RyClef331's LSx SWAP Build Thread.

TanTop94

Reaction score
Glad to see its running man! You will have to post some ride videos and that airport event you spoke about, you better have a gopro somewhere in that wallet of yours lol! I like the hideout too that is nasty!

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
That shop is sick.... And I'm honestly a bit annoyed at the Hoonigan stickers. Not because I don't like them but because I want a LS swap and I already ordered some Hoonigan decals for it because she'll be a late night killah and I've got to let those Honda kids know........

OP
OP
R

ryclef331

Reaction score
Welp...that was fun. Something broke this weekend at the airstrip event. On motor I was trapping high 150's in a half mile. Sprayed it on the 4th pass with the fogger (just under 200) and something let go. Lost oil pressure past the stripe and its knocking. Put it on the trailer and ignored it after I pulled the plugs. All plugs look the same. Kinda hard to get a GOOD reading on E85 after only A pass. I'll post updates this week when it gets pulled apart.

KillNThrill24

Legend
Reaction score
Daaaam man that really blows. But hey at least you got that fancy man cave to work on it in!! Lol. Goodluck dude. You gotta post up some more pix and get some vids when you get it running because this is one SICK build

Burninrock24

Reaction score
Never saw this thread before, seriously awesome build. The LS motor is one of the greatest motors made in history period. I'd go as far to say it's better than any Ford motor besides the DOHC 5.4 and the Coyote. Especially in terms of reliability and modability.

Plus their intake manifolds are downright sexy. It's just a shame that the Camaro is the ugly pony car. :laughing5:

OP
OP
R

ryclef331

Reaction score
I'm dumb. Oil pump bolts backed out on the driver's side (the main feed to the block) and the pump deflected away from the block and starved the motor. I ****ing suck...Wiped out all the bearings, two rods for sure, and the crank. Got a new crank already, block is getting re-worked (line honed, decked, cleaned, etc), and trying to source some rods. Probably just get a couple rather than a full set if I can. I may deck the heads and bump the compression while I'm at it and its apart.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I'm so sorry to hear that man! And I hear ya on the e85 plug thing.... mine looked fresh out of the box even with a few hundred miles on them.

bright side: you're already on the re-build process :-D

i look forward to more build pics :)

chris91

Reaction score
Dont be so hard on yourself man. Shit happens to the best of em. Just gives you a reason to upgrade! :D

OP
OP
R

ryclef331

Reaction score
And again...after ANOTHER long hiatus, I have returned. Updates? Well...no pics. The motor blew. Dropped it off to get rebuilt...and then deployed. I'm writing from Afghan right now actually. The car is home in pieces. I almost traded it. I almost sold it. I almost decided to part it out. Now, however, I've been motivated. I'm building it into the car I've always wanted. An absolute animal on the street, track, dig, roll, don't matter. All the nitrous parts are being sold along with many other things. I want overdrive back so I bought a 4L80 that I'm going to build myself. I want EFI and pump gas so I'm going to run it with a Holley Dominator EFI system and spray water and meth injection. I want boost so I bought a Borg Warner S475 turbo. Changing the heads, cam, and pistons. Basically...the only thing I've kept drivetrain wise is the block, rods, and crank.

I've set a goal for myself. I want to participate in the small block power-adder street-race class at Hotrod Magazine's Dragweek in 2015. So this build with be centered around that goal. Basically building a "True Street" type car. I would like to have it completed and the bugs worked out in 12 months from my return to the states. I got a lot of work ahead and a few other projects waiting for me as well but it should all be worth it in the end. So...soon as I get home I'll have lots of parts pics to take and post. Glad to be back...AGAIN.

MustangChris

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you for serving, man! I hope the LStang is up and runnin' sooner rather than later :)

Ferocious

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
When you get home if you still have that cowl hood for sale, I might snag it from you lol

OP
OP
R

ryclef331

Reaction score
When you get home if you still have that cowl hood for sale, I might snag it from you lol

Well with the turbo setup, my motor profile should be much lower so I'm keeping it now. Sorry man.

duh09

Legend
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
Real glad to see this car is still around. Looking forward to the progress

Steven

Legend
Reaction score
I'm sure it'll be a bad ***** when it's done. Welcome home

OP
OP
R

ryclef331

Reaction score
This is where we left off children...

For those out of the loops....Basically, I built a 6.0/TH350 nitrous combo with a carb and E85. The oil pump bolts backed out b/c I'm stupid and it ate two rod bearings and rods. Rebuilt it while I was in Afghanistan and was going to just come home and reassemble...but that wasn't good enough. Started the mock up of the new combo...

409460538.jpg

409460541.jpg

This might cause a hood issue....
409460539.jpg
409460543.jpg

So setup is going to be a .060 over iron block, wiseco pistons, eagle rods,CNC'd 317's with 2.08/1.60 vavles, ported Super Victor, Wilson Elbow, 92mm FAST, Borg Warner S480 w/ 96mm 1.32 T6 Turbine side all ran off a MicroSquirt. Pump gas with AIS Water/Meth Injection. 4L80 with 300m inputshaft, valve body mods, ran by an Optishift. Endstate? Compete in Dragweek in 2015. Right now, this is a mock up motor. Changing pistons out next week and getting rotating assembly respun. Continuing the mock-up/fab as well.