My car's makeover, Danny f'ing done!! Finally.

xr8d302

Reaction score
Re: My car's makeover...

What are you doign with your interior? or is this a big secret?

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score

Not @ all! I just didn't think that far ahead! I still want to keep my paint scheme one though, @ least until they start it.

I'm having a new black conv top put on.
I will then have black carpet laid.
I want Hunsaker seats. I will buy in all black, I'll see if my upholstery shop can add in the right shade of saddle/tan inserts.
I want to have them in 2 tone because I really like that color, and so I can leave my doors/dash the same.
I will then see if they can dye my light bar to black.

I'm getting a RSD for Xmas, I'll get that in black.

My paint scheme will just look better with the black top. I just want to tie it all together. I cannot afford to go crazy with it all.
I can just do 1 of these per month. It may take longer than I would like, can't help that though.

I already said when I get my car back, it will be like another car. Really if I can get this done to it.

xr8d302

Reaction score

well hey, if you need any help with your RSD, let me know. I built a custom one a few years ago that alot of people seemed to like

HPIM2437.jpg

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score

Ahem.... can i suggest that if your thinking about changing some of the tan to black, try dyeing it with the duplicolor stuff. It works really nice and would probably save you some of your $1335

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score

xr8d302, 1st off. I am not even smart enough to consider making one myself now!! Yours looks how I want mine to look eventually though!! Yours just looks very nice! Since it is not even something to discuss, I've looked into buying them.

95_5.0@15, now to you. I already had it done to replace my carpet, buy new front seats, and get the RSD. I am looking to use whatever the shop uses to dye my light bar. I want to keep most of my saddle the same color though. I just think it would look better with a black light bar. I really like the look of the saddle!!

Again, I will gladly pay to have this done as well! I can barely work a screwdriver in my house. I'm so bad, I will not even try around my car's paint and stuff!

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score

I have that very pic saved in my 'What I Want' folder! I want those exact seats though! They don't make that design now.

I looked @ this one:
arizen.jpg

I can afford to buy Hunsaker's in 1 month! I'm not very good @ saving up for more than that! There's too much out there to buy while saving!

It boils down to I know these are comfortable by Scarface had them, they're in my budget, so that's I've been looking to buy. I'll just have my upholstery shop add in the tan inserts. Maybe can insert my dream goal in place of this!

I live in the town of the only American made baseball glove, Nokona Athletics! I want the inserts to made out of glove leather!! I used only their gloves for all of the 18 years in which I played baseball/softball once I got out of school!

94darkhorse

Legend
Reaction score

They don't make those seat anymore? I'm disappointed. You live where Nokona gloves are made, thats pretty cool. Some very well made gloves, if I played any baseball I pry would have used them.

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score

That is what I took from their reply.  Here it was in it's entirety:

Eli,

We have a couple of frames left for that style seat but have had a few requests recently for them. The saddle color does not come in a suede. It is available in simulated leather (vinyl) or leather. Pricing for seats would be as described on the link below.

http://www.arizenracingsports.com/custom_automotive_interiors.htm

Mark

Again, I am not very smart.  See ya!!

Oh yeah, I live in Nocona, TX. There's a reason for why it's spelled differently, I forgot it though. They are the best gloves made. I have an in when I buy them because I have used only them, plus I have brought them like over a 100 sales. For my last baseball glove, I bought the grandson's glove. It was one they made for the public, just have extras on it. Their 1st factory burnt to the ground on '06, I think! They got the computers & and the old stuff out though. They moved to where Nocona cowbot boots used to be made. Going strong now!

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score

I just saw it. It's still in the overall shape as it was last week when I saw it. They have made huge progress on my bumpers, though! I think they are ready for primer, maybe. They are all in a white color. Last week, they showed where work was being done on them. It looked great to me!!!

Willis_98GT

Reaction score

1STOF3 said:
xr8d302, 1st off. I am not even smart enough to consider making one myself now!! Yours looks how I want mine to look eventually though!! Yours just looks very nice! Since it is not even something to discuss, I've looked into buying them.

95_5.0@15, now to you. I already had it done to replace my carpet, buy new front seats, and get the RSD. I am looking to use whatever the shop uses to dye my light bar. I want to keep most of my saddle the same color though. I just think it would look better with a black light bar. I really like the look of the saddle!!

