SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry, here is the missing pic...
IMG_0832-D.jpg

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
Awe man, I wish I knew you needed the t45 manual. I've got a PDF copy of the Ford manual for t5, t45, and t56.

OP
OP
OLD H2S

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
No worries, all is good. I do all my transmissions the same way... 3 times is normal. My a833 overdrive in my '69 Roadrunner took me 7 times to get it right but that trans was so rare there was no information about it from Mopar except what vehicles it came in. I kept making new shims every time I took it apart and in the end the gear shifter did not even shake at idle, unheard of in a Mopar.

OP
OP
OLD H2S

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Todays Circumstances

I got the motor out yesterday:slowclap: (This thread goes back 2 years if you dig for it) I cleaned and painted the '96 front cover and checked the fit to the aluminum block and this pic shows the amount of mismatch, .115" to the valve cover rail on the head from the deck fly cutting and head decking. I was planning to set the cover up on the mill and trim down the cover but the cut will really weaken the top flange with so much to remove. I think I will do a taper instead and let the gasket and some "Rightstuff" do the seal up.
IMG_0833-D.jpg
Next is a missing bolt hole the 3V has in a different location. So far this looks like the only mismatch to take care of.
IMG_0834-D.jpg

OP
OP
OLD H2S

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I finished up the stitch welding of key support panels on the chassis.
IMG_0837-D.jpg
Next was dumping the ABS controller and patching the lines back together.
IMG_0836-D.jpg
Last I removed all the parking brake parts and spliced in a 1/4 turn hydraulic valve, now you step on the brake pedal and turn the valve and the rear brakes are set on till the valve is turned to the normal driving position.
IMG_0838-D.jpg

OP
OP
OLD H2S

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The amount of weight of the parking brake removal and ABS is not that much but it sure made the car a lot simpler.

Redbone

Reaction score
The new GTs come with line lock and auto launch built into the software. The new Electronic Stability Control also works very nicely and doesn't kill the engine power the way the old Traction Control used to. You can actually drift the new GTs a little with Traction Control on, it pretty much limits itself to pinching one or the other rear calipers to force the drive onto the wheel with traction. Of course none of that was on the pre 2000 GTs anyway. So what is up with the timing cover? If there is a mismatch to the head causing the valve cover gap then the cover to head bolts must also be off .115", no?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarthur1995

Members online