Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
neverenuff

neverenuff

Reaction score
A little update,
Main hoop is in but ran out of Argon at 6pm. As fas as MM kit it is well thought out - everything fits perfectly aside from the one sticker states "do you want to die?" Pretty serious about welding the rear supports as I'm sure someone has bolted it together and put it in the car and it failed. Time to get some more welding gas and put a few coats of paint on it. Can't decide between satin black or red.....
f774807fdcff40f37bc17e995f4c12a8.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

96laseredcobra

Reaction score
A little update,
Main hoop is in but ran out of Argon at 6pm. As fas as MM kit it is well thought out - everything fits perfectly aside from the one sticker states "do you want to die?" Pretty serious about welding the rear tubes as I'm sure someone has bolted it together and put it in the car and it failed. Time to get some more welding gas and put a few coats of paint on it. Can't decide between satin black or red.....
f774807fdcff40f37bc17e995f4c12a8.jpg

Red

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Why not something that would make it pop. Your car is red, so red roll bar won't do that in my opinion. Black has been done to death... Red and tan is a tough combination in my opinion... How about silver metallic? I think that would look really good in there, and clean too.

Edit: My roll bar is red, but I have a white car, so it comes together really well.

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Just spray it with clear. Call it done.

sent from the toilet or from my cubicle

OP
OP
neverenuff

neverenuff

Reaction score
Why not something that would make it pop. Your car is red, so red roll bar won't do that in my opinion. Black has been done to death... Red and tan is a tough combination in my opinion... How about silver metallic? I think that would look really good in there, and clean too.

Edit: My roll bar is red, but I have a white car, so it comes together really well.
Interesting, I spayed the door bars satin black just to see how it turned out. I know it's overplayed but I might try and stay inconspicuous, I've been pulled over in my old fox, cop looks around at the gauges and such and says "you know hot rodding is illegal right?" Ever since, I try and blend in if you will, however yellow MM's products look "tits legit" as Frank would say

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Interesting, I spayed the door bars satin black just to see how it turned out. I know it's overplayed but I might try and stay inconspicuous, I've been pulled over in my old fox, cop looks around at the gauges and such and says "you know hot rodding is illegal right?" Ever since, I try and blend in if you will, however yellow MM's products look "tits legit" as Frank would say

What's not legal about your car? Aren't you fully CARB legal and reffed? If the car is reffed and legal, I wouldn't care what the police have to say. As long as you're not giving them a reason to pull you over (driving like a madman), they should have 0 reasons to ticket you.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Oh btw, forgot to mention. Roll bars if not powder coated or painted professionally (and even so), will chip paint. So, if that's something you may want to consider, you could rhynoliner it. It will give you that matte black finish you wanted, and it will be a tough coating, which won't chip. Some more food for thought.

OP
OP
neverenuff

neverenuff

Reaction score
What's not legal about your car? Aren't you fully CARB legal and reffed? If the car is reffed and legal, I wouldn't care what the police have to say. As long as you're not giving them a reason to pull you over (driving like a madman), they should have 0 reasons to ticket you.
Not CA reffed, out of state MO plates with CA legal longtubes (the only LT'S I know of that are) catted x pipe which is not compliant. If I move back to Missouri, I'll get everything in order as I should only need factory cats and charcoal canister. The whole red car thing is why I put off 3" exhaust as well. Not so much worried about in town but Smog is required on base and this car has been banned before because of it.

cheebs127

Reaction score
Excellent build dude! I was torn between the coyote and the terminator.. I guess I just have to coyote swap something else someday because this looks awesome

OP
OP
neverenuff

neverenuff

Reaction score
Excellent build dude! I was torn between the coyote and the terminator.. I guess I just have to coyote swap something else someday because this looks awesome
Thanks dude! It basically is a blank canvas now, I think I'll keep it naturally aspirated, but a VMP, Roush, or Whipple makes these things scream! I'm not sure I have room for a turbo and keeping it a DD.
Appreciate the kind words....waiting on Dalamar's swapped 'stang to get out of paint...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RevJon

Members online