Guys wanna see a pretty basic and somewhat boring fox build????

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
So... this is what the fox world has achieved now! When a smoothed and detailed engine bay is considered basic!;):grin:

Looks like I have to step up a bit more with my fox.

Haha, nah man I say basic because the lack of horse power I'll be adding lol. Just bolt-ons like usual. Although there are a lot of shaved fox body engine bays...so yea...shave your bay asap :laughing5:

RedTwilight

Reaction score
...shave your bay asap :laughing5:

I thought about shaving it! Though the irritation and itchiness as it starts to grow back is unwanted! LOL;):p

In all seriousness though, I plan to go with a tubular front end forward of the shock towers. I'd have to cut and replace it all anyway. So I might as well try lightening it up a little too.
I'm still unsure if I'll add sheet metal to the inside of the tube front or not.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
Tore the motor down just to clean it up good and replace all the gaskets, oil pump and timing chain. I'm going to refinish everything in a gunmetal high temp paint with clear. Then I finally got the Kmember back in.

122nku9.jpg

23ubjg1.jpg

RedTwilight

Reaction score
Tore the motor down just to clean it up good and replace all the gaskets, oil pump and timing chain. I'm going to refinish everything in a gunmetal high temp paint with clear. Then I finally got the Kmember back in.

122nku9.jpg

23ubjg1.jpg

Now's the opportune time to go with a tubular K-member! ;D

Barner1

Reaction score
You're killin it (as usual) Tony! Can't wait to see this thing complete! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
Got the head gaskets, timing chain, oil pump, timing cover gasket and water pump gasket all done last night. Shimmed and torqued to spec the Proform roller rockers. Keeping the heads stock and stock cam though. Not building a race car lol. Just preventative maintenance.

nfpr9y.jpg

vdfpqu.jpg

2v0oav4.jpg

Couldn't tell you what name brand these headers are but they're a tad fatter than the stock ones. The inlets have wider openings...so I'm just going to run em :p cleaned up, flame proof paint from VHT and baked them. SVE valve covers from LMR

20trvvs.jpg

Painted the upper intake, VHT cast iron with VHT clear. Not the smoothest mold but it's good enough for me.

2cqie82.jpg

Can't wait to get rid of the ugly ass grey and brown distributor with bright yellow wires and put this msd with black ford racing wires on.

op7j0x.jpg

I'm cleaning up and prepping the engine tonight and painting it tomorrow so I'll have more updates this weekend.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
VHT flame prrof primer, VHT cast iron and VHT clear. Crappy cell phone pic does no justice came out really good.

64jchs.jpg

166yyie.jpg

lutter94

Reaction score
Please do not use that MSD coil, its junk and will leave you walking. Ask me how I know. Give it a google, they have terrible reliability.

op7j0x.jpg

95opal

Reaction score
Please do not use that MSD coil, its junk and will leave you walking. Ask me how I know. Give it a google, they have terrible reliability.

op7j0x.jpg

Agreed... Most suddenly die

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Ford motorcraft coils are most reliable and sufficient for up to 500hp.

Msd distributors are just as unreliable as their coils.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
We put MSD coils on the Trans Am, but I guess they actually care about GM stuff lol

RedTwilight

Reaction score
I've heard the MSD TFI distributors were junk but not the coil.
I've had the tfi coil on my fox for a few years now without a problem. I did just change it out for a "Screamin' Demon" coil. But the MSD was still working fine when I pulled it off.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
Small update. Ordered my wheels..may be somewhat disappointing to some as they're pretty basic but I personally have always loved these wheels. 18x9 18x10 Deep dish anthracite Cobra R's with Pirelli P Zero 255/35 and 285/35 tires. Fitment in the rears are :headbang:

2mhg3rm.jpg

2s76lgy.jpg

SVE subframe connectors and a BBK strut tower brace. Hope to help make the car a tad more rigid

2l907xh.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDTag

Members online