.::Cpotts Mach Won Build Log::.

RonBurgandy

Reaction score
Just so I'm clear mach 1s are dohc 4v? I never knew this but then again I'm a die hard pushrod man. Gorgeous car keep more pics coming

Brought to you from a a land far far far very far veryy very far away

OP
OP
C

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Just so I'm clear mach 1s are dohc 4v? I never knew this but then again I'm a die hard pushrod man. Gorgeous car keep more pics coming

Brought to you from a a land far far far very far veryy very far away

Yes they are 4vs, and I will when the weather is nice.

SMOKEDYA

Reaction score
Beautiful mach1! I sure miss my 03 TR mach. I had pace setter ceramic l/t's and pace setter or x pipe with magnaflow catback. was truly sex to the ears!!!! The cams were going to be installed this winter along with a bottle and converter and 4.10's I was shooting for low 11's high 10's next year in it.

SMOKEDYA

Reaction score
Another cheap and also free upgrade is to either degree the stock cams,or get 98 cobra intake cams.Just by lining up the dot to dot on stock exhaust cams and 98 cobra intake cam you will gain 20-25 hp to the wheels and if your mechanically inclined the cams will set you back as little as $150 plus a few extra parts.

duff daddy

Legend
Reaction score
Another cheap and also free upgrade is to either degree the stock cams,or get 98 cobra intake cams.Just by lining up the dot to dot on stock exhaust cams and 98 cobra intake cam you will gain 20-25 hp to the wheels and if your mechanically inclined the cams will set you back as little as $150 plus a few extra parts.

But you dont suggest to degree the cobra intake/stock exhaust cam.... OOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD !?!?!?!?! Any came, ANY time its installed/removed or repalced, should be (re)degreed.

SMOKEDYA

Reaction score
But you dont suggest to degree the cobra intake/stock exhaust cam.... OOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD !?!?!?!?! Any came, ANY time its installed/removed or repalced, should be (re)degreed.

Ha! good catch I meant to include to degree those cams as well just didn't say it LOL. The reason most wont degree them is it's a bit on the difficulty side and installing them straight up is the easiest. But your right degreed will get the most out of the cams.

OP
OP
C

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Well if i went to the work of installing cams I would go with something that would give me a nice lope.. lol
plus i do not believe that i am mechanically inclined enough to install them myself

OP
OP
C

Cpotts13

Reaction score
A little update: UPR o/r x pipe installed

I installed the o/r x pipe Saturday. It was my first time installing a mid pipe and it was alot easier to do then i thought it would be.
None of the bolts gave me problems and the O2 sensors came of easy enough.

As for the actual x pipe i bought the upr catless one and it bolted up no problem. The only thing i thought was weird was that it didn't come with a new header to downpipe gasket. But i went and got a felpro for $6 so it wasn't a big deal.

As for sound, it sounds alright with the stock catback, its quiet on idle and cruising, but when you get it high in the rpms it screams.
My complaint though is that now that there isn't catalytic converters to muffle any noise you can hear the engine tick pretty loud..

One year ownership update:

WOW this thing is a piece of crap. Since the first week of having it installed on my car there has been a constant leak on the drivers side header to downpipe ball flange. I have tried everything to remedy the problem, BUT alas nothing. I resigned to the fact that It will never completely seal and there will always be a slight leak. In the video you can see me inspecting the said leak..

[video=youtube;9o6T7bwhnB4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9o6T7bwhnB4&list=UU5I1M4VR47PJCqLz1CH689A[/video]

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear you had an easy time installing that mid pipe. My UPR offroad-X fit like shit and had to be custom welded to fit.

OP
OP
C

Cpotts13

Reaction score
I'm glad to hear you had an easy time installing that mid pipe. My UPR offroad-X fit like shit and had to be custom welded to fit.

Yeah i have heard mixed reviews about the upr but it worked out okay in the end.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Whoa ! I love white machs, can't believe I missed this until now . It sounds like you got a nice list of plans for it . I love the sound of a x pipe on a 4v

OP
OP
C

Cpotts13

Reaction score
Alright y'all. Little update... I have been getting a check engine light frequently (I keep resetting it), so I got ahold of a code reader and it says that all 4 o2 sensors are faulty, well that's what's throwing the codes anyways... So tell me... I believe I may have mixes up the o2 sensors when installing my off road x pipe.. Is there a difference? I keep reading different things... Is there upstream vs downstream?? Thanks..

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Alright y'all. Little update... I have been getting a check engine light frequently (I keep resetting it), so I got ahold of a code reader and it says that all 4 o2 sensors are faulty, well that's what's throwing the codes anyways... So tell me... I believe I may have mixes up the o2 sensors when installing my off road x pipe.. Is there a difference? I keep reading different things... Is there upstream vs downstream?? Thanks..

Some companies have different part #'s for each individual 02 sensor and others don't. In the end, they all produce the same voltage. Harness length and connectors may be different sometimes. The main difference in upstream and downstream is basically what they read. The front ones are the important ones as they read you A/F ratio. The rear ones read your cats which in your case are non-existent. Mixing them up shouldn't make any differences.

OP
OP
C

Cpotts13

Reaction score
ahh well i spent a few hours in the shop trying to adjust the o/r x pipe to make it stop leaking to no avail.. I also tried to see if there was anything wrong causing the check engine light to come on.. and there didnt seem to be, soo tomorrow I will be pulling the check engine light out of the dash :thumbsup: I cannot stand to see it staring at me all the time..

Also, most everything will stay stock on the car as it is for a good while. I just recently got married and will be moving out to Biloxi Mississippi in feb.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online