Need to get my bumper back to matching...

sn95jones

Reaction score
You can definitely bring the shine back out however I do see clearcoat damage in the creases on the bumper. My rear bumper was starting to get dull luckily when my car went into the body shop they repainted it for me no extra charge.
You can have it repainted for $150-$200 it doesn't cost much. With as much as it would cost for a rotary and all the chemicals you could have it repainted.

OP
OP
G

GMUSSTN

Reaction score
Actually I thought it was clearcoat damage as well but with a little compound the color started to come right back. It's going to take a ton of elbow grease but everything is still there. Personally I'm shocked. There's a couple chips in the paint but other than that this bumper is practically perfect underneath all that oxidization.

sn95jones

Reaction score
Actually I thought it was clearcoat damage as well but with a little compound the color started to come right back. It's going to take a ton of elbow grease but everything is still there. Personally I'm shocked. There's a couple chips in the paint but other than that this bumper is practically perfect underneath all that oxidization.
It looks 90% oxidized granted but once it's all cleaned up the clear coat damage will start to show, trust me lol my bumper went through the same, all of ours do eventually

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
If oxidization comes back after the ultimate compound, use meguiars 105 compound and 205 polish.

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
op - see how it lasts.....oxidation fixes are pretty much always temporary......but like you were saying before thats what youre looking to get right now so its all good.....yeah put up a pic when you can

the5.ohh

Legend
Reaction score
Meguiars Ultimate compound works great. Only got to try it on my front bumper because it got too cold. Can't wait to clay bar, buff if with the meguiars compound and then buff it with a wax. Needs it badly

sn95jones

Reaction score
Meguiars Ultimate compound works great. Only got to try it on my front bumper because it got too cold. Can't wait to clay bar, buff if with the meguiars compound and then buff it with a wax. Needs it badly

You need to get a good cut

Sent from my Galaxy S2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suprasuavy

Members online