Very nice!

OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Reaction score
Re: Might as well : HELLION'S BUILD THREAD

MORE!!!

So shortly after those last pics were taken, the fenders came in, so the body was prepped by us, and the fenders, front end, and hood were painted, as well as the rest of the car, though it was painted seperately. All paint and body work, including prep, body work, paint, wet sanding, and final buffing was performed by me, my dad, and my brother. The color is Ford Sonic Blue, but with a twist. Instead of primer, we used a bright silver metallic paint as a basecoat to really make the blue pop in the sunlight.

Note: the below pics were taken right after paint, so it hadn't been wet sanded yet or buffed..

PAINTED!!!

2005_1014Racecar0021.jpg

2005_1014Racecar0023.jpg

still had the 94-95 tails at this point.

2005_1014Racecar0022.jpg

Engine bay:

2005_1014Racecar0020.jpg

here's a picture with the front end painted and assembled:

2005_1014Racecar0024.jpg

Cool picture:

photochop.jpg

There's more to come....

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score

damn man, that paint looks SO SICK!! like omg, wow. good job, ima keep track of this thread!!

OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Reaction score

Ok, nother update...

Here are some more pictures of the car after it was painted and assembled:

2005_1014Racecar0025.jpg

2005_1014Racecar0029.jpg

Interior progress:

2006_0316060005.jpg

(rear seat area)

2006_0316060006.jpg

new taillights:

2006_0316060003.jpg

Cleaning it up some:

2006_0316060001.jpg

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score

awesome build...

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

Is that moonlight blue?

looks really good.

97blackgt

Reaction score
this is an awesome build thread...keep us posted :dancing6:

OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Reaction score
Dalamar, the color is Sonic blue, but with a silver metallic basecoat.

I'll keep uploading all the pictures we have, and I'll take some more in the next week or so to show some of the further progress we've made on the car.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
where did you get your dash?
ive been lookin all over for a place that sells all oem interior parts, but i cant seem to find any. not even ebay had any last time i checked....
i need a bunch of new interior parts
the two tone black top/grey bottom

Fets

Post Whore
Reaction score
Niceeeee! I can't wait to see the vid with you vs Tad! :)

OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Reaction score
Hey, sorry it was full, But i cleared it out.

The dash actually came with the car, if you look at the first posted photo of the cage, you can see it laying down on the floor of the car.

I don't have any pictures of the engine when we first got it, but here's the story:

WE actually bought the engine well before we bought this chassis. There's a local shop in town called the Dyno Edge, and it's where most of the fast stuff in our city gets tuned/worked on. The owner of that shop was at one time building a white Fox body LX for FFW Outlaw racing, but this was way back before it was an Outlaw 10.5 class, back in like '99.

So he built this super strong, best parts money could buy kind of engine for it. Well he ended up not completing the car due to a couple of reasons, and started parting it all out. This was around like '01. Well he sold the car to a guy locally (who eventually went 7's in it) and a bunch of the other stuff, but never sold the motor.

So along came us in 2004 and we were looking for an engine to replace the stock 302 in our White fox body, which was going to be rebuilt for renegade duty in the NMRA. So we talked to John about it and he told us about this engine that Groves had. WEll we struck a deal and for 5,000 bucks we got the absolutely killer shortblck that the car has now.

specs:

R-302 block, brand new, never had anything moving inside it
SCAT Billet Steel crank
GRP aluminum rods
Ross Custom dish pistons

This is all like top quality stuff, and we got a pretty good deal on it, so we were pretty psyched. We tore it all down, and rebuilt it with new bearings (just to be sure) and blueprinted it, and had it's balance checked and all that stuff.

Once we had that buttoned up we had John make some calls and sourced a custom cam from (at that time) Pure Street dominating Rich Groh.

It's BIG...within the renegade rule limits, but BIG....

We also got some Victor Jr heads that we had ported by Advanced Airflow Engineering's Ron Sharp, considered to be one of the best SBF head porters in the country, and supposedly our heads were one of the last heads he worked on before taking a break from his shop.

The intake we already had, we had gotten it from Renegade racer Larry Prykuki (sp?) and it had been fully Extrude Hone ported.

The rest of the combo consists of this:

ProFormance Transmissions Outlaw C-4 capable of supporting 1300 hp. w/ transbrake

ProCharger F1-R blower, renegade kit with a custom impeller and a 15lb. pulley (for now)

160lb./hr. Injectors

FRPP EPEC engine control system

Pro-M 80mm Mass Air

75mm Throttle body (as per rules)

So that's our combo as of now.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
thanks for clearing it, ima send you a PM now. thanks for clearing up the dash thing, i was wondering about that.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
You need to come to Phoenix for some test and tune . . . . I'll meet ya at the track. :thumb:

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
You need to come to Phoenix for some test and tune . . . . I'll meet ya at the track. :thumb:
ill meet ya in arizona,its goin down
ill meet at the track, its goin down
anywhere you meet its garaunteed to go down....

:hammer:

OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:

I totally will man. I'm going down to the shop to take some more pictures tomorrow, and to get some stuff from Hellion.

The car just needs wiring, and the headers installed and it will be able to start and be taken to the dyno and everything. So it's getting real close. But i'm sure one of the first places we will head is over to pheonix, or Las Vegas for some PSCA action.

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Hellion94 said:
TRUUBLE said:

I totally will man. I'm going down to the shop to take some more pictures tomorrow, and to get some stuff from Hellion.

The car just needs wiring, and the headers installed and it will be able to start and be taken to the dyno and everything. So it's getting real close. But i'm sure one of the first places we will head is over to pheonix, or Las Vegas for some PSCA action.

The Phoenix PSCA race isn't until October . . .we need to line em up before then!! :pimp2:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
virocanah

Members online

No members online now.