Quad Shocks

SteveSkal

Reaction score
Whats the opinion on these. Do most of you leave these, if not do you experience wheel hop, if you keep them are there any good aftermarket ones? Just curious, I wasn't even sure the SN95's even had them until I pulled my rear wheels off for the first time yesterday. On my last Fox Body I took them off when I put Mega-Byte Jr lower control arms on.

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
i'm not sure when you can take them off? I think if you do lower control arms and some good shocks you can but i really don't know.

Javi

Post Whore
Reaction score
Get some MM RLCA and then you can ditch them....

SRT Handz

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
You can only remove them with MM LCAs.

....even though i have MM LCAs, I still keep my quad shock.... They dont do anything bad so IMO they need to stay

trav_19

Legend
Reaction score
i just took mine off we are installing all of my upr suspension stuff i think i will be safe

Paul

Legend
Reaction score
javi said:

Aftermarket lower control arms do not resolve the fundamental flaw in the design of the rear suspension. The quad shocks are there to dampen the effects of axle bind. Simply have a nice set of RLCAs will not prevent axle bind.

Although most folks disagree, IMHO the quad shocks should remain until such time as the upper control arms are removed.

Paul.

El_Diablo

Reaction score
they're there to correct a bad suspension design on the part of ford... they stop axle hop and from all ive seen and read you should be fine to remove them after you swap LCA's because after that all they're doing is slowing the suspensions reaction time so yes, they can do "bad things"

realitygt

Legend
Reaction score
Paul said:
javi said:

Aftermarket lower control arms do not resolve the fundamental flaw in the design of the rear suspension. The quad shocks are there to dampen the effects of axle bind. Simply have a nice set of RLCAs will not prevent axle bind.

Although most folks disagree, IMHO the quad shocks should remain until such time as the upper control arms are removed.

Paul.

when can you remove uppercontrol arms? with a panhard bar or torque arm or something?

ReplicaR

Reaction score
realitygt said:
when can you remove uppercontrol arms? with a panhard bar or torque arm or something?

Yep, you need to have something else other than upper control arms to keep the axle from rotating, and moving from side to side.

Venom351R

Legend
Reaction score
Mine are going to be removed when I have the MM Torque Arm Package installed next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dusky

Members online