Chicagoans, Illinoians, get in here...

97mustang82

Reaction score
Anyone here from Illinois know of a mustang parts store or a mustang shop in the chiagoland area? :dunno: I normally go online for my parts, but I have a friend who just picked up a low 12sec N/A NHRA '90 notch for 6K as his new daily driver lol , and he needs some parts to make it a bit more streetable (no sh!t). He's lookin for a local place and I never knew of any around here. A crap load of ricer joints, but never heard of a local mustang shop/parts place.

waltnono

Reaction score
I don't know of any specific mustang shop but a local place for parts with some pretty knowledgeable mustang guys is White's Pit Stop in Lansing,IL.

st4ng07

Reaction score
If im correct theirs a couple in rockford. DOnt know exact names though.

OP
OP

97mustang82

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
what do you mean by NHRA notch?
I don't know, the guy who sold the car said he ran the car at NHRA events and even won a few times in his class. Not my friend who bought the car, but the guy who sold it to him. I asked my friend if he meant NMRA, but he said no, the guy said NHRA and I don't know ish about NHRA, but thats what he said. I always thought NHRA only ran 8sec or less classes or something like that but I don't know. But I do know the car had no rolecage, so it had to be a class that doesn't require one, and the car runs low 12's. The cars running on Hossier slicks on a moser rear end so it's not a tire limited class. All motor 302, heads cam intake, forged pistons rods, longtubes dumped, electric water pump fuel pump, all creature compforts gutted, weld prostars, C4 Tranny 4.10's, said he converted from a manual so maybe he was running bracket races and trying to keep consistant bucket seats and somemore ish. Anywho, i'll ask him about it tommorow when I go to school. I'll be sure to get some pics and maybe even a vid when he pickes it up. The cars in Indiana right now. He supposed to pick it up this week. He just needs a trailer.

As for the Chicagoland parts/shop, another thread said Slingshotmotorsports.com is a good place to take a look at. Their located in Fox River Grove which is about 45-50min. from school (uti) and about 1.5 hours from me. But my friend lives near school, so he'll only have to make a 50min. trip which isn't bad considering I haven't heard of any shops around here at all. Any performance places you guys heard of, doesn't even have to be mustang shops, just a good performance shop with parts distribution is good.

OP
OP

97mustang82

Reaction score
waltnono said:
I don't know of any specific mustang shop but a local place for parts with some pretty knowledgeable mustang guys is White's Pit Stop in Lansing,IL.

thanks dude, just looked at their website and their only 50min. away from school where my friend lives.

four six

Reaction score
Sutton High performance in Chi town is a great place to go