Lowering Spring / Shock Install

Discussion in 'Suspension and Brakes' started by redriderjf87, Feb 2, 2014.

1. redriderjf87

redriderjf87 New Member

[​IMG]Update - Finally got everything installed after laboring all weekend, overall very happy so far. Interestingly the rears only dropped about 0.5" (with poly iso's) but a full 2" on the front (no iso's, wrapped the springs in rubber electrical tape). Even considering the iso's, it seems the fronts dropped it a good bit more with the rears. I'm thinking after swapping out the iso on the back, it should be about perfect with a little bit of rake. Thanks yall for the help, I feel a little bit smarter about this than I did a month ago :)

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Win

Win Legend

Take the Isos out of the rear. I think you'll like it better

3. ElrodKTPQ_89

ElrodKTPQ_89 Legend

Car looks good! Looks like the back does still need to come down a bit but still looks decent. What springs did you use?

4. redriderjf87

redriderjf87 New Member

Thanks, it's the Eibach Pro Kit mainly because I got the shocks at the same time and knew they would go together. I was ready to be disappointed after doing the back and not seeing much change, but the front was the main problem on my car, so I think taking the iso's out of the back should be sufficient. Will update when I get the rear done (hopefully this week).

5. Burninriverdiver

Burninriverdiver Well-Known Member

Glad to see it together, when I did mine I wasn't happy with the drop till the isos were out. Without the isos and just electric tape, it doesn't make any noise surprisingly.

6. redriderjf87

redriderjf87 New Member

So far so good with the rubber tape, glad I took the iso's out of the back for rubber tape, no squeaks. I'm officially happy :) And yes, it's really dirty lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]