.::Cpotts Mach Won Build Log::.

Cpotts13

Reaction score
DeadlyNightShade%204_zpseznquxb9.gif

Well for those of y'all that already know I left for the air force in July of this year, I figured it would be better to sale my old mustang (2000 GT) to my younger brother, save some money, and buy something bigger and better. And thats what I did! I have been home on leave since wednesday, the next day I went and checked out a low mileage, one owner Mach 1. I had plans to check out a low mileage 2001 Bullitt in DHG, but the second I rode in the Mach I was sold.

20150219_174503_zps443e48ff.jpg

Modifications will come slowly but surely!

Performance/ DrivetrainInterior/ ExteriorSuspension/wheels/brakes
-MAC LT headers (ceramic coated)-Mach 1 Embroidered floor Mats-18x9/10.5 Rovos Durbans in Satin Gunmetal
-MAC o/r x pipe-New matte black hood decal-Nitto Invo 275/35/18 Front 295/35/18 Rear
-Borla Catback-"Fast" ford trunk oval-Roush/ Bilstein shocks
-BAMA x4 tuner-"Cobra Jet" shaker emblems-Roush/ Bilstein Struts
-JLT Paint Matched RAI-LED trunk lights-SR caster camber plates
-SR quadrant adjuster-IS31 Fm modulator (hardwired)-H&R super sport springs
-14" Wilwood BBK "Gold flake" Calipers
-MM solid steering rack bushings
-J&M Lower Control Arms

Here are some useful links that I have found browsing about:

Matching Spring rates
How to change spark plugs
How to change mtf
How to replace the pinion seal
How to rebuild your differential
Everything you need to know about the 8.8
How to change fuel filter
How to program key fob
Wiring in trunk LED's

VIDEO:O/R x pipe, stock catback
VIDEO: O/R x pipe, pypes m80 mufflers
VIDEO: Cpotts Mach Won: Parking Garage Fun
VIDEO: O/R x pipe, Borla Catback
VIDEO: MAC Longtubes, o/r x pipe and Borla Stingers First start.
LINK: My 2000 GT Build Thread

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Dang man that's sweet. I've got a soft spot for white machs.

Maybe it's for Machs in general. I drove a modded auto one last night, and that mf'er moved out, and they sound like total sex. I'm jealous.

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Wow.. She's gorgeous man, good luck with her! I always loved Mach 1's, seen a few in person.. Just sick cars, sound out of this world.. Heard a mach 1 the other day pass me, kooks longtubes, x pipe, SLPs and a blower.. My ears hurt haha

OP
OP
C

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Beautiful Mach.

Thanks man!!

Nice pick up. Should have got the bullitt though.

I didnt even bother checking it out.. lol

Joking I hope

I sure hope he was lol. Either car is a good base though.

Dang man that's sweet. I've got a soft spot for white machs.

Maybe it's for Machs in general. I drove a modded auto one last night, and that mf'er moved out, and they sound like total sex. I'm jealous.

I have a soft spot for machs aswell. I have always wanted one. And i agree, this thing moves!!! Cant wait to put the new exhaust on it..

Sure is pretty!

Thankyaaa

Wow.. She's gorgeous man, good luck with her! I always loved Mach 1's, seen a few in person.. Just sick cars, sound out of this world.. Heard a mach 1 the other day pass me, kooks longtubes, x pipe, SLPs and a blower.. My ears hurt haha

I plan to put a cobra blower on it!

ademily87

Reaction score
I always have a spot for the 03-04 mach's. I had a cammed dark shadow gray mach 1. I loved that car more than I love my terminator. Got lots of compliments on the car. Probably mainly because of the sound I dunno. Had mac longtubes into hiflow cats and flow masters. With the cams it was the most beautiful idle!

I highly recommend it for yours. I'll share some videos if you need some convincing

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

Cpotts13

Reaction score
I always have a spot for the 03-04 mach's. I had a cammed dark shadow gray mach 1. I loved that car more than I love my terminator. Got lots of compliments on the car. Probably mainly because of the sound I dunno. Had mac longtubes into hiflow cats and flow masters. With the cams it was the most beautiful idle!

I highly recommend it for yours. I'll share some videos if you need some convincing

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Yeah lets see some videos!
What all had to be done to get the cams do to work? Like did you have to notch the pistons or anything?

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Yeah lets see some videos!
What all had to be done to get the cams do to work? Like did you have to notch the pistons or anything?

Unless your using cams with high lift AND duration...You wont need to... One god thing with 4v (I cant believe I just said that) is you now have the ability to degree intake and exhaust infinitely independent of each other...

OP
OP
C

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Unless your using cams with high lift AND duration...You wont need to... One god thing with 4v (I cant believe I just said that) is you now have the ability to degree intake and exhaust infinitely independent of each other...

So what is so good about that? Newb to 4vs...

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
So what is so good about that? Newb to 4vs...

Basically in any other engine where the intake and exhaust cam lobes are on the same shaft, if you want to alter the intake or exhaust valve opening, it needs to be done with another camshaft with different specs. This design with the 4v where they are independent, allows you to set the intake AND exhaust cams to open 100% independent of each other with only a few changes (significant change but just labor, no parts to buy)

OP
OP
C

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Alright, I have been thinking of things I want to do to the car. Im going to keep it simple..

Exterior:
-bullitt or cobra side skirts
-staggered rim set up
-black painted roof

suspension:
-h&r super sports
-front a rear sway bars
-rear lcas
-mm cc plates
-strut tower brace

Underhood:
-cai
-tb
-intake spacer
-frpp cop cover
-ford blue valve covers
-o/r x (ordered) should be installed next saturday..
-catback (stingers or magnapacks)

OP
OP
C

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Im lucky to have access to lifts and tons of tools. On base we have a "hobby shop" and you can rent out a bay for $2/hr.

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan. Either of those catbacks will sounds awesome!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
albertmarshall7752

Members online