OLD FARTS "It never ends"

Redbone

Reaction score
Looks great! I'd forgotten about the coolant line running down the valley, not such great engineering by Ford IMO. Good luck in Florida, if you find an extra opening let me know!

OP
OP
OLD H2S

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm Stuck! NOGO. I can not find the fuel lines. I'm going nuts. I filled up the cooling system yesterday and 2 big leaks. One was at the connector behind the water pump, I put on 2 new O rings but big leak. So I took the top end back apart to redo the O rings and added some RTV this time. Next was the oil filter mounting bracket where the lower water hose connects to the engine, same deal take it all back apart and clean and a new gasket this time with RTV. No leaks but I'm still going crazy, maybe tomorrow????????

OP
OP
OLD H2S

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
WHO SH*T IN MY PANTS? I DEMAND AN ANSWER NOW! I can not be held responsible, The Dachshund is to blame for putting the fuel lines in the air conditioning box. Half rations for a week. Of course he blamed his sister because she has daddy issues with the UPS delivery guy. You see what I have to put up with, always the same excuses, same results. Now where did that sneaky dog put my 10mm wrench?

OP
OP
OLD H2S

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
It's alive, smooth as silk...
IMG_0844-D.jpg
The 5.4 truck heads got rid of the NPI asthma. I will upload a video as soon as I figure out how to compress it down.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
That looks real good! I can't wait to see the video. Are you loading it to YouTube then linking it here?

OP
OP
OLD H2S

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
The Garage is empty

Been a long time, got to clean the floor.
IMG_0847-D.jpg

IMG_0847-D.jpg
Next is get the ride height right. I used 175 coilover springs in the rear and 275 in the front, the ride is sweet. I do not have a front sway bar or seat belts yet so I did not push it. The transmission shifts like a dream and the clutch is right so far. The rear Cobra brakes are going to take some time to seat. With just shorty headers it's hard to tell a lot about the motor yet but I would say 300 hp, It revs fast with the light flywheel and the wide open ports and goes to 5000 rpm in an instant in 1st, 2nd and 3rd gear.

OP
OP
OLD H2S

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Same deal as the 2V post, Friday June 30th 2017 is dyno tune day, guess the RWHP.
10.5:1 compression, Bullet Cams RV-Towing NPI cam, ported heads.
Read the history in the 2V section.
My guess is 250 RWHP, what's yours...

OP
OP
OLD H2S

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
And the answer is:
260 RWHP
290 RWT
Here is McNew's facebook page with the vidio of the dyno :
https://www.facebook.com/McNews-Automotive-122534501137070/

Good people, went out of their way even when sick with a fever to help my car. Took 3 hours on the dyno and 12 pulls till they were satisfied. I was happy by pull number 8 and that is called exceeding customer expectations.

Yes there is always more to be had with more more more invested but the car is perfect to it's design parameters. You might question a towing cam selection, but 5 gear at 2000 RPM it has effortless torque and passing cars was instant with just a touch of the gas, felt like a stock '03 Cobra motor because the torque is the same at 1500 RPM. The limiting factor was the stock PI intake. We pumped up the 19 pound injectors to 50 PSI and they would have been good to 285 RWHP. The cams fell off at 5500 and that is fine to have the low end grunt I do. I can up the cam size anytime. Now let's see Trump give us 100 octane gas because I want more compression...
P.S. the starting numbers were 213 hp and 230 torque.
Flame on Gents..

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
Well I was 20rwhp over. Torque is real nice!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

96blak54

Staff
Reaction score
The car still has potential locked away, but for a torque driving car.....not to bad!

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Nice work! Those are some healthy numbers to have a lot of fun with, just stay out of trouble!

OP
OP
OLD H2S

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
There is a lot of up side If I need it, but for autocross 60 MPH and 6000 RPM in 2nd gear for 60 seconds is what counts. This car is fun because you drive it at 10/10th's without overkill which happens to most of my builds, nothing wrong with overkill but It can get tiresome to drive a car that acts like a light switch.

OP
OP
OLD H2S

OLD H2S

SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I took the car to the metal recycling center... should have got a picture because it sure did turn some heads. I got the car weighted, with new full interior with ACC thick carpet, both seats, custom 3 bar roll cage with rear shock tower conector, full tank of gas and a fat honky behind the wheel.
The car came in at 3480 pounds.
So...if you go with 260 RWHP it is 13.4:1 W/P ratio. If you say that It is 300HP at the crank then the number is 11.3:1
Which puts me right with my buddies and their new Coyote Mustangs.

Burninriverdiver

Reaction score
Heck yeah, not a bad ratio and (hopefully) you've got less $ into this than a new Coyote!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online