Well, Update time...

build.jpg

OP
OP
C

copmagnet

Reaction score
washed the block and got it coated in wd-40

Got my bearings in, and the crank in the block.

Measured the end play.

started putting rotating assembly in.

alex302

Reaction score
very nice !!!!!!!! what comperssion did you go with?

OP
OP
C

copmagnet

Reaction score
Ok So today I went pretty ballz to the wall. of course I know some of you could work faster but I'm not a super fast worker.

I got the K member in and lined up as much as it will physically go. got the steering rack cleaned up since it was black and nasty with road grime. got the old bushings out and the new offset bushings greased and installed, finally figured out what size the UPR steering rack bolts are (5 1/2-1/2 but 6-1/2 gives you a little more thread space) spent 45 minutes torching and fighting the old tie rod ends to get them off and got the steeda bumpsteer kit on. made ANOTHER trip to tailors to get bolts to connect the A-arms to the K member since the ones I got with the kit were rusted and raster nasty looking. Those bolts are (15mm by 5.5 inches or 5/8x5.5") 45$ in bolts later... got the A-arms on and loosely bolted on. got the old Coilovers and tokico's off and played with the bilstiens I got from rolocut. I got the front braided brake lines installed (brakes are getting painted tomorrow along with spindles before install). so now all I am waiting for is the MM coilover kit, a new front swaybar mount (we ****ed one up pulling the motor) and sway bar end link bushings.

and lastly... I "mach,ed" up my turbo kit..lol

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TN95gt

Members online