ISO vs No ISO's with Pictures

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
A lot of people wonder if it's worth the effort to take their ISO's out. My experience is that it definitely is. I have H&R Supersports so it's a very low drop but it looked like it was flat at best, most of the time looked like it was squatting slightly. I removed both top and bottom front isolators but kept all of the ones in the rear.

ALL iso's in

Background-2.jpg

NO front iso's

20080321-P3212393-Edit.jpg

Any questions just ask.

ReplicaR

Reaction score
You should have taken the pictures from the same sides. That way we could really see it. Looks like a quarter inch drop?

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
i took before and after shots of my car in the exact same location so you can see the difference.... i just need to find them and resize.

OP
OP
R

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
ReplicaR said:
You should have taken the pictures from the same sides. That way we could really see it. Looks like a quarter inch drop?

I should have but it's weird how all the pictures I took before are from the left side while all the pictures I've taken after are from the right. It dropped it almost 1/2". When I get a picture of the right side I'll update it so it's a better comparison.

Brian95SVT

Legend
Reaction score
does it ride any differently?
worse or better?
did you do the "duck tape" adder to it in replace of the ISOs?

OP
OP
R

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
my96gtstang said:
does it ride any differently?
worse or better?
did you do the "duck tape" adder to it in replace of the ISOs?

I wrapped a bit of electrical tape around the bottoms but that's it. There aren't any more squeaks than there were when the ISO's were in, however, you feel a little bit more of every bump you hit. Nothing out of the ordinary at all though.

GaryG

Reaction score
i wanna take my front iso's out when i get the car b/c i love that look, but idk if the rims would clear the fender

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I'm probably gonna pull out rear isolators when I install coilovers I've got laying around in the garage.

96GT

Reaction score
Wouldn't removing the iso's change the geometry of the suspension enough to cause a greater reaction to bumpsteer?

ReplicaR

Reaction score
Just about any kind of drop would have effect on bumpsteer effect, but if you have sportline springs, I somehow doubt that you are concerned with handling, and you'd rather have looks over that. I remember that Red said that he just wants to lower the car at this point and maybe do handling later. I'm gonna remove the isolators from the back, so it's not going to impact much anything other than bring me closer to bind. But I'm running H&R Race which is a very minimal drop high spring rate spring, so it's not gonna effect the handling much, if at all. If anything it should give me lower rear roll center and increase traction.

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
ReplicaR said:
All of the control arms are factory.

Man... i feel bad for you... I HATED the Snap Oversteer that Stock LCA Give a Mustang... Its scary.. Kinda like how a 911 rear nd will just snap and start coming out without warning.

MM LCAS made a WORLD of difference

Dalamar

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That looks NICE!

I always like a slight rake forward. :thumb:

ReplicaR

Reaction score
I don't really have any snap oversteer, but that's mostly because I did not drop the car more than an inch, which is a lot less closer to bind. The car does have a little tank slapping going on when exiting slow corners and if I'm not careful with my throttle input. I'll get lowers one of these days, but it will not be for a while. First on the list is cooling and braking.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online