srt4 or cobalt ss

Wichers123

Reaction score
Here's the stupid question, your looking for a fun car. Right? But want to use it for snow, rain and shit weather. Right? But then call it a daily. Right? Do you see what I'm getting at? Drive the damn crown Vic and quit trying to buy another project. If your 100% set on buying something get a truck that will get you through the bad weather and can haul all your car parts around, hell even your car around.

OP
OP
P

punched281

Reaction score
Here's the stupid question, your looking for a fun car. Right? But want to use it for snow, rain and shit weather. Right? But then call it a daily. Right? Do you see what I'm getting at? Drive the damn crown Vic and quit trying to buy another project. If your 100% set on buying something get a truck that will get you through the bad weather and can haul all your car parts around, hell even your car around.

Huh? I'm not getting another project. I want a reliable car that is kinda fun to drive still and decent if it snows. Where did the project come from? Unless youre saying a sporty car is a project... I mean sure it may be tempting to mess with but I think I can handle that.

Yes you would be correct tho, a daily that is decent in weather yet still kinda sporty not too hard to do. Just wondering what people's opinions are of the cars talked about previously.

Getting a truck would be sweet. Might look into something as just something to drive when snowy, or like you said towing or hauling.

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I've done a lot of research on possible daily cars...

Basically there is only one conclusion... Sporty+gooddaily=$$$$$$$$$$$

I've been looking more into newer reliable cars though.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
I didn't really want to get into it but if i was looking for a good daily driver it would not include the words cobalt or neon. I had a few friends with Cobalts, pieces of shit. Neon isn't far behind from what I've gathered. Sat in an SRT4 once, not impressed. Seems like everyone that has one wants to sell it. Imo look at something with at least a little bit of a good reputation if you're after a good daily driver. As mentioned above better cars do cost more but there is usually a reason for it. 6 years ago I made the decision to spend more money on a daily driver and got a Lexus, best decision ever except for the RWD in the snow part.

OP
OP
P

punched281

Reaction score
True, but I'm also not looking at doing anything to it and if left alone most carsbdo pretty well.

I would like to stay away from Subaru's because of the boxer motor. But I hate how much I like the way they look. I will probably end up in that boat tho. Everyone I talk to like the way Subaru's are and feel (interior and such)

Orange 94

Post Whore
SN95 Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think subarus have very impressive interiors... sure i'd love one, but I feel they're not a very good value for the money. They're wicked expensive...

OP
OP
P

punched281

Reaction score
I know, way too expensive! I like your idea orange, a low mileage svt focus. Or even a clean zx3..

I need to go drive the vehicles I'm interested in really.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
what don't you like about the Subaru boxer engines? I've always heard they're pretty reliable cars. Subaru may not have the best interiors but compared to Neons and Cobalts? I'd go with the Subaru. I had a 2.5 RS for a short time and I really liked it.

Addermk2

Reaction score
I miss my Subaru every single day.
048f01deb7889d2d0ee0868a38aac2c9.jpg

It was, by far, the most reliable car I have ever owned. I bought it at 124,000 miles and sold it at 167,000 miles. In that amount of time, the only "maintenance" that I did to it was oil changes, a brake job, and the timing belt.

I had done a CAI, Top Mount, STI turbo, turbo back exhaust, coil overs, wheels, a fuel pump and a tune. The car ran flawlessly, got 24-27mpg made 310hp...

And was fun as **** in the snow!
93e1a3a5a7992b4ebd733512ad7bc437.jpg

I'd buy another in a heartbeat.

OP
OP
P

punched281

Reaction score
I'll have to keep my eyes out for a good priced one. They just tend to be a little more expensive.. Maybe I'll put that on my test drive list.

OP
OP
P

punched281

Reaction score
what don't you like about the Subaru boxer engines? I've always heard they're pretty reliable cars. Subaru may not have the best interiors but compared to Neons and Cobalts? I'd go with the Subaru. I had a 2.5 RS for a short time and I really liked it.

Seems like they are a little harder and more expensive to work on. But I'm looking at local ones and people want way too much for them. 150k miles and still asking 10k... No thanks haha

slow90coupe

Reaction score
WRX is the only way to go. You'll come out MUCH better in the end when the cobalts and srt-4s are bringing $1500 and subarus are still bringing $5000. I love my subaru more than any car I've ever owned.

OnyxCobra

Post Whore
Reaction score
Seems like they are a little harder and more expensive to work on. But I'm looking at local ones and people want way too much for them. 150k miles and still asking 10k... No thanks haha

I thought mine seemed like it would be relatively easy to work on but I never had to. if they're still 10k they must be pretty new cars still, but yes they hold their value better because they are known to be good cars unlike others lol

OP
OP
P

punched281

Reaction score
I thought mine seemed like it would be relatively easy to work on but I never had to. if they're still 10k they must be pretty new cars still, but yes they hold their value better because they are known to be good cars unlike others lol

Damn all you guys haha. I'll go drive one and compare them all I think.

96black54, I was actually thinking about this. It actually says it's a panty dropper in the description, I bet there is a lot of panty-less babes out there cause of this genuine guy.

http://wyoming.craigslist.org/cto/4911668996.html

Addermk2

Reaction score
Subaru boxer engines are super easy to work on, you just take them out.

d211834506726a208a8a2521cbf17611.jpg

This was a head gasket job that I did on a 2006 legacy. It took me about eight and a half hours.

15d889e15f98ae369a66d56860127be9.jpg

Addermk2

Reaction score
Also... Don't be afraid to look at more than the WRX.

My wife's 2004 Forester XT was a beast!

Sold it around Christmas time for $6500.

9286ebc1a9a17b8a04b761e7231b1423.jpg

Firefighter181

Reaction score
Also... Don't be afraid to look at more than the WRX.

My wife's 2004 Forester XT was a beast!

Sold it around Christmas time for $6500.

I have owned a number of Subaru's for daily drivers, love em. Motors are easy to work on as stated above. I did the timing belt in my 05 Outback 2.5i in just under an hour, unheard of in most cars. The XT models in the Outback, Forester, and the Legacy GT are a riot to drive. If you are looking for reliable fun daily drivers these Subies are good for it.

If you want to stick in the American sedan range perhaps an HHR SS? They are pretty nice, turbo, and the launch control is a riot!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
senior001

Members online