OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks guys,

I'm excited for the IRS.
there's ton's of gutters and speed bumps here, so I will be very nice to have it ride smoother and take all the dips.
It's gonna be a fast street car.

Scarface - you up for a road trip in a few years??

Thanks for the props Badass98 - I did follow that build.
Those guys did an outstanding job.
the fab work they did on the body combining was top notch, and the body work -
whew, it made me tired just reading aobut it.
probably thousands of hours.

I'm not a big fan of the yellow, but it still looks great.

After seeing that, I was thinking of seeing about puting a newer interior in the 67.
We'll see how that turns out...

Rantheman

Reaction score
Nice dalmar I like what you are doing I have a 65 Chevelle I am restoring from the ground up. Should be pretty bad ass I am also doing fabricating like you. but the money is coming really slow. I hope to have the Frame all done suspension and sitting on wheels and tires by summer so then I can move on to the body! Good Luck

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Ranth, your Chevelle looks to be a sweet ride when it's done.
I know all about slow and money, I had the car for 3 years before I could do anything on it!

Thanks MysteryM - It's looking like a it will be winter before I get back on it.

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
nice
i got a 66 coupe with a 289 hi-po;
but that fastback is just gonna be wicked,
your a mechanical mastermind man, i would never
try the stuff your doing, have you had training or anything?

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
1996mustangGT said:
nice
i got a 66 coupe with a 289 hi-po;
but that fastback is just gonna be wicked,
your a mechanical mastermind man, i would never
try the stuff your doing, have you had training or anything?

Thanks man, this car origionally had a 289 in it too!
Got any pics of the 66?

No training really, I used to do some fabricating, more heavy construction type stuff like heavy angel and channel, 12 gauge sheet work.
I enjoyed it, I like building things
This is a big project, I"m just taking it one step at a time.

1996mustangGT

Reaction score
ill try to get some pics up of the 66 sometime
so you working on both the projects at the same time?

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
no, i haven't touched it since the motor came out.

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Nope, All my time (and $) has been into the 96 :bunny3:

Doc_G

Reaction score
I know most folks throw fits about resurrecting dead or old threads... but after all the reading Ive done here I would really like an update. If its posted somewhere else and Ive missed it I apologize.. Im new around here and have a LOVE AFFAIR w/early model mustangs... Very nearly bought myself a 66 for xmas last year... only thing stopping me was no garage to keep it in (lived in an apt.) I am absolutely flabbergasted w/what youve done so far and tip my hat to you sir. I will be starting on a project that is wide sweeping in scope but not quite as adventurous as the one your on. Its a fairly common swap if you ask alot of folks.. but for me its a new direction to go in and I am eager to start but the financial end is a bit slow and I want to do it right the first time so its slow going.

But enough about me and mine... Lets have an update on you and yours.

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Doc.
I havn't done anything on it since summer. , been busy with my 96 and other stuff.
Time and money.
Thanks for the interest. Once you get your project car, you'll definatley need a place to keep it.
It is interesting going over every part and every square inch of the car.
Good luck with yours! You'll get one some day. ;)

I'll have to post up a few pics I havn't yet. Not very exciting - I cut out and relpace all the rusted material over whole bottom of the car.
Ford didn't coat the inside floor of these, and there's gaps in the unibody underneith - so whatever car you get, WILL have rust.
Unless they kept it in an Argon bubble since production.

The next step for us is to get the IRS mounted & Fab up the rear mounts for it.
Then we need to buy the wheels and tires.

I'm thinking of this wheel:
You think they'll look good?

shelbyrazorwheel.jpg

Once we get those, we can set the ride height, finish welding up the bottom and coat it.
Make it a rolling chassis. I'm probably gonna set up a spray booth and do the priming and basic prep stuff in my garage.
body shops tend to drag on forever on these full-out jobs, and you rack up some substantial labor. $$$

Doc_G

Reaction score
Yeah I feel ya there. Those wheels are amazing and Depending on your final color choice for the fast back should look all out amazing. What size are you contemplating?