Again, I will gladly pay to have this done as well! I can barely work a screwdriver in my house. I'm so bad, I will not even try around my car's paint and stuff!

bro i'll help you out with alot of this stuff if you want, and i live in keller... lol, the interior work is easy man. we just have to find a nice sunny day to dry the paint coats..

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score

Thanks!! I've already nixed that RSD & subs plan though! Once I learned it did not happen w/convertibles, that is! I know I'm kinda slow, sorry for this. Can you explain the after the comma type you typed? If that was about dyeing my light bar, I have an upholstery shop I like to handle this stuff. It's much easier, not to mention smarter for me to use. Off the top of my head, I've heard of Keller! I have no idea where you are though! I will look as soon as I'm done though. Thanks again though!!!

I was thinking you were about 1-2 hrs south of Dallas, that's why I try not to think!

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score

I've gone back to my original plan. I will now have the stuff painted in black, instead of charcoal. I think this will look much better with my new black conv top!

Kinda easier anyhow. I will buy new Saleen rims. With the charcoal color, I would have to have these painted. Then I could mount them! This way, they can stay in black, which I was going to order them anyhow!

BlackMachDown

Reaction score

any new pictures from the bodyshop?

I bet your super anxious to get the car back

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score

I have not been back since 11/24/08. Josh said it would not change much 'til after the Thanksgiving break. I was doing my Xmas shopping and could not go on 12/1. I'll try to go on the 8th.

My feelings are kind of messed up. I'm not missing it really because I know it is in very good hands! My cousin knows how much I love that car & how I, not know about it, but I know what's right. Hard for my to find the words to explain myself. He knows how very anal-retentive I am, too!! I just know it will come back looking pretty sweet. It's OK 'til then. It might be gone for maybe 1-2 extra weeks because that hood I bought needed so much work to it! It's fine. Just gives me more time to save up $. I'm not really missing her, too much.

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
Re: My car's makeover, UPDATE 12/11!!

Josh said he will not have it finished my his Xmas break. It will be in Jan of '09 now. That hood I bought was an extra week in getting ready. Plus he has 2 kids working on mine, that's all the 2nd year students he has. 1 has been out for like a week, sick I'm guessing. It's no big deal to me, at all!! That just gives me more time to save up some $. I know she is locked up safe, that's all I can ask for!!

reduceallpain

Reaction score

I'm glad your lookin at it like that!! It will be well worth the wait you and know it!!

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score

I am very screwed up in the head! My car is my #2 dream in my life. I have a therapists nightmare worth of personal problems, trust me! I am totally OK with where my car is now. That is how talented I know my cousin is though! I know that he will get it done so it's perfect! I have huge trust issues in life now!! I completely trust my car being gone, today marks day #65!! If it was my #1, I would not be this easy going!! I know that it is locked up where no one can jack with it @ night, that's all I really care about!

I still need to come up with $680 for more goodies though! Like I said, it just gives me more time to save it up! Give me 'til 1/28, it will look totally different, yet again!! I may even need to start a new Intro post!!

Thanks though!!

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
Re: My car's makeover, UPDATE 1/13!

Went to take all of the parts I have bought, got for Xmas to it today!

Uh, while I was gone today I got my FR500 steering wheel!! It looks sweet as hell!!

Back to my car, it looked exactly the same. When I got to Josh's shop, he was not there! I saw it & got kind of discouraged! I saw what I thought my hood in the paint booth though. My car is in the same place, no surprise there though! I did see my bumpers & skirts were all ready for the paint. I saw just that they were working on it.

I sent Josh a text message to tell him I was there. He came right over. Right off the bat he started in about them knocking the small stuff out. I thought that was true. He says that they will paint my bumpers, skirts, and my 281 wing over the next 2 days! After they get that done, they will pull my car in the booth! He hopes to have it finished in 2 weeks. That's if everything goes great. When has my stuff ever gone right, though? I think it will be about a month!

That hood I saw was mine! They have painted the underside of it! It looks 1000% different than the old paint on my car looks! It is going to be better than I imagined!!

Looked overall great, after I talked to my cousin. Like always, he is coming through! See ya!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Devin72

Members online