Orange 94's "NO PULP" Build Thread

Tony

Legend
Reaction score
I have it, but not installed yet... Probably do it over reading week break? or early spring. Can't wait to get that set up and tuned in the spring.

Its on a few threads, not sure if i ended up posting it on this one. here it is anyways :p
[video=youtube;mBMgU0q68Yw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBMgU0q68Yw[/video]

Cold start on cold day (hence exhaust smoke). Max RPM reached in video: around 3500.

Exhaust:
Mac Cat Back w/polished tips
Pacesetter H-pipe

Cam: Comp Cams 259HR115

Sound will likely change some with the tune, mostly idle
dam man that sounds fn great dude!! so that exhaust smoke is normal? that's what mine looks like also. so sorry to hijack with my own shit. just been fn driving me crazy. you said cold day and start up but does all that go away completely after a while?

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
dam man that sounds fn great dude!! so that exhaust smoke is normal? that's what mine looks like also. so sorry to hijack with my own shit. just been fn driving me crazy. you said cold day and start up but does all that go away completely after a while?

Thanks man! The car was started at a temperature of around -10 C to -5 C (14 F to 5F) that day. The smoke doesn't go away, its because of the cold. I dont think your smoke is like mine, what does your smoke smell like?

99GreenStang

Reaction score
Great build glad to see someone else besides myself in this world thats young being productive lol . I saw you checked out my 308 swap thread so I figured I would return the favor . Very nice what did you use for the paint . and what prep work was involved in the engine bay . build the motor yourself or buy it ( pay for it to get done ) either way sick ride ! GREAT JOB also 18 myself mine was a father son project as well.

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Great build glad to see someone else besides myself in this world thats young being productive lol . I saw you checked out my 308 swap thread so I figured I would return the favor . Very nice what did you use for the paint . and what prep work was involved in the engine bay . build the motor yourself or buy it ( pay for it to get done ) either way sick ride ! GREAT JOB also 18 myself mine was a father son project as well.

Thank you. The paint is just a basic gloss. The engine bay prep is pretty basic, fix anything like rust spots, scruff, clean and spray. The whole car including the motor was build. Shop only did things like machining and wheel alignment.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Thanks for the idea, OJ. but no.

Lol man you and whippy... O and don't listen to Tony about the smoke he thinks his car is gonna blow up or somehting haha JK Tony baloney! But no f'n sounds great dude first time I heard that thing!

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the idea, OJ. but no.

Lol man you and whippy... O and don't listen to Tony about the smoke he thinks his car is gonna blow up or somehting haha JK Tony baloney! But no f'n sounds great dude first time I heard that thing!

Haha! Thanks man!

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Hey guys! Haven't updated my build thread for awhile!
I'll be getting home soon and my ASAP plans are:
-Repairing and modifying hood, will make a thread or add onto this thread with the results.
-Hooking up the water methanol injection
-Getting this sucker on the dyno!
-add sn95forums stickers :)

I'll also be scanning the 4.2 N/A dyno sheets and posting that too! Also my new dyno sheet/video when that happens!

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well 2013 projects have started!

Ordered a new headlight panel... I broke mine because the hood latch broke and yeah. Also got parts to relocate the battery today too. Got a plastic battery box though, will look fine. I didnt think it was worth $300 for a nice box that will sit in the trunk anyways.

Started cutting and working on the hood. It now closes nicely around the hood struts and everything seems to fit. Now to start cutting out the slits and make it look nice.

Here's a few update pics from tonight.

Can you guess what I'll be doing under the fender? :)

1RKiQZJl.jpg

Can you say wheel alignment? Inside is getting pretty smooth.

Dzz6rCzl.jpg

kjFcatWl.jpg

Still surprisingly clean under there some how.

Oh! Here's one for you whiplash473

l3ROUYtl.jpg

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
looking forward to seeing how the hood comes out..i think it'll be way nicer looking.......never had Rickard's..might have to try that next time i head up north

OP
OP
Orange 94

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
looking forward to seeing how the hood comes out..i think it'll be way nicer looking.......never had Rickard's..might have to try that next time i head up north

I hope the hood turns out good! It'll be different :p

Defintely get some Rickards Red!

whiplash473

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
will do.......and the hood will come out fine..just remember to take off the majority of it with a grinder (or whatever you choose to use) but leave plenty of the vent left and just bite the bullet by taking more time to fine grind it..it's so easy to wanna take off almost everything with a coarse grinder and then realize you took off too much before you realize it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online