My car's makeover, Danny f'ing done!! Finally.

dafizuck

Reaction score
Re: My car's makeover, UPDATE 1/13!

Going to look sick with all that stuff going on. Anxious to see it.

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score

I've seen pics of correct Laser Red cars. That never really sunk in, I guess. It did not even look like the same color! When I bought my car, I was kind of hesitant about the color. Over the years I have warmed up to it, mainly after seeing Matt's! I will be happy as hell with it after I get her back. I am just too stupid & did not get a pic of that!! I'll try to go next Monday though. A lot might be painted by then, I hope. I just had no idea of that paint!! Extremely happy now!!!

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score

Huh, I cut & pasted from a pic of what mine will be, to what it is now! Hope that once you see the pic, that makes some sense! All I have & know how to use is good ole MS Paint! Worked OK though!
2sideborla3.jpg

CruizinKev

Reaction score

sounds sweet man! cant wait to see it done :thumbsup:

Reaction score

very cool....I remember the days of seeing mine stripped down and sanded. Kinda hurts your feelings a little. But wait until you see the finished product. Definately makes it all worth while.

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score

No, I had just the opposite feeling about it! That meant to me that it was finally getting done! I have wanted to do this for since I bought the car on 8/3/03. I just never could make up my mind on what I wanted to do! It's all coming together now though! Today marks day #100 it has been gone, I think. I do not really miss it at all. I just know it will be sweet when she comes back.

Thanks guys & girls!!!

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
Re: My car's makeover, UPDATE 1/20

Went to see it today! It still looks the same, but they were trying to paint both my bumpers today though. They had them in the paint booth ready to lay some paint on them. The kids noticed some places that were not good, sorry went blank! They are working on them again. I tried to take a pic of the underside of my hood. It has the new paint on it. The lights were behind my car, so it did not show up like it really is! I then tried one with the flash, went way bad. Justin Schmidt tinted my tails & reflectors. They look great!! Now, they just need to repaint them! Here's pics I got today!
Here's my painter!!
bellyhood.jpg

bellyhood2.jpg

Flash on:
flashon.jpg

lightsreflectors.jpg

He hopes to try to get my bumpers in to be painted, as soon as they are ready! Looks great to me!

ARdoller

-Never Forget-
Reaction score

you putting a black top on it too?

ram360

Reaction score

looks good...once they start laying down some color it will go quick....prep takes forever.

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score

Thanks!! I still can't comprehend how this paint will look good, for life! I know it's true because Josh knows his stuff! Just hard to believe when I took a well-aged painted car in to him! He thought he would have the bumpers painted today when I came in. Oh well though! He said it should be 2 weeks away, if everything goes perfect! I was thinking about a month though. In thinking that, 3 more weeks!

He is not sure how to replace 3 things, I'll start up a new thread asking if y'all have any advice.
http://sn95forums.com/index.php?topic=33708.0#new

CruizinKev

Reaction score

sweet thats looking good! :thumbsup: ..cant wait to get mine repainted :headbang:

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score

Josh called me this morning! He needed to lower my conv top to replace those well molding pieces! He did say they must replace these before they paint it. I'm going to go see it tomorrow! It really seems like it won't be long now!

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score
Re: My car's makeover, UPDATE 2/6

I just got home from seeing it!  It's starting to look like a car now.  Not  just pieces!  They have painted the front bumper, rear bumper, & the skirts!  I was standing on a chair and holding the camera as high as I could to get the front bumper pics!  I can barely stand on flat ground!  I took like 15, these are the best 2!  Josh said the paint was very fresh, so he did not want to move it.  I got them to hold the rear bumper out in the sun. 

Josh says my 281 wing, side mirrors, & the hood cowls will be painted tomorrow!  It looks really good, I thought! 

I started my car so I could hear it!  I have not heard it for 125 days!  It sounded like I thought it would.

I stopped by my upholstery shop & handed them $500 for my black top.  It's looking good though! 
DSC00134.jpg

DSC00137.jpg

DSC00139.jpg

DSC00144.jpg

Made a video of it:

BruhBrahBrad

Reaction score

YAYAYAYAYAYAYYAA!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU ELI!!!!

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score

Oh yeah, on the rear bumper. I bought SS Insert Letters for it. I'll have them painted in black. I think they came in the satin finish?

Every part on the car, I am doing something different to. Not the front bumper, but I'll have a cool looking Running Pony area.

I got there early today! Josh teaches 1st year kids & 2nd year kids. The 2nd year are the ones working on my car. It was the 1st year kids I saw today. It was good for my self esteem to hear the kids talk about how nice my car was. Good visit today!!

neris

Reaction score

wow! looks amazing!.
makes me wish i had money for my car atm!!

OP
OP
eliyarbrough

eliyarbrough

Legend
Reaction score

Thanks! He was in a rush when I saw him today! He had a school meeting. We went over my ideas again. I didn't think to ask him about how much longer it would be. I wrote him 2 notes of crap I thought of once he was gone. I have no idea on how much longer it will be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JohnnyOctane

Members online