PI head upgrade

Mbachota97

Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2006
Messages
111
Reaction score
0
Im looking at buying a set of PI heads for my car does it matter what year they come from or not. Theyre from a 99 with 26000 on them.
 

ALITL8

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
1,453
Reaction score
0
it does matter... i just dont remember the year model. what you want is cams from a "Romeo" block and if im not mistaken the 99 4.6 has the "Windsor" :dunno:

if you'll search this section for pi cams you should find PLENTY of info! we've discussed it a lot!!!!
 

DropTopPony

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Joined
Jan 12, 2006
Messages
15,376
Reaction score
174
Location
South Jersey
you can use the 99-00 pi heads (windsor) you just need the valve covers from those heads/a few bolts for the timing cover into the head that are different then the romeo and windsor dipstick...if you end up getting the 99 heads i'll give you the part #'s for the bolts and where to buy them from.
 

Mbachota97

Member
Joined
Jun 3, 2006
Messages
111
Reaction score
0
alright thanks and the guy said his motor is a romeo but i think my engine is a windsor
 

ALITL8

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
1,453
Reaction score
0
Mbachota97 said:
alright thanks and the guy said his motor is a romeo but i think my engine is a windsor

no your 97 definitely has a Romeo unless its been swapped out for a 99-00 motor and if his car is a 99 it has a Windsor... that's the facts!

hey droptop, i need the list of stuff i'll need for the swap. the heads im getting are from a 2000 but im getting them for a song ;)
 

DropTopPony

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Joined
Jan 12, 2006
Messages
15,376
Reaction score
174
Location
South Jersey
ALITL8 said:
Mbachota97 said:
alright thanks and the guy said his motor is a romeo but i think my engine is a windsor

no your 97 definitely has a Romeo unless its been swapped out for a 99-00 motor and if his car is a 99 it has a Windsor... that's the facts!

hey droptop, i need the list of stuff i'll need for the swap. the heads im getting are from a 2000 but im getting them for a song ;)

Heres the part #'s for the bolts needed for windsor heads on romeo's

2 of this ( N808529-S309)
2 of this ( N808140-S309)
1 of this ( N808142-S437)
contact Randy over on www.modulardepot.com in the Ford Parts section of the forums...make a thread and tell him what you have and what you are adding...he will know everything you need.
 

ALITL8

Well-Known Member
Joined
Jan 31, 2006
Messages
1,453
Reaction score
0
thanks Bob!! i'll look Randy up over there too.
 

97gtconv.

Member
Joined
Aug 19, 2006
Messages
169
Reaction score
0
i ordered everything for the P.I. swap except heads and intake manifold from Randy..very smart and nice guy.
 

DropTopPony

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
SN95 Supporter
Joined
Jan 12, 2006
Messages
15,376
Reaction score
174
Location
South Jersey
97gtconv. said:
i ordered everything for the P.I. swap except heads and intake manifold from Randy..very smart and nice guy.
yeah he knows his shit...he has a 96 gt that he raced in nmra for a few years so he's not just a parts guy. I buy most of my stuff from him and he has good prices and doesn't screw you on shipping.
 

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
74,878
Messages
1,452,509
Members
13,567
Latest member
Mustangequiped
Top