Is my mustang a GT(s)?..

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
what makes a mustang a gt(s)....I have no power windows, only power windows and I have cloth interior all manual seats...

OP
OP
J

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
Mustang gts or 248a value?

well I just figured out that I have a Mustang 248a or GTS?...I wish It didnt have a gay wing..but it does.....anyways..since its a 96 gts and there was only 5800 made is this rare or worth any more than a normal gt?

96sohc

Reaction score
How positive are you that it is a 248 GT?
Sure its not just a completely de-optioned GT? As I was under the impression all GTS' and 248's had no spoilers.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
Do you have foglights? In 96 248A's like my car didn't have foglights, nothing power except for mirrors. Mine did come with a wing and it actually might have come with black bumper inserts but I"m not sure if that's stock or not since I bought mine used.

Dusstbuster

Reaction score
justinschmidt1 said:
what makes a mustang a gt(s)....I have no power windows, only power windows and I have cloth interior all manual seats...

You have no power windows, only power windows???? huh?

Also I too was under the impression that the GTS did NOT come with a spoiler, it was bare bones NO options (no mach460, no power anything, no spoiler...)

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I have no power nothing, no fog's, but a rear wing. I thought they quit the GTS after 95?

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
From what I understand, the GTS name was discontinued after 95. My car is that 248 whatever. It is basically a V6 mustang with the V8 in it. Mine came with a spoiler on it. Only power options are the mirrors.

Lightning Struck

Post Whore
Reaction score
you have a good racing package there, kind of like the fox LX striper car :boink:

voidfinger

Reaction score
the gts stopped in 97. As far as i know they didn't have wings but then again someone might have put a wing on it. but anyway, i really like the manual doors. thats save a good 30 pounds probably :)

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
the gts stopped in 97. As far as i know they didn't have wings but then again someone might have put a wing on it. but anyway, i really like the manual doors. thats save a good 30 pounds probably :)

I sometimes wished I had power windows. At least power passenger window.

voidfinger

Reaction score
why you want power windows? they are heavier, but if your like me that has a vert and an auto, a little more weight ain't gonna spoil your day lol. I'm already driving a 2 ton terror lol

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
why you want power windows? they are heavier, but if your like me that has a vert and an auto, a little more weight ain't gonna spoil your day lol. I'm already driving a 2 ton terror lol

I just don't like having to reach over and roll down the passenger side window. A power window there would just be a convenience.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
My car is a 248A so it is a stripper but I still have a wing. I doubt the person that had the car before me put a wing on it because the rest of the car was bone stock. I think 95 GTs's did NOT have wings but the 96 and 97 248A's DID have wings. :dunno:

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
to answer the rare factor, no it's not worth anymore money now because it's not a classic and most people really won't care that there were only 5800 made, just if it has power windows, locks, and whatnot (the luxurys)

In my opinion In 20 or 30 years people will be looking for them and when you find one it will be rare and most likely worth alot of money because of the limited production. There were over 650,000 70 chevelles made and about 60 and down were ss, even less with the 454 option , only about 15k with that option, look how much those are selling for, some didn't even have tachs or clocks or air conditioning, again it's just my opinion.

voidfinger

Reaction score
i think that they are cool since they are different, but like the dude said, it will take a while for them to be worth more.

96sohc

Reaction score
voidfinger said:

Technically it stopped in 95, 96 was the 248A.
But that'd be splitting hairs...its the same concept.

voidfinger

Reaction score
cool, i picked up a Mustang History book and they were talking about the options and they said the gts went to 97 but i guess it is just splitting hair. same thing lol

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
I bought my car new, it came off the truck and into my hands, it has a wing, and I didn't put it on, just to clarify. Mine is the 248a package also.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online