Hellion's Build Thread

OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Reaction score
I'm not sure if Trubble PMed you, but i'll just put this out for anyone who's interested.

All blueprinting an engine means that you check and adjust tolerances in the motor.

Example: Say a manufacturers specs call for a certain amount of forward/aft play in the crankshaft. Let's say .005 " (or 5 thousandths) Maybe your engine has .008 or more. That's a lot of play. Blueprinting an engine means that all of these specs are returned to factory, or tighter than factory if those specs are loose ( which a LOT of Ford specs are) This can be done through possibly adjusting torque settings, replacing bearings, or file fitting certain parts. Usually when you rebuild an engine, you will go by certain specs, such as torque specs, and clearance tolerances. This is basically blueprinting an engine. It just means you return the engine to it's original design specs ( or blueprints...get it). It's much more complex than that, but that's the basic premise.

Hicks

Reaction score
Thanks bro!! k ill shutup!! continue with the build thread.

OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Reaction score
Thanks man, it's actually a lot further than the pictures I have posted, here's another Update:

So after making the car a roller, we focused on getting the drivetrain in, for those who don't know this is the combo:

347 , in an R302 Block
Billet steel crank
Aluminum rods
Custom forged blower pistons
Victor Jr. Heads, Ported by Advanced Airflow Engineering (Ron Sharp)
Holley Systemmax Intake, Extrude Hone ported
ProCharger F1-R Blower
ProFormance Racing Transmissions C-4

So we got some motor mounts from Jegs (solid mounts), and went to work dropping the engine into the chassis, unfortunately I don't have any pictures of that process.

At the same time, we had our custom fabbed inlet pipes out getting powder coated. So after about 2 weeks, and a LOT of work, we had this to show for it:

8.jpg

9.jpg

It's pretty crazy looking, and TALL

10.jpg

6.jpg

We also had recieved our new Kirkey race seats, and had installed those, as well as the new front carpet (the FRPP EPEC system is also visible in this shot, on the passenger side floorboard):

5.jpg

4.jpg

And we had also finished mounting up the 'chute

11.jpg

7.jpg

That's it for now, I need to get down to the shop and get some more pics of the detail type stuff, as well as our custom idler pulley setup that we fabbed. I'll do that as soon as I can.

Hicks

Reaction score
wow... will the hood clear?

Btw, um... that extra seat you got there.... you feel like taking a country boy for a 9-10 second ride?? :dancing6: :drunk:

97blackgt

Reaction score
Hicks said:

Btw, um... that extra seat you got there.... you feel like taking a country boy for a 9-10 second ride?? :dancing6: :drunk:

i think he owes all of us a 9 second ride :dunno: haha

looks good man...bring on the pics!!

Hicks

Reaction score
97blackgt said:
Hicks said:

i think he owes all of us a 9 second ride :dunno: haha

looks good man...bring on the pics!!

yea..!!! lol

OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Reaction score
I'm hoping to god that It never gives 9 second rides.....I'm hoping they'll be much faster than that ;)

Yeah it all clears. In the interior shots, you can see how tight the engine fits under the hood.

Hicks

Reaction score
Hellion94 said:
I'm hoping to god that It never gives 9 second rides.....I'm hoping they'll be much faster than that ;)

Yeah it all clears. In the second interior shot, you can see how tight the engine fits under the hood.

So... is it legal to drive with a passenger on the track?

OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Reaction score
It is, but you have to be in safety gear, and we couldn't go faster than like 13 seconds, but the first 300 feet would be a lot of fun.

Hicks

Reaction score
Hellion94 said:
It is, but you have to be in safety gear, and we couldn't go faster than like 13 seconds, but the first 300 feet would be a lot of fun.

like 13 seconds is slow??
Comon man...
why not 9 second ride?

TRUUBLE

-Never Forget-
Reaction score
Hicks said:
Comon man...
why not 9 second ride?

NHRA rules do not allow a passneger for any pass under 14.0 without a dual funny car cage in the car.

Hicks

Reaction score
TRUUBLE said:
Hicks said:
Comon man...
why not 9 second ride?

NHRA rules do not allow a passneger for any pass under 14.0 without a dual funny car cage in the car.

dang..... welp, that broke my dreams. lol... o well! Rednecks don't have a perseption of pain or consequences?

OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Reaction score
how 'bout a massive burnout and then put it on the bumper and just coast the rest of the way....

Hicks

Reaction score
Hellion94 said:
how 'bout a massive burnout and then put it on the bumper and just coast the rest of the way....

Hey you know... that would work!! could we do a 0-60? That would work for me :p

OP
OP
H

Hellion94

Reaction score
Sure, if you want the ride to last less than a second....

Hicks

Reaction score
Hellion94 said:
Sure, if you want the ride to last less than a second....

we can do it like 50 times
thats like 50 seconds :p

Hicks

Reaction score
Hellion94 said:
Hahahahahaha nice math

Well... u said less than a second..
so it would probly be around 40 seconds im sure...
:p
can it do a wheely? haha... that would rule, can you like take the wheely bar off and... walk the car down the street?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robtalbott