How many mods have you installed yourself and which ones?

97vertstang

Reaction score
DFG_Pimpin said:
dont forget the two most important things for ones toolbox, a breaker bar and some PB blaster. :hammer:
u dont need neither when u got a air compressor and an air gun, its either gonna come out or break!!!!!
i still use wd-40 though ;D

waltnono

Reaction score
5.HOE said:
DFG_Pimpin said:
dont forget the two most important things for ones toolbox, a breaker bar and some PB blaster. :hammer:
u dont need neither when u got a air compressor and an air gun, its either gonna come out or break!!!!!
i still use wd-40 though ;D

What size compressor do you have? been looking 2 a couple but not sure which one I want. Well I know which one I want but I need 220V in the garage, the 120V is a 25 gal tank and 4 h.p

97vertstang

Reaction score
to tell u the truth i have no idea, its small, my dad gave it to me since he needed a bigger one, i havent had a problem taken out nuts though. i have a crappy campbell hausfeld air gun from home depot and it works fine.

97vertstang

Reaction score
oh and i use regular sockets and havent broken one in the air gun!!!!! good luck i guess :dunno:

waltnono

Reaction score
5.HOE said:
to tell u the truth i have no idea, its small, my dad gave it to me since he needed a bigger one, i havent had a problem taken out nuts though. i have a crappy campbell hausfeld air gun from home depot and it works fine.
Is that it on the ground in the pic? WIth ur impact do you run out of air pretty quick?

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
waltnono said:
That sweat :thumb: I could use a air grinder all day with that.
too bad i dont have it anymore...as soon as i get a house, craigslist here i come to get my hands on another compressor. :D

G

GREG@SN95

I've all kinds of stuff...

all kinds of motor stuff, building, rebuilding, everything from carb to oil pan and everything in between...

Rear end work,
Body work,
Welding...

The only thing I aint never touched was anything with the computer (fuck that) and painting... But I have done some body prep...

I've restored cars and fixed cars and done a little bit on making cars go fast :)

97vertstang

Reaction score
yeah thats it, if im taking out a tire it recharges after 5 lug nuts. doesnt run out though, when theres a nut or bolt thats torqued down more than 100 ft lbs it will hesitate a little than will take it off quick. i guess if ur taking shit off like in nascar it will run out in a second but for i use it for it works just fine. saved my back from using the breaker bar so much. and it was free :banana:

waltnono

Reaction score
GREG@SN95 said:

all kinds of motor stuff, building, rebuilding, everything from carb to oil pan and everything in between...

Rear end work,
Body work,
Welding...

The only thing I aint never touched was anything with the computer (f**k that) and painting... But I have done some body prep...

I've restored cars and fixed cars and done a little bit on making cars go fast :)

I'm think'n bout taking some welding classes at the local comm.college round here

97vertstang

Reaction score
the only thing i havent done are gears , i should get some tools to try that too.i also got a cheap 3 ton cherry picker that me and my friend got for $150. it works really good. i have gotten lots of luck with cheap tools :dunno:

97vertstang

Reaction score
GREG@SN95 said:

Rear end work,
Body work,
Welding...

The only thing I aint never touched was anything with the computer (f**k that) and painting... But I have done some body prep...

i hate body work , i done it but i take out the ford tool, or "plastic filler" -cough- bondo -cough- in a hurry!!!!

G

GREG@SN95

5.HOE said:
the only thing i havent done are gears , i should get some tools to try that too.i also got a cheap 3 ton cherry picker that me and my friend got for $150. it works really good. i have gotten lots of luck with cheap tools :dunno:
I've done gears... BUT! It was on an old POS truck... so the tolerances didnt matter as much...

I wouldn't touch a daily driver OR any kind of performance vehicle

G

GREG@SN95

waltnono said:
GREG@SN95 said:

Rear end work,
Body work,
Welding...

I'm think'n bout taking some welding classes at the local comm.college round here

Its easy, I learned on my own :)

G

GREG@SN95

5.HOE said:
GREG@SN95 said:

Rear end work,
Body work,
Welding...

i hate body work , i done it but i take out the ford tool, or "plastic filler" -cough- bondo -cough- in a hurry!!!!
Yes... it can suck at times... especially when you have a car that has a much rust as metal and you have to restore it... You start to lose motivation and get lazy... lol

97vertstang

Reaction score
GREG@SN95 said:
5.HOE said:
GREG@SN95 said:

Rear end work,
Body work,
Welding...

Yes... it can suck at times... especially when you have a car that has a much rust as metal and you have to restore it... You start to lose motivation and get lazy... lol
yeah, been there

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
i want to learn how to paint....cause them i could make myself some dough, i always know someone that needs some paint work done.

Downshift

Reaction score
Shocks/Struts
Intake manifold and Throttle body
Springs
Seats
Headlights
Front control arms
X pipe
Camber Plates
Fan Switch
Painted mirrors, cowl cover, cut and pointed and painted my antenna
Few sensors, tune up stuff
Screwed up my reverse so I swapped Transmissions 4 times into 3 different cars in one weekend. :comando:

And to think I have only had the car a year lol.

19mustang95

Legend
Reaction score
oh, i forgot, i changed my intake too after it busted on me....that was really simple too, i cant wait to dig into the heads sometime soon. :bunny3:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas