Misfiring issues

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
Well I have replaced the issues found. And basically most of the time it idles fine sometimes it doesn't but mostly it does it revs up fine not under load and it only misses or feels like it's not firing all cylinders in low rpms so highway sucks bc it will have full power then bog down then all the sudden power comes back. If I'm running it hard it's fine bc it's over 2500 rpms it seems like it only does it under 2500. When I took it to the shop it had fine fuel pressure. The thing that caused the misfire in cylinders 1 2 3 was the faulty coil pack. Once I fixed that it rarely sends misfire codes. It sometimes will send random misfire code.

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Have a compression test done. I have a feeling that your issues are a little larger than what we're troubleshooting here.

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
Well guys I'm not sure why this would have caused my problem but u changed my oil and now it runs fine. I put 10w 30 in this time instead of the standard 5w so I'm a little shocked that this caused the problem but has anyone ever heard of a car running like mine did bc of old oil or so something like that?

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
I have never heard of that on a gas vehicle. Weird.

How many miles have u put on it since the oil change

THE D3V

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
I don't understand it either but I mean I swear I changed the oil and now it runs great. And I've put about 100 on it since the change

OP
OP
J

joshuaw3

Reaction score
But it was pretty much instant like I did the oil chsnge at a friends and drove him and it didnt do any of the issues I had

DeepList

Administrator
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Doing an oil change is going to change any factors that cause a misfire condition.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alleghenyamerican

Members online