the car club I am in i was at a meet for like 2 hours the other night before anyone noticed my car is COMPLETELY different and I hang with these people on a pretty regular basis.

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
It all depends on what type of show your attending,whos hosting it etc. The last two car shows I attended was extremely positive Ran by my states Local mustang club, all diehard enthusiasts. Even alot of the new 2012-2016s were modified performance and exterior here. Complete opposite of the experience you described above. Pure awesomeness. But we are in different states so to each state their own. I remember Frank (Frank.JD.Perez) saying he doesnt like the shows in cali.

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Yea I have a hard time owning this SN sometimes. I usually build newer cars and cars people seem to care about more and used to getting lots of attention on my builds. It seems no one really cares about SN95's or even knows what they are. Even in the Mustang club I belong to. . . mostly stockish cars. But most of them think my car is a mid/late 2000's car. lol. No clue. hahahahaha.

Sounds like a shitty club to me....

OP
OP
Frank.JD.Perez
Reaction score
Most the shows in the bay area. But I guess they're better known as a side show...cause every quarter I think the good guys has their show at the fairgrounds and it's fvcking awesome! But normal car clubs I guess. They don't really exist [MENTION=20845]1998cobrasvt[/MENTION]... so yeah I guess it's fair to say I don't like them

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Frank.JD.Perez Dang, i feel bad for the guys who cant find access to an awesome club/local community. Have you tried looking away from the bay area?

Ever try OC Mustang Club? I like the info on their site and besides the normal events seems they have car show celebrities stop in on occasion as well . http://www.ocmustangclub.org/ Looks like Chip Foose goes to the shows sometimes and they even had Mike Brewer and Ed from Wheeler Dealers. Couldnt hurt to check one of the events out this summer.

2016_18-1.JPG

2016_16-1.JPG

[video=youtube;NjWF_6Y-TCw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjWF_6Y-TCw&feature=youtu.be[/video]

OP
OP
Frank.JD.Perez
Reaction score
well i dont worry too much [MENTION=20845]1998cobrasvt[/MENTION] because i have all you guys, so its more than enough compensation for the lack of quality people in large quantity. theres good people around but theyre few and far in between

RedTwilight

Reaction score
Frank.JD.Perez
Ever try OC Mustang Club? I like the info on their site and besides the normal events seems they have car show celebrities stop in on occasion as well . http://www.ocmustangclub.org/ Looks like Chip Foose goes to the shows sometimes and they even had Mike Brewer and Ed from Wheeler Dealers. Couldnt hurt to check one of the events out this summer.

2016_18-1.JPG

2016_16-1.JPG

If I'm not mistaken, Foose is also a member of the OCMC.

PM-Performance

Reaction score
So I went to a cruise this weekend. Talked to a few people, but there were the typical few douches. I remember this one spot where the fox guys used to park all the time and chill. So I see a dragged out Notch sitting there so I parked next to him and checked it out. I asked him what the car runs since its there on slicks and skinnies and pin on hood off and gutted and caged out. The guy just looks at me and says its fast enough. . . . . . Im like ok. . . .. and sat for a second to see if he decides to not be a dick and actually want to talk cars. I get ready to walk away in disgust and then he says it runs 10.80's. So at that point Im like cool, not too shabby or pretty decent or something like that so he doesnt get a bigger ego. He then gets all flustered and tells me it has been in the deep 9's on nitrous. So I say cool and ask cubes and then he is all over the place so I walk away.
Then some other loud mouth with an old impala wagon rat rod that was "petina" /Rusted out telling me how he has a $180k Mercedes and dailies the impala because it rides better. Then to tell me all the cars at the meet were shit and he would take his impala over all this junk any day. He then started a bunch of shit the next day on facebook calling people out. Its this stuff that makes me not want to chill with the old school hotrod guys. Atleast the younger crowd is usually pretty diverse in their cars and easier to talk to

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
So I went to a cruise this weekend. Talked to a few people, but there were the typical few douches. I remember this one spot where the fox guys used to park all the time and chill. So I see a dragged out Notch sitting there so I parked next to him and checked it out. I asked him what the car runs since its there on slicks and skinnies and pin on hood off and gutted and caged out. The guy just looks at me and says its fast enough. . . . . . Im like ok. . . .. and sat for a second to see if he decides to not be a dick and actually want to talk cars. I get ready to walk away in disgust and then he says it runs 10.80's. So at that point Im like cool, not too shabby or pretty decent or something like that so he doesnt get a bigger ego. He then gets all flustered and tells me it has been in the deep 9's on nitrous. So I say cool and ask cubes and then he is all over the place so I walk away.
Then some other loud mouth with an old impala wagon rat rod that was "petina" /Rusted out telling me how he has a $180k Mercedes and dailies the impala because it rides better. Then to tell me all the cars at the meet were shit and he would take his impala over all this junk any day. He then started a bunch of shit the next day on facebook calling people out. Its this stuff that makes me not want to chill with the old school hotrod guys. Atleast the younger crowd is usually pretty diverse in their cars and easier to talk to

That sucks, sounds like your going to the wrong shows. You willing to travel or do you just try and go to the nearest locations?