A lil more on mine.. I am swapping a supercoupe v6 into my 95 since its mainly my wifes car. I have my eye on a basket case 65-67 model coupe (not too sure because I can never get the guy on the phone but its forsale, I belive the owner may be in iraq atm) but untill I get the wifestang up and running back on the road and tuned I cant have any more projects. I bought a supercoupe for a very good price and will be swapping the engine after I get it pulled and rebuilt (nothing major just freshening the gaskets and making sure the internals are new) then its body work time. Ive recently made a deal for a s281 wing to go on the back its been massaged to sit perfectly on the ass end of my as of yet wingless mustang. Then Im looking at the cobra front w/saleen sides and a gt rear.(kind of amalgamated yes but I like the looks of the cobra front and saleen sides. And I may just keep the v6 rear and drop the tips like you did on yours) Once I get started I'll be making a thread here on it, I usually post over at 3.8mustang.com because, well to be honest its the first mustang forums I found for v6's but find myself reading here more and more often due to it being a sn95 specific forum. I dont have many posts here yet but trust me when i get rolling its hard to stop me. lol

anyway I look forward to your other thread's completion and the updates in this one.

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That's cool. Is that supercoupe motor the one with the little eaton on it?
that should be a fun runner when your done.

What did you do to massage the 281 spoiler to fit right. I've got one, and the ends are pointed up a little bit.
Cant beat the cobra front for looks.

And yes, we definately wanna see your build thread 8)

Doc_G

Reaction score
yeah its the one w/the eaton m90. Its supposed to be a monster for lowend torque. In the pig of a supercoupe it was running away from mildly modified gt's from a dig and held its own in the top end from a roll. I dont imagine it to be a end all beat all for a 6 but it'll make the wifestang a lot more fun to drive.

the 281 wing was massaged before I got it so the only thing I need to do is sand and prime to have it painted in the color im going w/the body. (which btw if my color code decyphering is correct is dark forest green) If your really interested check w/mysteed on the 3.8mustang forums as he's the one who did all the work on it.

and when I get the engine hoist and the engine stand in the garage I will start disassembly. Look for my thread sometime in the april/may months to start. I figure by aug at the latest I should have the wifestang back on the road and ready for dyno tune. (got my fingers crossed anyway) Ive got all the parts I need minus the gasket set, head bolts/studs, 1.7 roller rockers and the walboro 255lph fuel pump. I am also going w/a mild cam (nothing fancy) thats supposed to be great for Forced Induction engines and a set of 3.73's w/a tlock to get me off the line in good order. Only thing left I can think of is maybe an OR x or possibly a H pipe set up for my custom true duals w/40 series flows. Debating the catless option (dont want it to be too ricey but hey its a six so its NEVER gonna sound like the v8)

Also I plan to be a HUGE camera hog.. gotta do something w/all my photobucket space lol.

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Darkhorse

Hey Doc - if you donate and become a Supporting Member, you get 50M hosting space.
Just thought I'd let you know. :)

Doc_G

Reaction score
yeah ive considered it.. and came to the conclusion that I will be donating at some point... but I want to get to know the place/get known first... Not knocking the guys who come in and donate after like 1 post (saw that somewhere in a thread today lol) or anything like that... I just wanna make sure im comfortable here... yanno. So far Ive liked everything Ive seen and its almost worth it just for the smileys lol. :thumb:

:trollarse:<~~my fav so far

but yeah Im really liking this place and can see meself here a while. But now that Ive hi-jacked your build thread long enough i'll let it get back to where it belongs...

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
No pressure, and please enjoy the forums.

Well it's about time I post some more pics in here.
This is the last thing I did on her, back in the summer.

This is why new cars are undercoated and painted on the INSIDE:
floor1.jpg

floor2.jpg

floor3.jpg

floor4.jpg

floor5.jpg

floor6.jpg

OP
OP
Dalamar

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Here's kindof the look I have in mind, like the FastForeward Concept drawing.

Clean sides, molded scoupe, and more of a Mach style front with a Chin spoiler.
I dont really like the regular front of the 67, or the Shelby front.
It looks like the middle is missing, and way too many ppl do it on their mustangs.

fastforewardconceptdrawing.jpg

We'll see how she turns out! :bunny3:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online

No members online now.