scidpro's Mystic Cobra #1906

OP
OP
S

scidpro

Reaction score
Some more updates.. picked up a brand new magnaflow exhaust today for $400! Also found a guy selling some 01 Cobra seats in great condition for $750. Thinking about grabbing them! Car is almost finished being sanded, just a few small parts mainly. Planning to paint it next week!

g36 monkey

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I think my butt would pucker sanding down mystic, even if I knew I was repainting it to be pretty again lol

hondarocks61

Reaction score
I wish! The mystic was $1,600 per gallon. That doesn't include the primer, sealer, black base coat, reducers, hardener, or clear coat. It's an investment but I didn't want to take any half measures.
1600 a gallon actually seems pretty reasonable compared to some other "effect" paints I'v seen.

I would say you made out alright!

Sent from my LGL22C using Tapatalk

DKblue98GT

Reaction score
Nice score on the seats. Who doesn't love a Mystic Cobra...

OP
OP
S

scidpro

Reaction score
We test sprayed the mirrors to see how it would come out. As of right now the car is supposed to be in the paint booth next weekend!

Reaction score
Its that gold that makes me want a mystic.

its the pure majestic aura that comes with having that color that makes me want one. how every time you start up the car you hear the roar of a thousand unicorns and when you drive off into the sunset everyone who sees you questions what they just saw because its so unbelievably beautiful they cry tears of joy and happiness

real98roush

Reaction score
Looking good. Are those 94-95 mirrors or did you sand them smooth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1998cobrasvt

Reaction score
Holy crap that second pic! Love it.- Mystic is one of the best ford colors hands down. Cant wait to see her painted!

OP
OP
S

scidpro

Reaction score
Thanks everyone!! After I got off work I sat on the couch playing with the mirrors at different angles for a solid 20 minutes lol. I love it, so excited for the whole car to be painted!!

Looking good. Are those 94-95 mirrors or did you sand them smooth?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sanded them smooth. I'm actually going to tape off the mirrors again and spray part of them black to have that 03, 04 cobra mirror look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cwacaser

Members online