home made turbo system

voidfinger

Reaction score
nice, i don't really like the idea of doing the under the k but if i can't figure a way to turn the headers around i might just have to do it. I'm kinda confused on what you mean about the intercooler side inlets??

Thomas_W

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
nice, i don't really like the idea of doing the under the k but if i can't figure a way to turn the headers around i might just have to do it. I'm kinda confused on what you mean about the intercooler side inlets??

there's no way of flipping the stock manifolds and being able to use them that way w/ the stock k member.. its just not possible. the intercooler inlet and outlet are both on the same side.

intercooler used on first setup:
intercooler.jpg

Intercooler used on current setup:
intercooler-1.jpg

voidfinger

Reaction score
so the one that has it on both sides just don't cool enough like the one that has one on either side???

Thomas_W

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
so the one that has it on both sides just don't cool enough like the one that has one on either side???

sorta.. the smaller they are normally the less HP they can support and less cooling effectiveness they have.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
god i cant wait til i get a house...i need to start searching for a decent welder. :dancing6:

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
yea, i wish i had a welder too. :)
i think that will be the first thing i buy as soon as i know that im moving into a house for sure...im pricing some out right now.

voidfinger

Reaction score
naw the first thing i'm looking into is a lift :) i have one at my parents house and that thing comes in handy :dancing6:

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
thomas i know me and you have already talked about this, so how much for you to build me a kit and install it?
i want around 500rwhp but if its above 450 i can deal with it lol

Thomas_W

Reaction score
my96gtstang said:
thomas i know me and you have already talked about this, so how much for you to build me a kit and install it?

you want it tuned to? Materials + parts are going to run around $2000-3000 depending on what kinda deals i can find. I can probly do a kit capable of 500+ rwhp for around $4000 installed and untuned.. tuning will be around another $500-700 depending on where you get it done at.

voidfinger

Reaction score
how much would you say if i was to make my own system like you had there i was asking about with the t70 instead of the gt45 and do the basic same stuff with the ebay cooler and make my own piping and stuff? just wondering

Thomas_W

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
how much would you say if i was to make my own system like you had there i was asking about with the t70 instead of the gt45 and do the basic same stuff with the ebay cooler and make my own piping and stuff? just wondering

all new parts... $2500. reason why my 2nd setup was so cheap was b/c i bought a used turbo, used wastegate and used BOV.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
my96gtstang said:
you know your motor wont take 450 HP for too long right?

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
my96gtstang said:
you know your motor wont take 450 HP for too long right?

you know its called forging your bottom end right?

voidfinger

Reaction score
naw i was laughen b/c it was a good response to that statement made. :)

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
my96gtstang said:
you know its called forging your bottom end right?
your gonna forge your motor but only look for 450-500...

that number seems kinda low to me to go through all the trouble and money to only get that much :dunno: