Livernois kit or no

justinschmidt1

Post Whore
Reaction score
yea....JR will tell ya!

no bolt ons!

save the money for turbo,blown,nitrous...suspension.

stuff that actually improves performance haha

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
voidfinger said:
DropTopPony said:
J.R. said:
I know, because I got 15 rwhp untuned also, pretty much everyone does, so really, it would seem to be your car that's wierd

Exactly, 13-18 rwhp is the norm for the 100's who have done it. I know of 2 people who picked up less and even then how can you be sure the numbers are accurate unless it was a before and after swap on the same dyno on the same day.

It was, the shop owner let me use his shop for the day so i wouldn't have to drive it back home... and we let it sit till about 6ish when they were about to close to let the sylicone dry some and then we ran it again... thats when the o2 failed and i went and got 2 more from advance... 140 dollars and then we ran it again. Maybe there's something in the computer since the 98's had revised tuning and more exaust side flow on the heads? who knows, maybe the 4v will be better lol

So you are saying that a shop put your PI intake on your car and screwed it up. Then you changed your O2 sensors and was still reading only 6 hp gain? Seems pretty suspicious that the shop knew what they were doing because I know several people personally that changed the npi intake to pi intake gained a considerable amount. Are you 100% positive that they put a pi intake on your car and not an npi intake?

boss281

Reaction score
J.R. said:
I ran around without a kit for like two year's, RTV and no issues. BTW, the magazone test (for what that's worth) of the Livernois kit picked up 27 rwhp tuned,

What mag, how long ago, etc? I wonder if the article is still available on line. I want to get this kit and some PI cams...

John

voidfinger

Reaction score
jfor441 said:
voidfinger said:
DropTopPony said:
J.R. said:
I know, because I got 15 rwhp untuned also, pretty much everyone does, so really, it would seem to be your car that's wierd

Exactly, 13-18 rwhp is the norm for the 100's who have done it. I know of 2 people who picked up less and even then how can you be sure the numbers are accurate unless it was a before and after swap on the same dyno on the same day.

It was, the shop owner let me use his shop for the day so i wouldn't have to drive it back home... and we let it sit till about 6ish when they were about to close to let the sylicone dry some and then we ran it again... thats when the o2 failed and i went and got 2 more from advance... 140 dollars and then we ran it again. Maybe there's something in the computer since the 98's had revised tuning and more exaust side flow on the heads? who knows, maybe the 4v will be better lol

So you are saying that a shop put your PI intake on your car and screwed it up. Then you changed your O2 sensors and was still reading only 6 hp gain? Seems pretty suspicious that the shop knew what they were doing because I know several people personally that changed the npi intake to pi intake gained a considerable amount. Are you 100% positive that they put a pi intake on your car and not an npi intake?

nope you got it wrong. I did the swap and i didn't do it wrong. Everythings strait, nothing wrong with the swap. But hey its whatever... people can get dyno's to say what they want them to say. And as for the npi or pi? i've been messing with this thing since 01... please don't take me for stupid...

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
The people who dyno'd my car had absolutely no reason to make it lie, they had nothing riding on it but the 50 I paid them for pulls. And it was a car club outing, so I watched about 20 other cars get dyno'd, including a intake/cams NPI car that made 220, a bolt on Mach 1 at 305, etc etc, everyone fell right in line.

There's something wrong with your car dude. Or that dyno.

voidfinger

Reaction score
lol yea i saw some other cars on the dyno and they fell right in line too. a 4.6 stock mustang with 5 speed making 172, and a 4.6 stock car with catback and auto making 168 and towncar with 4.6 making 164. A 98 camaro with 6 speed and mod's making 32X and some other ones... my car fell right in line lol with 179 rwhp before intake with all my mod's o/r macprochamber and catback and then 185 rwhp after lol. Also, with the other's around it fall's right in line with all the other mustang dyno's in the area. So o well

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
boss281 said:
J.R. said:
I ran around without a kit for like two year's, RTV and no issues. BTW, the magazone test (for what that's worth) of the Livernois kit picked up 27 rwhp tuned,

What mag, how long ago, etc? I wonder if the article is still available on line. I want to get this kit and some PI cams...

John

Shoot me an email and i'll send you the article.

Droptoppony @ yahoo.com

jfor441

Legend
Reaction score
My car right now is stock NPI motor with K&N filter, magnaflow xpipe and flowmaster 40 mufflers and I dynoed on a Dyno Dynamics dyno at 177 HP at the wheels. So something is wrong there only picking up 6 HP with a PI intake.

voidfinger

Reaction score
well i'm not gonna worry about it b/c there's nothing wrong with my car.

thats what my car did with npi stock with pi intake , mac prochamber, mac catback 178/9 rwhp threw a auto. with the pi intake on it did 185 RWHP and lost torque.

firstonraceday

Reaction score
I would be a little skeptical.... They claim to have modified the intake to fit under a stock hood. What did they do smush it down? lol Mine fit perfectly under a stock hood.

Red96GT

Legend
Reaction score
firstonraceday said:
I would be a little skeptical.... They claim to have modified the intake to fit under a stock hood. What did they do smush it down? lol Mine fit perfectly under a stock hood.

They use adapter plates so no RTV is needed which increases the height of the intake. The plenum sits differently inset on the intake is how I read their description.

DropTopPony

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
firstonraceday said:

They shave the Intake alittle...i believe some from the top where the plenum connects and some from the bottom. No big deal, it doesn't effect anything even the injector spray pattern isn't effected.

OP
OP
B

bleau

Reaction score
These guys are basically down the street from me.
I think I will stop in and have a peek at it.

Jrgunn5150

Post Whore
Reaction score
firstonraceday said:

They milled it to fit with the adapter plates, i swear I already said this in this thread.

Reaction score

voidfinger

Reaction score
hmmm... wow thats nice... now is that a pi intake with npi ports??? can someone verify this?

Reaction score
void its a pi intake with the sensor already tapped it's modified to bolt straight on our npi heads, everythings included.

voidfinger

Reaction score
the ports though, isn't that the npi port shape? b/c i have the pi intake on the car with the rvt method but i'm interested in this right here... looks nice but is that the npi ports... i can't remember but the pi ports looked like trapazoid shaped.

DFG_magic

Reaction score
voidfinger said:
DropTopPony said:
J.R. said:

Maybe dynoing your car with a P1000 was not the best idea? If you disconnected your battery before the 02 sensor install I don't think your numbers are accurate.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgarR213

Members online

No members online now.