Holly Digital Dashboard
Team-Z Tubular Front Crash Bar​

Last edited:
OP
OP
FastballRacing

FastballRacing

Reaction score
Amazing. Won't 4.10s be too much gear with the turbo?

EDIT to add: I know zero about turbo setups.
I've Been reading mixed things about it. For an aggressive street setup they are saying 4.10's. I just want it to be a bit rowdy, I have a brand new 4.10 kit I stumbled across on Facebook for $25 so that's why I'm considering doing it. I will for sure be doing more research before I jump into it.

Venompower

Reaction score
Awesome project!

Couple thoughts, I'd suggest going with an AN line for the oil drain off the turbo since you are already doing AN with the feed, looks cleaner and less chance of leaking. I'd also recommend wrapping your downpipe and putting a blanket on the "hot side" since your intake pipe is right on top. Without blocking the heat off the turbo and downpipe, a front mount is going to be completely negated as the air enters the throttle body.

Other than that, this thing looks like its going to be a lot of fun!

OP
OP
FastballRacing

FastballRacing

Reaction score
Awesome project!

Couple thoughts, I'd suggest going with an AN line for the oil drain off the turbo since you are already doing AN with the feed, looks cleaner and less chance of leaking. I'd also recommend wrapping your downpipe and putting a blanket on the "hot side" since your intake pipe is right on top. Without blocking the heat off the turbo and downpipe, a front mount is going to be completely negated as the air enters the throttle body.

Other than that, this thing looks like its going to be a lot of fun!
I couldn’t agree anymore! I’ve been browsing around and found somethings for that! Thank you for making me pull the trigger on some items haha

joemomma

Reaction score
I may have missed it but is the car auto or manual? I seem to hear 4.10s for boosted auto and 3.73 for boosted manual.

joe65

Reaction score
yeah regarding the gear discussion, its just that the 302 runs out of rpm faster than a mod motor so i'd vote for 373 or even 355's . when that turbo comes on its balls to the wall with a turbo. it goes up stays up. Unless you added a higher revving cam you're going to be fine with anything over the 327s. Just my 2c.

OP
OP
FastballRacing

FastballRacing

Reaction score
yeah regarding the gear discussion, its just that the 302 runs out of rpm faster than a mod motor so i'd vote for 373 or even 355's . when that turbo comes on its balls to the wall with a turbo. it goes up stays up. Unless you added a higher revving cam you're going to be fine with anything over the 327s. Just my 2c.

So safe to say 4.10 is over kill right now?

joe65

Reaction score
if you are drag racing it and that is your main deal....go for it. If not, you'll be buying tires often...lol.

joemomma

Reaction score
For street, I wouldn't go any lower than 3.73s (I might even entertain 3.55s as joe mentioned). Traction is going to be an issue lol. With stock heads/intake, you're going to be done by 6k - I think you're going to need the headroom of the taller gears. This is going to be a crazy-fun car when you're done with it. I think the On3 kits put out 400 or so at the crank?

OP
OP
FastballRacing

FastballRacing

Reaction score
For street, I wouldn't go any lower than 3.73s (I might even entertain 3.55s as joe mentioned). Traction is going to be an issue lol. With stock heads/intake, you're going to be done by 6k - I think you're going to need the headroom of the taller gears. This is going to be a crazy-fun car when you're done with it. I think the On3 kits put out 400 or so at the crank?
Looks like I’ll see if I can trade this 4.10 with someone for 3.73’s. Just read a ton more about it for turbo cars.

My buddy on his 302 70mm on3 made just above 400. So hopefully I make the same lol

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
I would be afraid that would lead to regret later for me. I just know sooner or later I will want to take a semi-short drive to a cool show or something and it would drive me nuts at 3k rpm for long.

Venompower

Reaction score
Which truthfully doesn't bother me. Car wont see the Freeway/highway too often. Drives to and from local car shows.
That's how I feel... this car will never be driven cross-country or for commuting purposes, so I can deal with the rpm in exchange for the performance.

I would be afraid that would lead to regret later for me. I just know sooner or later I will want to take a semi-short drive to a cool show or something and it would drive me nuts at 3k rpm for long.

Based on your location I could see that, for me... there is really only one car show that required getting on I-88... every other show was drivable via locals which have a max speed of 50-55 mph.

lwarrior1016

Mr. Secondary Timing Chain
Staff
Reaction score
You guys need coyotes, or modular engines for that matter. I commute my car daily and have gone as far as a 6hr road trip in my car with 4.10’s and a 5 speed. At 80mph (my normal traveling speed) I am at 3k rpm. Even on that 6hr drive, the coyote was perfectly happy at 3k rpm the whole time.

joe65

Reaction score
was just thinking as i was reading this how much i like the sound of mod motors in the sweet spot from 4k to 6500 rpms. For me its really hard to not hit that everytime i'm out in the car, especially now with the Stinger mufflers and the x pipe.

joemomma

Reaction score
A 6-speed would fix it too. I know when I brought mine home, the two hour interstate drive at 3k had my ears ringing like crazy. That was with the dronemasters, the Borla are better but it still sings pretty good at 3k.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online