My Black Beauty

Witzy0070

Reaction score
I figured I would start a build thread for view pleasure and reference. But I will first start with a little bit of information on my car...

• Balanced and blueprinted short block with forged crankshaft.
  • Forged pistons and rods. APR main studs, APR rod bolts, APR head studs
  • Aeromotive fuel rails and pressure regulator. 42 lb. Ford Racing injectors. SCT 2800 MAF, Anderson power pipe, 3.12 pulley.
  • Vortec V Trim Ford Racing headers, full 3 inch exhaust. Fluidyn aluminum radiator, electric fan Flex-a-lite control module.
  • T-45 5-speed transmission with 5.0 short throw shifter.
  • Aluminum driveshaft and Lakewood driveshaft loop.
  • Torsen racing 8.8 rear differential with 3:73 gears and Moser 31s
  • Griggs racing suspension with torque arm and panhard bar. Subframe connectors, tubular k frame and control arms. Koni adjustable coil overs, bump steer kit. Maximum Motorsports camber plates.
  • Saleen big brakes and Saleen calipers. Saleen drilled rotors and braided brake lines.
  • Zex 75 shot nitrous kit with window switch
  • Fully modified custom audio set up with molded doors
  • All LED and HID lighting

OP
OP
Witzy0070

Witzy0070

Reaction score
Some pics of when I bought the car...

IMAG0306_zps0950ce22.jpg

IMAG0307_zpsc6eed6cb.jpg

OP
OP
Witzy0070

Witzy0070

Reaction score
To do list as of right now...

Repaint my Saleen big brakes black with the yellow lettering, replace the passenger wheel well plastic(rubbing), get the car lowered a bit more flush next Tuesday, replace a spinning rear lug nut stud, change the oil change with over 10 qts of Mobil One, and new synthetic rear differential fluid.

AND get my dyno on April 11th! Looking really forward to this! Numbers predicted with no nitrous are 460 RWHP and 400 RWT. With nitrous 570 RWHP and 500 RWT.

Oh yeah, and new pics.

DavidBoren

Reaction score
Super clean car. And that dyno sheet shows an amazingly linear power curve, I bet it drives like a dream. Full griggs suspension, too. Nice.

OP
OP
Witzy0070

Witzy0070

Reaction score
Super clean car. And that dyno sheet shows an amazingly linear power curve, I bet it drives like a dream. Full griggs suspension, too. Nice.

Thanks always enthusiastic David Boren! It's smooth, but I miss the 5.0 torque. Going to try and squeeze more out. The car with the suspension set up is amazing. So easy to predict the cars movement, feels tight and throwing the ass end out is incredibly simple and predictable.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Great looking car, with nice numbers to back it up! Looking forward to more updates and photos

OP
OP
Witzy0070

Witzy0070

Reaction score
Supercharger failure.

I am going to send it to Vortech on Monday. I was able to pull 465 RWHP and 395 TQ from a boosted only tune. Supercharger impeller began to get too much play and my charger started to sound like a can full of marbles.

Car is going to shop on Monday for supercharger rebuild and 4.30 gears. My tuner is going to give me a free dyno pull on my nitrous tune (he already made one). Car repairs should take a week or two. Should be able to get the nitrous pull within the month. Sorry gentlemen, car had other plans. That other post I made a few days ago pertaining to the noise in my engine bay bit me in the ass. Jumped the gun.

Car made torque past 6000 RPM.

OP
OP
Witzy0070

Witzy0070

Reaction score
Supercharger sent off for full rebuild. In shop getting 4.30 gears and secondary fuel pump.

OP
OP
Witzy0070

Witzy0070

Reaction score
20150421_124159_zpsxuuew64k.jpg

Got the gears today from Summit. Getting them installed professionally. I get my supercharger back from Jon Bond this Thursday. Then the car should be back on the road in a few days.

OP
OP
Witzy0070

Witzy0070

Reaction score
Got my supercharger rebuilt back from Jon Bond Performance, a 5/5 company with outstanding communication. Absolutely recommend them! Turn around was under a week, they sent back all the old parts to prove work, packing was really good.

20150423_111149_zps48a3gg3c.jpg

OP
OP
Witzy0070

Witzy0070

Reaction score
Should get the mustang back on the road here in a day or two. Got a few things to do before a meet. Going to be putting in new seats, foot pedals, tach relocation, and shift knob. In the mean time I got a new ride. 2006 Buick Lucerne CSX with 88k miles. Every option down to factory remote start and heated and cooled seats. Cruises at 90 MPH at 2k RPMs and purrs. Love it.

buick%201_zpssg0jhr0u.jpg

buick%202_zpswmxpjyis.jpg

buick%203_zps0gpgeyvs.jpg

It has IRS and my mustang doesn't...

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Nice Buick! Those cars are extremely comfortable... Good choice on a daily. Looking forward to seeing the interior work on the mustang

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online