Staff
Reaction score
More parts means more building!! Now gotta find more mustang rollers to build

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Dude after I get this done I might... I just picked up ANOTHER motor last night... fml. Too good a deal to pass up. Mint Cobra motor just with a spun bearing. Complete from forged crank, intake to pan to cobra cams to new alternator to coolant tubes, working IMRC box and 24lb EV6 purple injectors. $350 cash.

And I am excited to crack it open because the seller swore up and down his mechanic told him there were aftermarket rods and pistons in it. Even if stock I'll still get my forged crank for free and make way more than $350 in selling parts.

Yes its in the back of an Expedition... I can get 2 motors in there actually no problem haha. Pouring rain here so its still in the truck with my cherry picker...

But this motor is CLEAN and I get all my extra missing pullies/tensioners this way.

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Score!

you can get $350 for just the block.

I now have 3 Teksids I got for free after selling some stuff and the .020 over/deburred/line honed WAP was $300.

However if this Teksid has forged internals like the PO claimed and they are undamaged and the bores are straight enough I might just hone this one, rebuild it and off I go. Have to tear it down and see.

As for the roller idea from before...

TBTH I have more than enough parts to drop a 2V or 4V into a car in good shape with a blown motor. I might do that after I'm done with this...

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I see enough cheap rollers on craigslist that you might even make a few bucks flipping one.

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Yeah I might start doing that TBTH depending on what I can find around here.

In other news... I dunno why I didn't look, for this stuff sooner but started looking around for 99 Continentals which apparently share the same cams with the Cobra along with the heads. Found a pair locally with low miles in good shape for $100 for both AND the cams included. If the part numbers for the cams match up with a 99 Cobra... I might sell both sets of 204 duration 96-98 cams to fund some other stuff and just run the 202 duration 99 cams. Oh, and obviously run the C heads. Already have a few ppl lined up to buy my second 96-98 intake manifold which will almost pay for a Mach manifold.

Looking more... there are a LOT of 99 heads and complete motors around here for next to nothing...

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
So turns out 99/01 cams are 200 on the duration. Going to go with the best cams probably in the 96-98 cams. And hope I can get $200 for a real low mileage set of F6ZE B heads but I doubt it. Also got a brand new looking Mach intake lined up as soon as I sell my other B head Cobra intake.

Going to look at those Conti heads friday. Maybe see how much my local porter would charge for a little short turn work which is where the unrevised heads need help. I can do the lapping and cleaning myself. Not paying someone to lap 32 valves when I can do it in an afternoon with a 6 pack and Rhapsody going on le garage stereo.

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score

C heads for sheezy. $107 with tax for 99/01 castings, COP valve covers, COP covers, 99 cams and I'm going to assume there are 4V COPs under there. I needed the valve covers and COP covers anyway which makes the C heads and cams "free" plus if there are coils under there that's $75 shipped for those.

Also found a blown 96 Cobra motor for $350. Once I sell the block, heads, cams, intake and misc pieces I don't need that's $$$ back on top of getting the forged crank I wanted.

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Busting down the Cobra tomorrow. Might have a buyer for the block and the intake too. And the cams... Have half a mind to run the 99 Cobra cams I got free at 202 duration vs the $200 for the 96-98 cams I can get.

And I got my 42k mile C heads today via a running 2000 Continental motor for $200. Have the internals sold already for the price I paid, it has coils in it too for another $75, I'm keeping the covers/cop covers which saves $100 and I'm wondering how much the aluminum block would bring at a scrapper since its a fwd block and not really worth anything besides that. At any rate, this is yet another good local deal. I just have to sell all my big stuff before buying anything else...

Going to inspect them and clean them and leak check them with penetrating oil. If they pass, I'm going to throw Brian Tooley springs on them and run them as is.

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
I sold the first 2 and made $700 in the process. Hoping to make at least that on these 2 I have now and then I have my 2V stuff to sell as well. These 2 motors will not be here long. I need them both the hell out of the way so I can finally FINALLY yank my blown 2V and get this shit in gear.

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Only way I will ever have a set of those is if I happen to find a really nice 96-98 with a blown motor for dirt cheap and put a running motor into it and flip it. I'm about done buying up motors I think until I am done with this car unless I see a screaming good deal on an 05 Aviator engine.

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Screw it, sick of waiting to get this on the road for a build when my input shaft wont take much more than 450rwhp anyway. Going to drop this 42k mile sucker in, find some Termi 39s and put a BAP in. Also going to swap in the 96-98 intake cams and degree them.

Yes it's a FWD block I know. Got an adapter plate for $100 on the Corral. Going to get it copied before I put it in so I can do this again on any potential flips in the future. I can get 99 Conti motors all day for $400 and those are the ones to get as they share 202 duration intake cams with the Cobra.

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Woot sold one of the sets of 96-98 cams. My spare teksid is tentatively for $350. Going to use the set of 99 cams in this Continental motor.

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Got the adapter today. Looks legit. Going to take it to my local shop and see how much a copy would be.

Also have my Teksid tentatively sold for $350. Almost ready to start getting it all together.

OP
OP
S

ScottyDsntKnow

Reaction score
Sold Teksid for $300. Made $400 on that Cobra. Problem is the spun bearing gouged the crank but it looks like it can be turned. Depending on how much that is I'll sell it as fixable or get it turned.

Getting ready to finally pull the 2V and get this show on the road. Goal is 450whp and a 6800 rpm red line on the stock internals and enjoy it while I accumulate parts on the side for a real big power build.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online