Post Up Your Audio System

rkramer19

Reaction score
It looks like this is a dieting thread but I will chime in anyway. I have worked car audio for about 7 years, 4 in shops and now just as a hobby. I say if you are going to do it, do it right. So I don't skimp when it comes to spending money on quality items.

Alpine headunit don't remember the model #
memphis M-Class 5.25" components front and back with 1" silk dome tweeters.
Focal audio single 12" sub. right Now in a normal box. But I will be doing a custom fiberglass box in what used to be the rear seats painted to match the car.
Arc audio Foose Edition 100.4 highs amp
Arc Audio 300.2 KAR series sub amp.
4 ga Tsunami wiring and RCA cables
digital volt meter battery terminal

backup system

jvc head unit
Memphis power reference 6.5" 3way speakers
2 12" Memphis S-Class shallow mount subwoofers
kenwood 750x5 5 channel amp
Mtx 150.2

I want to put in the double din dash kit and get an alpine double din

9838stang

Reaction score
Small update:
What has been done
I have redone my stereo on my car. and looking to redo it again
current system:
pioneer deh5800mp
pioneer 6x8's all way around
dual pioneer 10in subs and jensen amp
custom non ported sub box.

Adding a pioneer double din w/color screen
Adding dyno mat.

What i have currently did:

Ripped out my Custom sub box and 10" subs along with the amp,
took out all the starter amp kit for the amp and subs,
Found a parts car with complete Mach 460 installed into it,
ripped the whole mach 460 out, tweeters, rear subs works, wire harness, front amp
Installed it into my car, got the mach 460 to work with my system, but not after finding out my harness, as well as the mach 460 harness was cut up,

Ended up buy another one from a buddies cobra

How the Best Buy harness was...

Made progress on my double din bezel

Mach 460 front amp and damaged factory harness,

replaced the rear factory subs with the 6x8 pioneers speakers

but here is what it looks like now

torch318

Reaction score
feced56dfa96b3048c8842b9ed4b678f.jpg

Just wait till I get a couple of these bad boy rollin round in my trunk the haters will be lined up a block deep!
:eek:

torch318

Reaction score
Can't believe no one commented on the ratta hack subs in a bucket. For the record I am not building these.

Ballistic

Reaction score
Here's my basic setup, im not into the setups where it makes the whole car shake or makes your hair go crazy, i just want something better than any stock car stereo..

Good friend used to work for Kicker so got all my stuff at employee cost..

Kicker 10" L7 Sub
Kicker 1000.1 Sub Amp
Kicker 500.4 RMS Digital Speaker amp
Kicker RS 65.2 Speakers
Whelen 295SLSA1 PA/Siren
Pioneer Deck

Ran all new wiring didn't want to try and use any Mach 460 wiring, ran 4 gauge wire to a distribution block under everything in the trunk

Hate my Deck need to start shopping for a new one it gives me engine noise, have done a bunch of tests to prove its not my amp/wiring even added ground loop isolator read into that deck its just a piece of shit and does it for everyone i guess.
I'm a dealer for Xscorpion and i just ordered a hybrid capacitor, I may down the road add another Kicker Digital amp for the speakers i can push more power at them but i need to upgrade my alternator before i do any more upgrades..

Would like to hard wire my radar in but not sure what i want to do yet have been thinking about a jammer and new radar..

qOmTYjv.jpg

Just installed the whelen last weekend, need to fab up some plates and paint them to fill in the sides.

dFWiRvY.jpg

gfsepBc.jpg

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
have you tried grounding the shield on the rca's? I know at one point pioneers were having issues with engine noise that was caused because of a pico-fuse(itty bitty fuse) that would blow if you grounded the center pin of the rca's after it had been powered up. Something to do with the caps internally would discharge, blow the fuse and then you would have engine noise. This could often be fixed by simply pulling apart the rca connections just enough to slip a wire between the outer shields and then grounding that wire.

