Reaction score
Oh of course!
YpdwR40.jpg

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Made a checklist of what to do and what order to do it in... Kinda vague for some things but i think thats the easiest and fastest way to do it. Depending on the timing the entire car will get paint before assembly but it might wait a month first.

The 94 is the car i have now and have built for 3 years... the 95 is the new shell.

Swap suspension from 94 to 95
Install shaved trunk lid
Remove interior from 94
Remove body harness from 94
Install body harness into 95
Install interior into 95
Swap doors from 94 to 95
Sand down front clip
Prime front clip
Paint front clip
Remove stock k member
Install tubular k member
Swap steering rack from 94 to 95
Swap brake lines from 94 to 95
Remove gas tank from 94
Swap gas lines from 94 to 95
Install gas tank into 95
Remove taillights & headlights from 94
Remove hood from 94
Remove bumper from 94
Remove fenders from 94
Remove driveshaft from 94
Remove mufflers from 94
Remove catted midpipe from 94
Remove motor and tranny from 94
Remove motor harness from 94
Install and tuck engine harness into 95
Install motor and tranny into 95
Install driveshaft into 95
Install offroad midpipe into 95
Install mufflers into 95
Install fenders onto 95
Install bumper onto 95
Install hood onto 95
Install headlights and taillights into 95
Swap wiper mechanism from 94 to 95

I also plan on replacing front and rear brake lines (will be keeping my hardlines), motor mounts, tranny mount, and if i can find a cheap pair of upper snd lower rear control arms those will go on the list too. While everything's apart might as well right? Also still looking into sound deadening the interior... havent looked too much into it. Maybe @ttcos can suggest a good brand and thickness to use thats not super expensive?

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
You've got a lot of work ahead, but you can make it happen! I'm glad to see you don't give up and keep figuring out solutions to problems many of us would give up on. Keep at it and good luck man

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
I put some sound deadener in mine when I changed carpet. I used stuff that you lay down and use a roller similar to a paint roller to make it stick. At the time I had all solid bushings in my rear end and slp loudmouth 1 exhaust, so needless to say my car was noisy inside and out. When I put that in though the noise was almost gone, I'll see if I can source a link. I got it through eBay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
I put some sound deadener in mine when I changed carpet. I used stuff that you lay down and use a roller similar to a paint roller to make it stick. At the time I had all solid bushings in my rear end and slp loudmouth 1 exhaust, so needless to say my car was noisy inside and out. When I put that in though the noise was almost gone, I'll see if I can source a link. I got it through eBay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If you couls find a link or a name that would be awesome. Definitely want to do some sound deadening while theres no interior in it.

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Are those 4 sheets enough to do the entire floor of the car? Ill have dash out and everything so itd be from the very front of the carpet to the lip where the trunk lid meets the body.
Might order two to be safe and have enough for doors too?

That is 16sq ft. I'm not real sure how much you will need to do the entire thing, I only did under my carpet and rear seat.

hottwheels04

Reaction score
wow man thats alot of work, I will be honest i would of throw in the towel save the $ bought a already modded car or cobra lol

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Update: talked to the guy last night. I will be getting the body, with all of the weather stripping, sail panels and pillar covers, the hood latch and cable (mines so beyond sticky and his is brand new and the 96-98 version) and possibley the fender liners and all the trunk lining if he has extras. To be determined. As of now im going up there next weekend, saturday morning then all day sunday with some friends to pull it apart.

I called napa and got a quote on Sonic Blue paint, clear coat, and activator.. just about $520... lol. Gonna shop around and try to get primer base coat clear and activator for under $400. We'll see. Right now it looks like ill be rattle caning the engine bay with duplicolor exact match and then waiting to paint the body.

Also just noticed my headliner from AM i got last year is screwed up and the fabric is separating from the abs backing... just emailed them. I would like to get a new one before the swap hopefully.. their customer service hadnt been too good to me in the past though.
JrjmbYa.jpg

CC'S95GT

Post Whore
Reaction score
Update: talked to the guy last night. I will be getting the body, with all of the weather stripping, sail panels and pillar covers, the hood latch and cable (mines so beyond sticky and his is brand new and the 96-98 version) and possibley the fender liners and all the trunk lining if he has extras. To be determined. As of now im going up there next weekend, saturday morning then all day sunday with some friends to pull it apart.

I called napa and got a quote on Sonic Blue paint, clear coat, and activator.. just about $520... lol. Gonna shop around and try to get primer base coat clear and activator for under $400. We'll see. Right now it looks like ill be rattle caning the engine bay with duplicolor exact match and then waiting to paint the body.

Also just noticed my headliner from AM i got last year is screwed up and the fabric is separating from the abs backing... just emailed them. I would like to get a new one before the swap hopefully.. their customer service hadnt been too good to me in the past though.
JrjmbYa.jpg

Summit sells paints and primers too.

OP
OP
FivepointSlow

FivepointSlow

Reaction score
Update!
Remember this car?
dpUavQE.jpg

Well after 3.5 hours on saturday and 6 hours on sunday of disassembling it is now a stripped body. Huge thanks to my friends matt and james for helping tear it apart both days and richard for helping tear it apart aswell as towing it the 40 minutes home.
TirEkNu.jpg

jUAbvUP.jpg

w3euEzc.jpg

EcHy3qt.jpg

GsAQCcv.jpg

EUXLuNJ.jpg

55rLOuv.jpg

6lFbTzH.jpg

6n5oDjr.jpg

w5nO1si.jpg

0PcQg5P.jpg

I got the body in exchange for the labor we all put into taking the car apart, but i also bought several things from him:
Trunk lid (borrowed his to stop the car from accumulating snownon the trip home)
Steering rack and power steering lines
Steering shaft, knuckle and bushings (my steering wheel clunked)
Sail panels
A pillars
Ebrake assembly (no cables)
Headliner
Sun visors
Some light
Interior a pillars
Rear interior panels (sides and deck cover)
Rear seat belts
Left rear quarter panel (to patch rust spot on fender)
Trunk interior panels

I have to return a few parts to get the title though,
the rear end, springs, shocks, hub assemblies, c&c plates and i am also returning the stock k member and a arms because i have a tubular set and id have nothing to do with the stock one...

I plan to buy a brake line kit from LMR, new ebrake cables, braided brake lines and i just bought more sound deadening material to cover pretty much every inch of the lower half of the interior from firewall to trunk.

Starting on it tomorrow as i have the day off from work. For now its sitting in the snow.. tried my best to stop it from filling with snow as it started snowing when i towed it home and continued when we got it home, got about 5 inches. Have a tarp over the doors that isnt really long enough but a car cover over that.

More updates to come! Going to wait til i get the new brake lines in to bring my old car over (doing this all at my friends, new car is there, old car is at my house)

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Nice work getting that shell! Looks like you've got some good buddies too. That'll make everything easier putting it back together, good luck and hopefully spring comes soon for us all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online