PM-Performance

Reaction score
I just go to whatever is going on. I travel to some. I dont go crazy distances as I do not care all that much about going to shows since this seems to be the norm. Again , my interest is diminishing in the so called "car guys"

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
I dont go crazy distances

I travel minimum 1 hour one way. sometimes more. Good luck man, every ford fan deserves a cool ford show. People that go to a bad one and have a bad time shouldnt assume all shows are that way. Thats not that case.. If your around a bunch of scrubs the event isnt going to be fun. I sure as hell wouldnt have had fun at the event you described above. Try somewhere bigger, you should sign up for the american muscle show. Registration is due at the end of the month and the event i believe is Aug 13

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
When I can tell everyone is acting like a toilet, I comment on all of the stupid things they have done, then act like I am super interested and want it explained. But, I don't leave them alone. Throw on an accent and do it. Makes it that much more entertaining.

Then ask if they have got their carb re-jetted for the winter time. If not, say you will do it.

PM-Performance

Reaction score
I travel minimum 1 hour one way. sometimes more. Good luck man, every ford fan deserves a cool ford show. People that go to a bad one and have a bad time shouldnt assume all shows are that way. Thats not that case.. If your around a bunch of scrubs the event isnt going to be fun. I sure as hell wouldnt have had fun at the event you described above. Try somewhere bigger, you should sign up for the american muscle show. Registration is due at the end of the month and the event i believe is Aug 13

I am local to this and already go to these. I have come to the conclusion though that SN's get very little to no love. . . even from Mustang guys. Its a sad truth. The all Mustang shows though get boring for me. All the same guys doing all the same stuff. American Muscle expecially is an American Rice fest. Paid burnout contests, revving and blowing flames all day. If you dont have a coyote powered car, your car doesnt get the time of day.
Again we shall see this year. If my car doesnt get any more interest than it did last year after the large sum of money I have spent on it building it, this will be the last major event I go to. I will just stick to cars and coffee and sonic type meets from there

OP
OP
Frank.JD.Perez
Reaction score
SN's get very little to no love
If my car doesnt get any more interest than it did last year after the large sum of money I have spent on it building it, this will be the last major event I go to.

This statement couldn't be more true...they don't get much love at all, but you know what? Who the fvck cares? The majority of us on this site do. We love them. We highly enjoy them and we love everything we do to them. Whether it's building a sick N/A 2v, boosted 2v, built or swapped 4v, boosted 4v, doesn't matter. People like spdOlit doing a TRD swap, people like 97_281gt who's currently doing a 4v swap and even people like ferocious, orange 94, neverenuff, and vortechd 4v all do these swaps and mods for one reason. They want to. It's their passion. It's what's on their mind and their vision. Don't be upset with the truth that most people don't give a :dancingpoop: about you or your car. And that's why, because it's your car. Not theirs. It's special to you. It's your dream. It's your passion. You can't expect someone to know what your vision is or was, or what hurdles you went through to get to where you are. Because it's all you. The only other people on earth who will understand what a built project means are those who were with you basically from start to finish. Granted most people on this site will see the specialty of your car, like many of us had since you put up your build, because we get a glimpse of what you're going through/went through. But don't expect ANYONE to be glorifying or praising your car because you'll be let down every time. Whenever I drive I notice every time when I see older gentleman or guys and gals near my age or even children who look at my car driving by or the occasional time someone makes a comment on my car I take that with high thanks because it's like icing on the cake to me. I don't really need it but it's awesome and they make me feel pretty good. It's like a little win. So don't get salty about, excuse my language, complete dicks who don't know why something is special when they most the times don't own their vehicle or mommy and daddy bought it.

1bad95

Reaction score
I am local to this and already go to these. I have come to the conclusion though that SN's get very little to no love. . . even from Mustang guys. Its a sad truth. The all Mustang shows though get boring for me. All the same guys doing all the same stuff. American Muscle expecially is an American Rice fest. Paid burnout contests, revving and blowing flames all day. If you dont have a coyote powered car, your car doesnt get the time of day.
Again we shall see this year. If my car doesnt get any more interest than it did last year after the large sum of money I have spent on it building it, this will be the last major event I go to. I will just stick to cars and coffee and sonic type meets from there
You have to hit me up when you are gonna a hit another cruise. I know your probably not terribly far away from me. Next thing I know I'll be heading to up your direction is CJ's customer appreciation day. I went to a cruise/show at a church outside Lancaster a few weeks ago that was a great time. I'm def always looking for a nice cruise to go to

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
5pointSL0

Members online