Help on wheels selection!

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
The DR's are a little taller, more sidewall.

You kinda can get both, it you do the adjustable shocks and then you can set the control arms for launchs or handling, but not really. How often do you go to the track though? Personally, I only go when my local car club has a fun day, and I only run for fun, so good handling is more important to me. I guess you need to decide what your goals are before you go too far.

OP
OP

96PonyGT

Reaction score
yeah, I can only see myself going to the track a couple of times a year or like you said when my club has a fun track day. I just dont want to rule it out just yet.

OP
OP

96PonyGT

Reaction score
that sucks with the bfg rubbing, do the nitto 555r rub at all does anyone know?

nesqwick_05

Reaction score
my bfgs would rub on every turn, take a bfh(big fucking hammer) and roll those fenders and run a 1/4 to 1/2 inch spacer, would be pure sexy...

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
Are you intending to run the BFG drag radial? Because KDW's don't rub...

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
interesting....I have sportlines on my car and 245s in the rear...

they definitely rub the inside of my rear fender cause they are all sliced up on the edges from it.

steedastang

Reaction score
I have the 10.5" fr500's with nitto drags. They dont rub a bit with the quad shocks ON the car. Nittos are a bit more narrow than some but you will be ok running 305's with almost any brand. I recommend going with kumho MX tires. They are a great all around ire but they only make them up to 285 for 17's. 285 will work though because its about the same width as the 10.5" rim.

Good luck,

Matt

OP
OP

96PonyGT

Reaction score
yeah? I heard that 285 on a 10.5 rim will be way too stretched to fit. id rather have some nice wide dr's. so to get the 305s or 315's on the 10.5 rim anad fit under my fender could I do it any way and not too any damage? or is there a way to make it fit properly if that makes any sense lol

OP
OP

96PonyGT

Reaction score
and what may be some other options to make it look good and not be too wide, like maybe just 17x9 all the wayaround with some 285 out back, would that rub?

steedastang

Reaction score
96PonyGT said:
yeah? I heard that 285 on a 10.5 rim will be way too stretched to fit. id rather have some nice wide dr's. so to get the 305s or 315's on the 10.5 rim anad fit under my fender could I do it any way and not too any damage? or is there a way to make it fit properly if that makes any sense lol

I forgot to mention my nitto's are 315's. no modifications to make them fit.....

OP
OP

96PonyGT

Reaction score
so steedastang, you didnt do anything? do they rub? and i heard you gotta take off the quad shock or flip it? I just dont want to buy something and have to modify it too much to make it fit

steedastang

Reaction score
96PonyGT said:

Here's a link to kumho's specs. The tread section is 11.5". Plenty of tread for a 10.5" rim.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Spec.jsp?make=Kumho&model=Ecsta+MX&tirePageLocQty=

steedastang

Reaction score
96PonyGT said:
so steedastang, you didnt do anything? do they rub? and i heard you gotta take off the quad shock or flip it? I just dont want to buy something and have to modify it too much to make it fit

i changed absolutely nothing. Only problem i have had is my exhaust rubing, but i just loosened the bolts on it and adjusted it. Trouble free since those rims first came out (over 2 years ago).

OP
OP

96PonyGT

Reaction score
cool, I hope I have as good of luck, and steedastang, you got any pic?

voidfinger

Reaction score
I thought the quad shocks were to keep down vibrations from the rear so the ride is more comfy... sorry to bring it back up.

OP
OP

96PonyGT

Reaction score
thats alright man, to be honest i have no clue what they do haha, but if I can take them off and its ok then thats fine with me

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
well, if your like me and like to take corners fast...you will most likely rub with anything...you shouldnt rub otherwise.

Ill take a picture of the chewed up outer edge of my tires if you guys would like.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
I thought the quad shocks were to keep down vibrations from the rear so the ride is more comfy... sorry to bring it back up.

Nope, to stop wheelhop in Fords cheap ass flawed Fairmont suspension.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online