i ran a 13.02 @ 106MPH in the 1/4 im pissed

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
im not sure what i want to do right now, im enjoying no car payment and liability only insurance, but im not saving any money due to the car keeps breaking. reguardless im stuck until i find a job or i win the lottery. I maybe able to swing a terminator, but insurance will be crazy, i wouldnt mind a Mach. But i may just rebuild the tranny and then sell it. I need something more reliable thats stock

S

scarface

95KBGT said:
im not sure what i want to do right now, im enjoying no car payment and liability only insurance, but im not saving any money due to the car keeps breaking. reguardless im stuck until i find a job or i win the lottery. I maybe able to swing a terminator, but insurance will be crazy, i wouldnt mind a Mach. But i may just rebuild the tranny and then sell it. I need something more reliable thats stock
now you know exactly why I am getting the cobra. I couldnt have said it better myself.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
95KBGT said:

Mine is very reliable and paid for. If you slowly buy parts or as they break replace them your car will improve with no car payment and liability insurance. have you considered uping the boost level

S

scarface

he has more boost than his car can handle now...he cant get it to the ground.

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
scarface said:
ya, the blower i have now has the smallest pulley i can go, it supposed to be at 8psi im at 11. i could go to a different lower and make 17psi but im not ready to blow the motor just yet.

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
scarface said:

Practice his 60 are good so he needs more power 300rwhp will run barely faster than he is running now with a normal driver I see his torque numbers but you dont use down low except for lauching (getting off the line) his band should be around 4k-6k.

S

scarface

but what he is saying is he has maxed out the KB for now, his engine cant handle anymore boost.

MeanGrn Gt

Reaction score
well paul im not going to tell you to not sell it but it seems like most of your problems are fairly common ones. Seals going out of the kb, heat issues from the kb, stock t5 breaking etc. Maybe the kb just didnt really fit for what you wanted. Heads would wake that thing up and lca's would hook it up. You are putting money into you car to improve it and fix what you break, if you get a 22k loan the money will be put towards insurance and a loan payment. Just some food for thought. Id say you definately need to get a steady job before making any decisions.

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
well it all hinges on if i can scrape the money together to get a built tranny. point and simple if i still had my old job making 40K a year, i would prob allready be driving around in a FRC Vette

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
scarface said:
but what he is saying is he has maxed out the KB for now, his engine cant handle anymore boost.

I didn't get my post done before he did.

but your motor should handle a good 400rwhp w/ no problems and i was referring to the crank pulley the smaller snout causes belt slippage. heads would make a huge difference for a huge price.

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
quickstang_1994 said:
scarface said:

I didn't get my post done before he did.

but your motor should handle a good 400rwhp w/ no problems and i was referring to the crank pulley the smaller snout causes belt slippage. heads would make a huge difference for a huge price.
ha you sure i can change the lower and be safe for daily driving?

quickstang_1994

Reaction score
ok looked up your car info(others simular) they are running the same times if you have the stock gt lower intake. if you can port or change it somehow(not sure b/c kb replaces the upper intake)if you add heads the lower intake is still the restriction. most h/c/i 94-95 get around 300 at the wheels (each varies) dont jump to 17-18 just go to 14 or so. but find away to change the lower.

Z28 This

Reaction score
IF you do sell it...wanna sell the KB to me :naughty:

either way best of luck to you and just because something new doesnt mean it wont break down or give you problems

OP
OP

95KBGT

Legend
Reaction score
Z28 This said:
IF you do sell it...wanna sell the KB to me :naughty:

either way best of luck to you and just because something new doesnt mean it wont break down or give you problems
How much you willing to spend? I just dropped 1,000 on it to be rebuilt, it has a 2 3/8 pulley making 11 PSI. If you make me a resonable offer i will sell you it. Ethier that or i will sell for an aggressive Heads/Cam/Intake setup

94twinscrew

Reaction score
95KBGT said:
scarface said:
ya, the blower i have now has the smallest pulley i can go, it supposed to be at 8psi im at 11. i could go to a different lower and make 17psi but im not ready to blow the motor just yet.

1.5 compressor at 5200rpms at 11.5psi='s 18,440rpms(blower speed) optimum is 13,550rpms. Discharge temps at this range is 320*... Volumetric Eff is 44%.

.....you are already at max boost pressure for that little 1.5,all your problems stem from having it operate outside it's optimum range. You blew the old seals out because you are already over-spinning it. You can't just simply go to a different lower,and make magical 17psi.....and even if you could,you have no way of cooling the discharge temps,let alone heat spikes for not having a bypass. When you do a HCI,you'll be lucky to see 7psi with the pulley that you have on it now. Upgrade like I said earlier,I gave you the tried and true list of what to do,that blower is just too small for even a stock 5.0.....that's why every one that has had one,eventually upgraded compressors to the 2.2,and added a bypass. I've been tuning,installing, and tweeking kenne bells for over 13 years man,I wouldn't stear you wrong.....it's a tought pill to swallow,but it's the truth.

If money is tight,I would just sell the blower,and do a HCI,you'll get more fun out of the car....along with more consistant times.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Srchop16

Members online