Cutting FRPP C-Springs

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 94gtstang50, Apr 14, 2006.

1. 94gtstang50

94gtstang50 Well-Known Member

Ok, so I put the springs on and I dont like the rear ride height. I was told by several people that the rears can be cut because they have a portion of dead coil dedicated for that purpose. So my question is,.....where do I cut them? My springs didn't come with instructions on this so I am now calling on you, c spring owners, for info on this. I tried posting this on stangnet, but nobody seemed to know what c springs are, with the exception of one person, who I believe is a member of this site possibly :dunno:

2. Mr. Pacific Green

Mr. Pacific Green Well-Known Member

Simple - just cut one full coil, no more. That should drop you about another 1/2". Don't cut anymore because it will compromise ride quality and don't use a welder to cut because extreme heat affects the spring rate.
    Most eople use a powered cutting wheel or you can use a carbide hacksaw blade, but this will require some muscle and patience.
    I just payed for my C springs and expect to get them in this week.

3. Addermk2

Addermk2 Well-Known Member

take some meat of the top, the bottom of the spring sits on the control arm and has a small ring... you dont wanna cut that

4. 94gtstang50

Yup the top 0.5" is all dead coil, so as soon as I go home to NJ, i'm introducing the springs to mr. hacksaw.

5. FEAST SN95 JPN

FEAST SN95 JPN Active Member

Kinda spring related! Will the Eibach drag launch kit (full) help lower our SN95?

6. 94gtstang50

Start a new thread about it. You'll get more responses and faster ones at that.

7. wiplash

wiplash Well-Known Member

No, will just improve launch, still looks like a 4x4.