Guys wanna see a pretty basic and somewhat boring fox build????

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
Thought there was a non-SN95 build section somewhere but can't find it. So please move if there is...sorry :rolleyes:

Bought an 86 GT last winter. It was pretty solid but nothing I'd ever call clean or show worthy. So I admittedly through it together just to have a "cleaner" looking fox. So I wrapped it in matte garnet red vinyl, Restored the interior, threw some lame 17x9 black 4 lug 03 cobra wheels on it and called it a day lol. Here's some pics

Day 1 of owership:

72ulip.jpg

wguowg.jpg

euj1w7.jpg

xkvc60.jpg

ev5jlk.jpg

mc6rv7.jpg

You get it by now, interior was doodoo!!!

Engine bay was garbage too honestly

j7atxd.jpg

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
Onto interior restore :thumbsup:

LMR hatch carpet kit, Seat backs and door sills

2zoj829.jpg

10funwh.jpg

smyof7.jpg

1222rs4.jpg

New dash pad, radio, svo charcoal grey sem paint on dash

mhr346.jpg

Sem paint on console

2exynh1.jpg

New carpet from LMR

29ftcva.jpg

Found a set of like new seats on craigslist. Drove 2 hours one way to get them lol.

Here's the finished interior:

1hdpmt.jpg

fw13cl.jpg

2cih7wp.jpg

1z6usn.jpg

o9fj20.jpg

2psrs6h.jpg

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
Vinyl wrap, wheels and cervinis hood

2ealbwx.jpg

2hewk5j.jpg

2gua5ch.jpg

Rolled around like this all summer...looked good but wasn't up to standards at all. I planned on repainting and five lug swapping asap.

10n7sd4.jpg

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
5 Lug swap and bullitts

3008vud.jpg

11rvdqx.jpg

2wreniw.jpg

68ypvt.jpg

28alzdz.jpg

Almost decided to go wingless...even found a rust free hatch lip from a 79 with no spoiler holes and installed it. But I'm putting a new (no 3rd brake light) spoiler back on after before paint.

kd5wjs.jpg

33y4z7n.jpg

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
As of right now, the motor is out and I'm refinishing the bay...no swaps, no motor build...just tucking wires and shaving some stuff. Also fixing rot in my strut towers :deeplist:

bi2l8n.jpg

2lnk87t.jpg

Rot...sucks!! But new sheetmetal and supports all welded in...like new!

sutymh.jpg

2ltgfex.jpg

Upper Kmemeber mounting plates were even rusted...made new ones

2regky0.jpg

10qzddj.jpg

And that's how she sits at the moment. Both strut towers have all new metal welded in and grind down smooth. Getting ready to weld more holes and trim and tack weld the scott rod panels in. I'll get more updates as I get more done...wish me luck lol

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Good luck!

Eehh....you dont need luck. You gots mad skillz!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
go figure you have had 3 sets of wheels on it already :) Be VERY happy someone has taken the stock radio out already. I still twitch a little from the one I had to do because I thought all mustangs were easy. They mounted the radio in the dash, then mount the dash in the car so you can either pull the entire dash to do it right or back in the day before the plastic had all dried out you could loosen/remove some bolts and then have one person stand over the seats(it was a convertable) and flex the dash up while the other wiggles it out the back as fast as they could.... I only did one, learned my lesson and then after that would only do it with the labor paid for to remove the dash, never did another one...

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
Most people send them down the road when the strut towers are that corroded. Very cool exhibition of perseverance fuuker.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
Most people send them down the road when the strut towers are that corroded. Very cool exhibition of perseverance fuuker.

And I nearly did the same...but honestly I have $35 and about 7 hours worth of work involved with repairing it. A lot of help from my buddy who welds a little better than I do lol.

Last night I was able to get the Scott Rod panel trimmed and just a quick tack weld here and there. It will be solid stitched all the way around at some point. Filled most of the holes leaving the 2 for the proportioning valve...the bigger holes need small pieces of sheet metal cut out to fill those. Ran most of the wiring out through the fended to outter fender along with the starter solenoid. PITA let me tell ya lol

2py2mgl.jpg

212bc47.jpg

24vlau0.jpg

2dvrgx1.jpg

All the wiring and holes to run it through are just a mock-up at this point. I'll get them all cleaned up, wire loomed and something cleaner for holes.

RedTwilight

Reaction score
Is it too soon to ask what color you're going to paint the wheels next? ;) j/k.

Awesome work so far! More Foxes are welcome in my book.
Are you planning to keep it red or change up the color?

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
Is it too soon to ask what color you're going to paint the wheels next? ;) j/k.

Awesome work so far! More Foxes are welcome in my book.
Are you planning to keep it red or change up the color?
Thanks man lol. I'm thinking about silver but not 100% sure yet

dbratboy92

Reaction score
I don't quite understand the separation between the fox body and SN95 guys. I have a 78 fairmont that I turned into a mustang wagon, I have had a 79, 81, 87, 89 a 95, and I still own a 95 and a 98 the SN95 wasn't a new platform it was just improvements on the fox platform. I prefer the SN95 personally but in my mind a a 99 mustang is still a fox body.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I don't quite understand the separation between the fox body and SN95 guys. I have a 78 fairmont that I turned into a mustang wagon, I have had a 79, 81, 87, 89 a 95, and I still own a 95 and a 98 the SN95 wasn't a new platform it was just improvements on the fox platform. I prefer the SN95 personally but in my mind a a 99 mustang is still a fox body.

I have never understood it either but I don't really think its on our(sn95) end. I can't remember an SN driver that said he did not like foxes, but I have met many many fox owners that didn't like sn's. I am not sure if it is the change in style or as jealous of the improvements made to it as when the 94 style was announced I loved it from the start but I know more of a few people that did not. Said it was too soft with all the curves I remember one friend telling me. Idunno I loved the foxes and could rock one but after its long run it was due for a major restyling. I think a lot of mustang fans that hate the sn style forget that it won car of the year, sold like hot cakes and saved the mustang name from stopping production like the camaro.

dbratboy92

Reaction score
I have never understood it either but I don't really think its on our(sn95) end. I can't remember an SN driver that said he did not like foxes, but I have met many many fox owners that didn't like sn's. I am not sure if it is the change in style or as jealous of the improvements made to it as when the 94 style was announced I loved it from the start but I know more of a few people that did not. Said it was too soft with all the curves I remember one friend telling me. Idunno I loved the foxes and could rock one but after its long run it was due for a major restyling. I think a lot of mustang fans that hate the sn style forget that it won car of the year, sold like hot cakes and saved the mustang name from stopping production like the camaro.

I think it's even funnier because if I bought another fox body the first and probably only thing I would do. Since I daily drive my mustangs is take the rear axle and front spindles from a SN95 so I have 4 wheel disc brakes.

OP
OP
Tony

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
Well I've had two sn95's and this four eye. And I can say that the sn felt more sound/solid but my old man midlife crisis has always wanted my highschool dream car...a foxbody. Yes, my dream car is a 215 HP rattle box foxbody :p

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
215hp being a stretch for back then though.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have always loved the look of the hatch backs and of course anyone that is into stereos LOVES a hatch back. Like I said I could rock one.

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
I love this one! Sn95 or not. Mustang or not, build threads are the best!!!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TreeScholar

Members online