Snorky

Reaction score
3.27s and my turbo ftw! The 4.10s were fun with the procharger but it would never work well with the turbo, they would light the tires off taking it into vacuum losing all of the boost. I think the meal ticket is to gear as "short" as one can without losing traction" unless you get to certain power levels where your trap speed is limited by rpm and gear. IE the 4.10s and the procharger 9 psi I was hitting the traps at the top of fourth at 114, car would hold a gen1 bolt on 3.73 coyote . Now the turbo needed a lot more mph for the traps havent gone back to the track since I went turbo but in the original setup 12.7 psi pre heads with 3.55s it put a tractor trailer length on a bolt on gen3 coyote. But yeah.. longer gears are the way to go!

OP
OP
FastballRacing

FastballRacing

Reaction score
Hey Everyone! I figured i’d update this. Its been about a year so on the car:

Heres what I discovered,

Get rid of the header bolts they come with. Upgrade to ARP 100-1208’s you can actually get a wrench around them and fully tighten it down. Otherwise you’ll just be chasing exhaust leaks and blowing out gaskets.

Heres a breakdown video of the kit from me

I also, am swapping out my turbo to something bigger and doing a more mild build. The 70mm turbo is too small, spend some money on the 76mm or do what im doing and running a GT-45 ebay turbo. I’ll update once im done installing. Im doing 210cc heads, holley hi-ram intake, Terminator X ecu, Gt-45 turbo. Which is a 69/88mm 1.05 a/r turbo vs the 70mm .70 a/r I am running in this thread.

Attachments

• 857701E7-F6A9-4663-BC69-87A74B04B17D.jpeg
    857701E7-F6A9-4663-BC69-87A74B04B17D.jpeg
    280.9 KB · Views: 12
  • 7A6D2D0D-89D4-4168-9F1E-3E7F346D726D.jpeg
    7A6D2D0D-89D4-4168-9F1E-3E7F346D726D.jpeg
    142.4 KB · Views: 12

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Love the intake . I’m still trying to decide what my new intake setup is going to be . These are up there for sure .

OP
OP
FastballRacing

FastballRacing

Reaction score
Love the intake . I’m still trying to decide what my new intake setup is going to be . These are up there for sure .
Thank you! Im pretty excited about this intake. Its not so much plug and play, need to swap to foxbody throttle body, TPS & have someone fab up a new cold side pipe.

Musturd

Post Whore
Reaction score
Thank you! Im pretty excited about this intake. Its not so much plug and play, need to swap to foxbody throttle body, TPS & have someone fab up a new cold side pipe.
Yea I’ve had a few sn’s with fox throttle bodies so it’s notta worry for me

Snorky

Reaction score
I just put in a set of 4.10 gears is it going to be way to much with the turbo at 8 psi? Also can I use the stock intake manifold or do I need a different one?
Stock intake will work just fine. The 4.10s will more than likely annihilate the tires off the car in the lower rpms basically bleeding off all of your boost as you will end up pedaling the car. You can run them but a longer set like 3.55s will be far more manageable and be ultimately faster. More mph per gear, less shifting, etc. And less of a reliance on ET streets

Reaction score
Dang I was afraid of that, so 3.55's for a turbo car. Got it. Any other tips for going turbo?

Snorky

Reaction score
Dang I was afraid of that, so 3.55's for a turbo car. Got it. Any other tips for going turbo?
How many psi, how big of a turbo? If you're doing an on3 kit. Go straight to -10AN oil lines/ fittings. Install them BEFORE installing the drivers header. Go straight to a -10an oil drain as well with a carefully placed welded bung on the front of the pan, either dead front or offset to thr passenger side of the front..(gives you more crank pulley clearance) I would also recommend welding on a -4 an bung to the pan as well with a cap in the event that you run an oil pressure regulator. However they just recently have made a return less pressure regulator. Look into that if you have a high volume oil pump. Nothing sucks more than coking a turbo. I would replace the Vee band clamps and maybe the Vee bands.. and definitely check the flatness of the header flanges and Vee bands before installing. For the down pipe/midpipes. Get 3" SS ball and socket connectors and weld them in. And weld a bent rod to the mid pipes and use the catback tip style hangers riv nut to the floor.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbarter

Members online