Sad day at Thunderhill

OP
OP
B

ba#97

Reaction score
A spec class SHOULD be a drivers class too. Which is why when its all going right, the idea of a spec class is great.

MadStang

Reaction score
I really can't see where else you can find a loophole because in all honesty there's only so much you can do to the cars. The motor was the only spot that could really get you that advantage. Case and point, they were telling me that the big buck team in the region this past year dyno'd at over 170hp in their cars. Whereas everyone else had around 150. Lol. That's a big difference right there!

if people are spending that much on engines I guarantee you they'll find a way. I've seen people camber solid rear axles, use traction compound etc. in stock classes where no mods are allowed in autocross just to get an advantage. Just saying where there's a blank check there's a way.

never realized that SM had gotten that bad, my brother started off with Pro-7 in SCCA which used to be bigger than SM and he was competitive with a stock motor. but the way I see it there's never going to be a truly level playing field when people find loopholes.

Pete@FTR

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Man that really sucks! I was out at thunderhill on saturday. Glad you're okay

OP
OP
B

ba#97

Reaction score
Man that really sucks! I was out at thunderhill on saturday. Glad you're okay[/QUOT

Lol, well sadly the cobra is still sitting over there behind their shop. Just need to get it out of there finally this week and start tearing into it. Whether that be sell the parts off or start swapping em onto another car! So if I don't find any good sn's.... Hit me up if you want anything off it! Lol.

Madstang, that is a true point, but that being said, at least they are trying to get the spec e30 class going in the right direction.

OP
OP
B

ba#97

Reaction score
Are you looking for a roller sn?
Preferably something that is running honestly. I have been looking around and there are some potential projects out there. Heading up to redding tomorrow to check one out that could be a very very good starting point.

RichV

Reaction score
There will always be shenanigans in any competitive class. CMC is no exception. We are capped by a HP limit, but that don't stop guys racing that have 15+ HP than the rest of the field. Guys with CO shocks making illegal adjustments, and general non legal appearance or components. Spec classes have a mentality of 'if the rules don't say you can, assume you can't' mentality, but any gray area is exposed and someone tries to take advantage.

Take into account OBD2 cars, you can flash it with a HP advantage in seconds. Virtually undetectable.

OP
OP
B

ba#97

Reaction score
There will always be shenanigans in any competitive class. CMC is no exception. We are capped by a HP limit, but that don't stop guys racing that have 15+ HP than the rest of the field. Guys with CO shocks making illegal adjustments, and general non legal appearance or components. Spec classes have a mentality of 'if the rules don't say you can, assume you can't' mentality, but any gray area is exposed and someone tries to take advantage.

Take into account OBD2 cars, you can flash it with a HP advantage in seconds. Virtually undetectable.

Are coilover cars allowed in cmc now? Like with mm coilovers for instance? Lol.

RichV

Reaction score
Are coilover cars allowed in cmc now? Like with mm coilovers for instance? Lol.

If it has CO stock then yes. 4th gen Cam/Bird and S197 is legal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online