Ratty 1964 Ford Country Sedan Wagon

OP
OP
D

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Just dropping in to say I love your new ride. I'm a little jelly. Side question: you ever finish that murder machine of a supermoto?

Nope! I've got to pull the motor for the millionth time to work on the clutch for the millionth time, halfway got it apart and the bolts holding the motor in are starting to strip. So I said screw it and haven't touched it in like a year. About to get the bug again and put everything back together and load it up and take it to a shop. Working 6-7 days a week is not leaving a lot of time to put the detail into it that I want, along with not really having the proper tools to finish up some of the small remaining bits. But it's CLOSE.

Back on the wagon, I've got a new intake, FI system, bearings, rings, and a lot of random little tidbits laying around and I'm picking my spare set of heads of from the machine shop Wednesday. I'm a high dollar set of headers and fuel fittings away from having 95% of the parts needed and pulling the motor. Still driving it off and on and loving it! Goal is to have it back together and the bugs worked out to drive it on the Power Tour... but we will see. Work has been kicking my tail and I've got to spend nearly 2 weeks in Vermont working soon so free time between now and then is closing up fast!

OP
OP
D

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Well, still haven't gotten everything ordered that I want to, but I did manage to snatch the motor out of the wagon this past weekend. Work is still kicking my butt, and been trying to figure out how to get the motor over to the machine shop. Been tossing around a lot of ideas but settling on simple rebuild for the bottom end. MSD ProBillet distributor along with a few other bits to allow the Fitech to control the timing came in yesterday, very excited to have this thing running like a modern one. Still deciding on headers, but will be ordering very soon! So excited to be making progress on this car. I don't think it'll be ready for the Power Tour but if not, I'll survive. Here's a couple pictures from the pull, got a LOT of part clean up to do, pretty sure it's the first time that motor has been out.

18444822_219761988521035_1932914460645654528_n.jpg

18382536_1318390768237123_1634117180750561280_n.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hazel113

Members online

No members online now.