.::Cpotts Mach Won Build Log::.

decipha

Reaction score
as soon as i seen this thread i was going to warn you about the o2s

with an x-pipe you get scavenging in the exhaust so the passenger o2 sees the driver bank and vice versa, what makes this more problematic is that the scavenging is only during specific exhaust pulse's, at higher loads the cross over is less effective on the o2s

you'll need a 'tune adjustment' to disable the driver side o2 sensor

OP
OP
C

Cpotts13

Reaction score
as soon as i seen this thread i was going to warn you about the o2s

with an x-pipe you get scavenging in the exhaust so the passenger o2 sees the driver bank and vice versa, what makes this more problematic is that the scavenging is only during specific exhaust pulse's, at higher loads the cross over is less effective on the o2s

you'll need a 'tune adjustment' to disable the driver side o2 sensor

what..... kinda makes sense, I did a 300 mile road trip at 80mph 2200rpm and didnt have the cel come on once, but have it come on within 30 miles of city driving.. interesting..

Any other thoughts..?

decipha

Reaction score
yep thats typically for the reason's i stated above, contact the user addermk2 he can probably hook you up with a chip that will correct the issue as well as give you a little more power and what not

copmagnet

Reaction score
Ha! good catch I meant to include to degree those cams as well just didn't say it LOL. The reason most wont degree them is it's a bit on the difficulty side and installing them straight up is the easiest. But your right degreed will get the most out of the cams.
actually degreeing them is easy as **** with cloyes 9 keyway gears. you literally spin the cam, slide the gear on and drop it in "dot to dot" ask me how I know. BTW, with my cobra cams (I spent 150$ on the swap) I made 326HP

OP
OP
C

Cpotts13

Reaction score
actually degreeing them is easy as **** with cloyes 9 keyway gears. you literally spin the cam, slide the gear on and drop it in "dot to dot" ask me how I know. BTW, with my cobra cams (I spent 150$ on the swap) I made 326HP

thats decent gain for the money! btw what does the "cobra jet" on the side of your shaker mean??

copmagnet

Reaction score
Ha! good catch I meant to include to degree those cams as well just didn't say it LOL. The reason most wont degree them is it's a bit on the difficulty side and installing them straight up is the easiest. But your right degreed will get the most out of the cams.

yep thats typically for the reason's i stated above, contact the user addermk2 he can probably hook you up with a chip that will correct the issue as well as give you a little more power and what not

as far as I know he only does pushrods.

copmagnet

Reaction score
No, it's an aftermarket thing. It was a huge "fad" with mach 1 guys a few years ago, I got my car with it on there, and liked the way they looked so I painted them and my shaker Black.

decipha

Reaction score
...as far as I know he only does pushrods.

I was unaware, if you want I can send you a chip out, just email me the vehicle info sheet filled out, the link to my website is in my user profile, you would fall under the 'stock+performance tune'

OP
OP
C

Cpotts13

Reaction score
No, it's an aftermarket thing. It was a huge "fad" with mach 1 guys a few years ago, I got my car with it on there, and liked the way they looked so I painted them and my shaker Black.

hmm interesting. Thanks for that info..

OP
OP
C

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Have you decided on gears yet?

Hmm like i said mods have been put on hold due to moving and recently getting married..

BUT gears will be the last thing i probably do. I do ALOT of highway driving and the speed limit here in texas is 80mph, so the 3.55's are optimal..

Mods will probably resume summertime!

ademily87

Reaction score
oh, I'm sorry I guess I missed that part. Just sayin though, I get 25MPG with 4.30's ;)

In 5th gear with the cruise set at 50mph maybe lol Also if your speedo is off because of the gears it could make it seem like you're getting more miles to a tank of gas. Food for thought :thumbup:

But hes saying he travels at 80+mph so a 5spd with 4.30's constantly doing 80mph... No sir. Lol

I'd stick with your stock gears. Perfect for the highway.

OP
OP
C

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Tiny little update...

As I said above I was freaking tired at stairing at the CEL due to the o/r x pipe, apparently mil eliminators dont work with x pipes?, so i went and pulled the bulb for the CEL.. I know it is kinda drastic but hey...

Also another little update, this UPR o/r x pipe IS TOTAL AND 100% TRASH!! I cannot for the life of me fix the dang exhaust leak on the driverside header to down pipe ball flange... Literally have tried everything..
I did use the little adapter thatr comes with the x pipe, and it still leaked, then i tried the exhaust fix a leak stuff, still leaked, then tried re positioning it with washers under the nut so it clamps down more, STILL LEAKS.

So here is my propossed plan, as a last ditch effort before I just say forget it and look for a stock mid pipe..

-I am going to get a 2.5inch diameter exhaust donut gasket http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx/Exhaust-Gasket/_/R-EXT31673_0399434680 which should fit in the inside of the adapter, then get some copper rtv and use a heavy amount and let it sit for a descent amount of time. The whole idea is that the exhaust donut gasket wwill compress and create a better seal between the male and female part of the exhaust ball joints and the copper rtv is to give it that extra seal..

here is where i got the idea!!
http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...asy-fix-your-upr-xpipe-leak-drivers-side.html

copmagnet

Reaction score
In 5th gear with the cruise set at 50mph maybe lol Also if your speedo is off because of the gears it could make it seem like you're getting more miles to a tank of gas. Food for thought :thumbup:

But hes saying he travels at 80+mph so a 5spd with 4.30's constantly doing 80mph... No sir. Lol

I'd stick with your stock gears. Perfect for the highway.

nope..thats at 70-75 with a correcto speedo.

But I appreciate you trying to be a smart ass. :thumbsup:

Op, I have my factory mid-pipe in my garage I'll sell you.

ademily87

Reaction score
nope..thats at 70-75 with a correcto speedo.

But I appreciate you trying to be a smart ass. :thumbsup:

*If* being the key word. I didn't say your speedo IS off and that you ARE wrong. Juat simply stated that I find it hard to believe that a Mach 1 with 4.30's gets 25mpg cruising at 80mph (which is the hwy speed OP will be traveling mostly) I'm n not "trying" to be a smart ass. If i were trying, you would know it.

Get your panties out of a bunch, Mary.

OP
OP
C

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Hey little update. Nothing major... but got All my windows retinted. Wohooooo! I'll post pics soon.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.