Coyote SN95

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
haha. you are much nicer than i. as we get closer, text me. Just so i know :p.

OP
OP
neverenuff

neverenuff

Reaction score
haha. you are much nicer than i. as we get closer, text me. Just so i know :p.
Will do man! Have you ever been? I hear it's murder to your brakes..I've only been to the strip

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Will do man! Have you ever been? I hear it's murder to your brakes..I've only been to the strip

Autocross???? I've been. only issue i had was my oil was leaking because i ran thin oil. otherwise i had 0 issues. My tires on the otherhand................

OP
OP
neverenuff

neverenuff

Reaction score
Autocross???? I've been. only issue i had was my oil was leaking because i ran thin oil. otherwise i had 0 issues. My tires on the otherhand................
Nice! Always had a problem using rubbers lol well it'll be a learning experience for sure

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Nice! Always had a problem using rubbers lol well it'll be a learning experience for sure

Hahaa..yaaa..they are. ..tricky. but at the time i was on a/s hankooks. Hopefully these tires are better. What tires do you have now? And what width?

sent from the toilet or from my cubicle

OP
OP
neverenuff

neverenuff

Reaction score
Hahaa..yaaa..they are. ..tricky. but at the time i was on a/s hankooks. Hopefully these tires are better. What tires do you have now? And what width?

Bridgestone 245s up front and Nitto 555 275s out back on a 17" wheel

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Bridgestone 245s up front and Nitto 555 275s out back on a 17" wheel

You should be ok. Nt555 are a pretty good tire.

OP
OP
neverenuff

neverenuff

Reaction score
Not a whole lot going on here but I managed to pick up a Y2K wheel as I've always liked these and they look killer IMO on a new edge
ec5841a5fc18164c5fff5be3d4245a31.jpg

Also I plan on trying out a custom 3" axle back similar to the 05 and up. Running a catback now but I think the 2.5 inch can be improved....
154d3a2dcaa20e788314cb7f495cb3f7.jpg

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That is a great looking wheel. I've always liked them as well.

Reaction score
This thread is awesome, so how do you get past smog with the car? I've always thought a coyote swap would be really awesome to do and it's actually my engine plan WwwAaayyyyyyy down the road. Also getting multiple SN95s out sometime to autocross would be awesome

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Not a whole lot going on here but I managed to pick up a Y2K wheel as I've always liked these and they look killer IMO on a new edge
Also I plan on trying out a custom 3" axle back similar to the 05 and up. Running a catback now but I think the 2.5 inch can be improved....

Nice magnapacks!! thats what i have lol. when i do my coyote swap, i am going with MBRP race mufflers. Its going to be LOUD with 3"

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
This thread is awesome, so how do you get past smog with the car? I've always thought a coyote swap would be really awesome to do and it's actually my engine plan WwwAaayyyyyyy down the road. Also getting multiple SN95s out sometime to autocross would be awesome

If you want to pass smog, youll need to get it reffed. Which means, you need a donor car. Unless the ref is cool and certifies you with the ford racing control pack

OP
OP
neverenuff

neverenuff

Reaction score
Nice magnapacks!! thats what i have lol. when i do my coyote swap, i am going with MBRP race mufflers. Its going to be LOUD with 3"
That's what I'm afraid of!! Haha, only cause I don't want my neighbors to complain

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
That's what I'm afraid of!! Haha, only cause I don't want my neighbors to complain

If you control your throttle youll be ok. I went numerous times with CHP, Sheriffs, and local PD behind me for miles. As long as you dont haul ass, they usually dont do anything.

OP
OP
neverenuff

neverenuff

Reaction score
If you want to pass smog, youll need to get it reffed. Which means, you need a donor car. Unless the ref is cool and certifies you with the ford racing control pack
No CA ref will pass your vehicle without factory catalytic converters, charcoal canister etc. The FRPP control pack takes alot of parameters out of the mix

B.mad

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
No CA ref will pass your vehicle without factory catalytic converters, charcoal canister etc. The FRPP control pack takes alot of parameters out of the mix

the pack is tune-able, so you can change parameters out for that. Also, the LS swaps use the similiar control pack, so it is possible, only difference is that it is certified. The whole purpose of CARB certificates is so you dont need to get it certified. But since the control pack isnt certified, you need to get the car certified. The new mustangs only have 2 huge cats, while the sn95's have 4-6. So its essentially the same in reducing polluntants. Also, you can get some certified aftermarket cats from magnaflow. I think what hurts the certification is the fact that the pack does not have a registered vin.

OP
OP
neverenuff

neverenuff

Reaction score
I have out of state plates. But like B.mad said if I used a donor and took it to a ref they can determine it CA legal or not. This engine should've came factory in these cars! You can source an F150 one around $1500 if you lookout for them. I honestly think it can be done for $4k if you have a mod motor already and have a little ingenuity. Thanks for the comps!

Reaction score
I have out of state plates. But like B.mad said if I used a donor and took it to a ref they can determine it CA legal or not. This engine should've came factory in these cars! You can source an F150 one around $1500 if you lookout for them. I honestly think it can be done for $4k if you have a mod motor already and have a little ingenuity. Thanks for the comps!

That's cheating...
Lol stupid California with its vehicle restriction ands regulations. Might as well get a 67 and call it a day hahah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Canaryonvskf’s

Members online