OP
OP
Javi

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
Re: Window Problem 94-95 Only

d232 said:
I just did mine today. It took less than an hour to do it, and would defiantly be faster now that I've done it once. The bolts on the motor are 5/16", for those who would like to know.

going by this post 5/16, but yet, no one has been able to proof wit pics the use of nuts,instead of bushings

AHayes88

Reaction score

Arh I'll go buy both and maybe post pictures.

OP
OP
Javi

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score

AHayes88 said:
Arh I'll go buy both and maybe post pictures.

Please do post pics,im about to do mine aswell.csause some one backed into the driver side and i have to get a new door.

fordguy23

Reaction score

Great post I just did it on my 94 but used the 1/4" nuts, it works great

ryclef331

Reaction score

Great write up....haha. I'm a few months later on it but low and behold...the second I get to cali and go to drop my window to get the car off the trailer....boom. It stuck and immediately I said..."oooOOOOOh! THATS what the thread was talking about!" haha. Thanks brotha!

94silverGT

Reaction score

im going to try this with the 1/4 nuts because both my windows are messed up. Passenger doesnt work at all and the drivers needs to be pushed to get it to work (and no a/c in FL!)

Im gonna post another thread but figured id ask here too: I had my radio hooked up and it was working fine for a week or so and i hit a pothole and now i have no sound. Not a fuse that i could find, underdash or hood, didnt blow speakers, and i even tried a new head unit and it wont get sound either. Any ideas?

95GT

Reaction score

Thanks javi this was a great project for me, im new on all the working on the cars but this tutorial saved me some $$$, i didnt finish today cause it was kinda late and dark outside but 2morrow ill be installing the motor back, hope everything goes well. Thanks again man. :TY:

OP
OP
Javi

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score

im Glad, im able to Help. :)

ProKiller

Reaction score
You can use 1/4" nuts. 5/16 were too big. Here's pics with nuts.

387439371.jpg

387439369.jpg

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Man that looks crazy with the nuts in there, is that the same way the bushings you buy fit in there also? Great idea with the 1/4" nuts.

ProKiller

Reaction score
the bushings are round, but otherwise the perform the same function. no problems since the install with the nuts.

83-88T-Bird Guy

Reaction score
Great thread !
I fixed my pass. side motor last night with the 1/4 inch nuts. Works great !

Thanks Javi !

evil9t5

Reaction score
Is there any problems if i choose to run the 1/4 size nuts instead of the bushings? My window just gave out and it does not want to roll down but I can hear the motor working.

OP
OP
Javi

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
evil9t5 said:
Is there any problems if i choose to run the 1/4 size nuts instead of the bushings? My window just gave out and it does not want to roll down but I can hear the motor working.

ProKiller said:
the bushings are round, but otherwise the perform the same function. no problems since the install with the nuts.

mustangshane

Reaction score
I wonder if this will work on my wifes '03 Windstar! Her pass. motor is clicking but wont roll down or up unless bumped. The replacement for those it like $120-$130. Maybe I'll pop the door panel off and take a look tonight.

bigtomgore

Reaction score
When removing the door panel it says that the side rear view mirror cover is removed by pulling outward on it. I don`t want to break anything so I`m reluctant to pull too hard. The cover seems to be fixed. Are there any clips holding the cover on, or is it just a good interference fit?

bigtomgore

Reaction score
Belated thanks to everyone who has posted on this subject. The pictures from Javi were particularly good as were the later ones showing the nuts. My window was stuck down. I could hear a click when I operated the switch but nothing else. I have removed the inner panel with some difficulty due to the side mirror cover, (which I want to remove before re-assembly), I removed the motor and reconnected the wiring and the motor is working. Whether this is because there is no load on it or not, I`m not sure at this point. I have lifted the window to it`s upper limit and everything seems to be OK. The mechanism and runways are all secure, (no sloppyness) and the window raises and lowers smoothly by hand without any signs of something being wrong. My next step will be to refit the motor and to try it under load. If it works, great, although I still won`t know why it wouldn`t raise initially. Anyway I still need to know about the removal of the mirror inner cover. Any offers?

Reaction score
Just did this on my driver's side window motor. Awesome write-up walked me through it in about 30 minutes. Props OP! No more pushing/pulling the window up/down to holla at skanky ho's!

utmustang94

Reaction score
I went onto autozones websit eand typed in my car to see if these would fit my car and it said it would not fit. Should I just get the nuts then or use these bushings

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online