srt4 or cobalt ss

OP
OP
P

punched281

Reaction score
Thanks guys! The motor looks simple. Hardly any extra b.s. simple straight six. Hardly any computers.

Wichers123

Reaction score
They are cheaper to fix than you think. Lol we have three guys that have a total of five e30's and they are really cheap and pretty easy cars to work on. They do need some special tools here and there but all around just good solid cars.

OP
OP
P

punched281

Reaction score
Thing feels like I'm in a little tank too. Everything in it just feels like quality stuff.

Although I knew if wasn't going to get awesome milage, I am still surprised at how thirsty it is

RichV

Reaction score
Thing feels like I'm in a little tank too. Everything in it just feels like quality stuff.

Although I knew if wasn't going to get awesome milage, I am still surprised at how thirsty it is

They're fun, well handling cars, and make great dailys. My 1st race car was a 87 325is. You need to make absolutely certain the timing belt is maintained, if it ever breaks you'll be in the market for a new motor. Motor mounts are weak when they get old. Sway bars like to destroy their bushings when driven hard. And the 25 year old german electronics can be sketchy by now.

The timing belt kits are not too pricey, check out Pelican Parts and get the kit. It comes with a water pump IIRC and a few other things, not too bad to DIY.

OP
OP
P

punched281

Reaction score
It came with a book full of service records. Timing belt was just done on it 2 yrs ago. But yes, I'll keep an eye on that.

OP
OP
P

punched281

Reaction score
I am starting to dig em

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Dig the bimmer?

I used to not even pay attention to them, then one caught my eye and ever since then I just really like the way they look. