"first mods" for my 1998 3.8 auto?

Reaction score
I saw the guy today, he still has it but tomorrow he is going to a stang meet and he is going to offer it there, if he hasnt sell it i can post here for him if anybody is interested :fastjob:

M

mustangman111

save your money please god... my dad spents at least 4-5k into my 3.8 worst thing he could of ever done

330CubeGt

Reaction score
Save Your Money and Boost it Or Do a V8 Swap Other then that i wouldent bother ,Been there Done that.

atlanticblue98

Reaction score
Boo$t Or Die said:
save your money please god... my dad spents at least 4-5k into my 3.8 worst thing he could of ever done

330CubeGt said:
Save Your Money and Boost it Or Do a V8 Swap Other then that i wouldent bother ,Been there Done that.

yeah, he can just go down to the local used car lot and buy any style v8 mustang in Germany, there crawling with more mustangs than we are :sacastic smilie:

Nater

Reaction score
The problem with that is that Kevin has to deal with the German inspection, who are very strict about what can and cannot be done to the car.....

OP
OP
CruizinKev

CruizinKev

Reaction score
yeah I already got a vortech kit sitting.. but at the moment I dont know to get it in or not and so and so.. Currently I'm more into new paintjob and everything since my car got damaged by neighbors..

whitefang98

Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
only worthwhile mod is the m90 swap...ands its cheap too.
hey man ive actually been looking into that and how much hp gain can i expect?

whitefang98

Reaction score
hey just a quick question about thunderbirds and the m90 superchargers... wouldnt it just make more since dropping in a super coupe v-6 engine in my mustang rather than rebuilding my existing engine and trying to modify it to put the m-90 on and also my car has 150,000+ miles. it runs good but idk if it could handle a m90. im thinking it would be best if i wanted power out of my car to find a wrecked t-bird supercoupe and grab the motor and drop it in mine. anyone have any input or opinions on this?

whitefang98

Reaction score
bump. anyone?
and can all super coupes be dropped into a mustang? i know there is some variation between the years but can anyone explain this to me?

Mr.Bolt-on

Reaction score
WhiteFang98, an m90 swap is almost a direct swap to the v6 mustang, you just have to make sure all the plumbing for the intercooler is put together correctly, I also (think) that the battery has to be relocated, but I may be wrong.

M90 supercoupe engine, with long tubes, pulley, blower porting, positive traction 3.73 8.8 rear, lower control arms, aluminum driveshaft, rear seat delete, full dual exhaust would very possibly get you into the low 12's.

You can go faster with less horsepower in a v6, than you can with a heavier V8. Many people like to gripe and complain about the lightweight V6 not being able to make as much power as the V8, but in all seriousness. The V6 does NOT have to make as much horsepower to go as fast or faster than a V8.

Also, you get about the same gains porting and polishing your single port intakes, as swapping a split port on to the 3.8. You will get a little less horsepower with the porting and polishing versus the split port, but if you do H/C/I plus turbo, nitrous, or supercharger. Then in all reality the split port swap really isn't necessary AT ALL.

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Im not a 3.8 guy....so your asking the wrong guy but It does kind of make since to put a 3.8 supercoupe engine in there since its made for boost.

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
in fact, if you were going to do that, why not put the cuper coupe on an engine stand, and completely rebuild it before swapping. new heads, pistons, pullies (if needed, probably not though), idk, all new parts that i cant think of because im tired ha.

then drop it in like its new, and you will really get the most oout of it
that way you can drive around stock while your building the beast.

this may have been your intentions already, but im just talkin away ha

atlanticblue98

Reaction score
g36 monkey said:
in fact, if you were going to do that, why not put the cuper coupe on an engine stand, and completely rebuild it before swapping. new heads, pistons, pullies (if needed, probably not though), idk, all new parts that i cant think of because im tired ha.

the stock super coupe pullies produce 12psi, he wouldnt have to touch them lol

building the seperate engine out of the car is the best bet. once your done with the build swap it in over the course of a weekend then straight to a dyno shop

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
atlanticblue98 said:
g36 monkey said:

the stock super coupe pullies produce 12psi, he wouldnt have to touch them lol

building the seperate engine out of the car is the best bet. once your done with the build swap it in over the course of a weekend then straight to a dyno shop

awesome
i need to do some research on this thing, it seems like an easir change than going from a v6 to v8, and could probably produce quite a load of power for a v6.

obviously in the future i want to buy another mustang with the v8, but it would be cool to have a v6 raping machine :)

atlanticblue98

Reaction score
since you have a 99-04, you would have to revert down to the singleport heads from a 94-98 before you can put the m90 on. just do the m112 swap since you have the compatable and higher flowing heads stock

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
so instead of buying a supercoupe motor, just get another 3.8 like mine and buy an m112?

or get the supercoupe motor but buy the split port heads?

sorry if i seem stupid

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i doubt they have Super coupes just sitting around in Germany as well...

i suggest going to http://www.supersixmotorsports.com/ and ask them... thats what i did with my V6 and they were very helpful...

I persoanlly suggest (since youre in germany) to try and find a SC blower on www.ebay.com and get it shipped to you...

its not a simple swap, but it could be worse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online