I can't tell you how many cars I have chased audible tachometers in, but I can tell you how many were fixed with a ground loop isolator - ZERO. I have heard of people putting them in and fixing stuff but I think that they just didn't fix what the problem was, just put a band aid on it. There was only ever one car that I was not able to find the cause of the noise and fix and that was because he made us use the stock radio and then amped the hell out of it.

torch318

Reaction score
Here's my basic setup, im not into the setups where it makes the whole car shake or makes your hair go crazy, i just want something better than any stock car stereo..

Good friend used to work for Kicker so got all my stuff at employee cost..

Kicker 10" L7 Sub
Kicker 1000.1 Sub Amp
Kicker 500.4 Digital Speaker amp
Kicker RS 65.2 Speakers
Whelen 295SLSA1 PA/Siren
Pioneer Deck

Ran all new wiring didn't want to try and use any Mach 460 wiring, ran 4 gauge wire to a distribution block under everything in the trunk

Hate my Deck need to start shopping for a new one it gives me engine noise, have done a bunch of tests to prove its not my amp/wiring even added ground loop isolator read into that deck its just a piece of shit and does it for everyone i guess.
I'm a dealer for Xscorpion and i just ordered a hybrid capacitor, I may down the road add another Kicker Digital amp for the speakers i can push more power at them but i need to upgrade my alternator before i do any more upgrades..

Would like to hard wire my radar in but not sure what i want to do yet have been thinking about a jammer and new radar..

qOmTYjv.jpg

Just installed the whelen last weekend, need to fab up some plates and paint them to fill in the sides.

dFWiRvY.jpg

gfsepBc.jpg
You may need to upgrade your feed wire from 4 ga. If add another amp.

ttocs

Post Whore
Reaction score
what is a whilen? You can save your money on the cap its not going get you anything. Caps are great for storing voltage but your amps are current dependent and it doesn't do anything to supply current.

Ballistic

Reaction score
what is a whilen? You can save your money on the cap its not going get you anything. Caps are great for storing voltage but your amps are current dependent and it doesn't do anything to supply current.

A Whelen is a Police grade Siren/PA

Yeah i figured, but for 19 bucks i got a 100 dollar one figured even if i don't use it diddnt pay much :)

Ballistic

Reaction score
have you tried grounding the shield on the rca's? I know at one point pioneers were having issues with engine noise that was caused because of a pico-fuse(itty bitty fuse) that would blow if you grounded the center pin of the rca's after it had been powered up. Something to do with the caps internally would discharge, blow the fuse and then you would have engine noise. This could often be fixed by simply pulling apart the rca connections just enough to slip a wire between the outer shields and then grounding that wire.

I can't tell you how many cars I have chased audible tachometers in, but I can tell you how many were fixed with a ground loop isolator - ZERO. I have heard of people putting them in and fixing stuff but I think that they just didn't fix what the problem was, just put a band aid on it. There was only ever one car that I was not able to find the cause of the noise and fix and that was because he made us use the stock radio and then amped the hell out of it.

I cant believe i missed this, i think when torch quoted my post i saw the images and thought that was my post and diddnt scroll up enough anyway..

I may try that after i figure out what to do with my alternator, I'm Pretty sure i have some Xscorpion rca cables that have the ground wire already installed in the cord, i love the deck and don't really want to replace it so would be nice to figure that out.. Dont think have ever used them before do i ground them on both ends or is grounding it at just one end fine?

I should add if i put the car in accessories mode (not running but power to everything) i get no engine noise/whining.

You may need to upgrade your feed wire from 4 ga. If add another amp.

At this point i don't plan on adding another amp, i found out my Speaker amp (500x4 one) that is 500 RMS and peak of 1000 watts..
I probably should of just ran 1/0 but didn't feel like ordering a spool that doesn't come cheap

Buddy of mine who was a professional installer, he installed my remote start/windows/alarm, was telling me about the xstatic batcaps, was thinking about putting in one of there little ones like this one: http://www.batcap.net/Products/BatCap400/tabid/60/Default.aspx

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diabolic2010

Members online