Nick's 98gt Full Budget Built Turbo 2v

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Dyno is all done. Not what I was hoping for. Kicking myself for not swapping out the blower cams. Anything up above 6500rpm the boost would start to drop. I’m also almost at the limits of the maf being pegged. Final numbers.... 574rwhp and 560tq. @ 15lbs and 15 degrees of timing. I feel like with a good set of cams and my maf being in a little bigger diameter pipe there would have been so much room to grow.

Still a major improvement over last year. Which it did 518whp at like 7000rpm and 430tq

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That is right where it should be for 15 PSI, that means it is a competent design and build and a good base for more if you need it.

97stanger

Legend
Reaction score
That looks like a 3” DP too. A 4” really yields big gains at those levels and even helps with turbo spool. What’s graph look like with those cams?

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
That looks like a 3” DP too. A 4” really yields big gains at those levels and even helps with turbo spool. What’s graph look like with those cams?

I’ll take a pic of the graph in just a sec. You can really see it drop around 6400 rpm power and boost.

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Here’s a good cross comparison of this years dyno graph vs last years. Cams and a bigger down pipe is what should wake this thing up more. Should still rip at the track though.

82ae113c80c684c716dd05d17b780292.jpg

349dac959069ff0b26f7be54366839e8.jpg

evilcw311

Most Evil Member!
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Blower cams generally have a lot of overlap. Overlapping kills turbo setups.

I can’t wait to see what it does regardless though. Sounds wicked on the dyno

BMAC96GT

Reaction score
I was surprised when you told me you were going to run the blower cams. You could always sell those blower cams and pickup some used off the shelf turbo cams from somebody and have no money in them until you get your TF heads. Sounds fantastic. Hard to beat the sound of a spooling 2v with open down pipe

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
I was surprised when you told me you were going to run the blower cams. You could always sell those blower cams and pickup some used off the shelf turbo cams from somebody and have no money in them until you get your TF heads. Sounds fantastic. Hard to beat the sound of a spooling 2v with open down pipe

Yep I should of known better just really didn't feel like digging into the cams stuff this season. I am interested to see how it does as is but cant deny the disappointment in myself not swapping them out.

Also..... Its been a while since Ive been in the turbo world, and I accidentally hooked the waste gate up incorrectly. I told my tuner I think the wastegate spring should open at around 12/13psi but keep an eye it..... When he did the first pull, (with had no timing and very rich ofcourse) the boost ended up spiking to 28lbs!!!! I about crapped my pants.

Anyway, pulled the WG off and reliazed I had the manifold pressure line going to the map port on the WG.

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Will be hitting the track on Saturday if the weather holds out. Dallas Speedcal box installed so my mph gauge works. Got a couple odds and ends buttoned up. I also bought some TeamZ double adjustable lower control arms with their 10% Easter sale going on so I can finally ditch my crappy ebay lowers I've run the last 4 years.

RedTwilight

Reaction score
Will be hitting the track on Saturday if the weather holds out. Dallas Speedcal box installed so my mph gauge works. Got a couple odds and ends buttoned up. I also bought some TeamZ double adjustable lower control arms with their 10% Easter sale going on so I can finally ditch my crappy ebay lowers I've run the last 4 years.

You'll love the Team Z lowers!
I've been running them on my Fox for a few years now. Great quality and look good too.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Well that was over quickly.

(That’s what she said)

What kind of times is it running now compared to last year?

OP
OP
98snakehorse

98snakehorse

Reaction score
Well that was over quickly.

(That’s what she said)

What kind of times is it running now compared to last year?

I only got to run a few times the track was pretty busy. 6.80/6.90's at around 103. 60fts in the 1.6 range so i have much to improve on that. Spinning and hitting the limiter before the traps. Im switching to a 3.55 gear.

Last year my average was 7.2/7.3 I did hit a 6.96 once at around 99mph. I think the car has 6.50s in it this year. As I still have plenty of added boost to play with

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online