My car's makeover, Danny f'ing done!! Finally.

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
I took her in on 10/6; My cousin teaches @ a Vo-Tech in Duncan, OK He is having 2 of his 2nd year students work on it; I think they are doing a great job on it These are from 10/22:
DSC02379.jpg

DSC02378.jpg

DSC02381.jpg

They were making great progress I saw it again on 11/4
DSC02408.jpg

DSC02411.jpg

I bought a '96 Cobra hood off of Ebay It was not in very good shape Josh, my cousin, said the paint was cracked or something 2 of the corners were cracked & splitting apart Here's work done on it:
DSC02414.jpg

DSC02415.jpg

I went to see it today, 11/17 The hood is on Josh says they need to get the gaps right though
DSC02435.jpg

DSC02436.jpg

They are now working on my ABC Cobra front bumper & my GT rear bumper That hood has kept them on it a lot longer than he hoped for As soon as they get the hood & bumper lined out, he says it should really come together! To me, it looks a lot better!! I'm very happy with the work they are doing!! Hope y'all like!!

chuxstang

Reaction score
Re: My car's makeover...

are you repainting it the stock color?? looks like good work so far, i hate body work..

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score

Dang, I forget to put this every time!!! Yes, I'm going back to my Laser Red! I bet it does suck!

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score

No thank you, I HATE that red!! That's loser-sooner red, to me. My Laser Red walks a very fine line though, just right though!

ram360

Reaction score

progress looks good so far

BlackMachDown

Reaction score

looks great, i eagerly await your finished project!

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score

Thanks guys!! I sure cannot wait to get her back. It is a slow process, but I knew this coming in. They are doing a great job!!

CruizinKev

Reaction score

sweet man!!!! looks good so far!

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

Looks good. I need to take the time to sand down my whole car, but I don't really know how... so I'm a little worried to do it.

Sounds like you've got a pretty good deal with your cousin.

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score

Great deal! I'm not supposed to say how much though.

The night I bought my car, I was back where I live now! I lived in OKC, but we still had the house here. It is a tiny town with only a DQ! I that night started working on my wish list of mods. I always loved Mustangs, so I knew some ideas off of my head! #1 item was to be painted by my cousin! Where it is right now, he teaches @. He is not doing most of the body work, but he would not have before. I have asked him to put the Laser Red on it. He taught the 2 kids that are doing the body work on it. They will lay on the 1st stages of the paint process. I'm very happy with turning them loose on it. Josh tells me this is the biggest project they have ever had! This I think is his 2nd year, maybe 3rd. I just have a lot of extra small things I want done to mine.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score

Yea I know what you mean. I wish I just had someone around here that could teach me enough to get it sanded down and primered so I could save myself a couple grand. Bodywork is outrageous now. From a very very reputable and nice shop, I was estimated $3500 for them to strip it, fix the little dents and dings and paint it again. I had another shop give me an estimate of like $900 to get the bumper ready for paint, and spray the whole car white. I thought about it, but it really and truly needs to be stripped but I can't bring my self to pay as much for paint as what I paid for the entire car.

Good luck, you're car is gonna be niiice when it comes out of paint.

xr8d302

Reaction score

My god, that reminds me so much of the state of my car just over a year and a half ago

DSCI0024.jpg

it hurt to watch, but the finished product is worth it

Good luck!!!

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score

Yeah, it does look like yours! It does not bug me the tiniest bit to see the way it is now though! It finally seems like it's going to happen! Before now, something could always happen. I trust my cousin's work is most of it. He knows how crazy I am over my car, it'll come out nice.

That pic you posted is further along than mine is right now! Once they get the hood finished, they will sand the rest of my car. Thanks for that pic!

xr8d302

Reaction score

Oh no problem! I haven't pic whored in a long time anyway (my car's painted, but not finished)

Can't wait to see your finished product!!!

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score

I never said mine was going to be finished. I want to add new side skirts on down the line. I just could not afford them when I took her in. Now that you can match the paint, I can add them later on. I still will have @ least another $1335 in charges to swap out some if my interior to black. Then I have $653 in audio stuff on hold for me. I had to push it back a month. It will just be closer to being finished. I hope it's never really stopped though. I see what you mean though! I can't wait!!!!

xr8d302

Reaction score

haha, i too have a set of side skirts that I bought not too long ago for my side exit, so they have to be shot with the same grey color, as well as some other pretty cool peices I've added

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score

I have not yet even begin to think about skirts. I will be changing out a lot of my interior stuff, so that's what I have been looking @.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peasant99

Members online

No members online now.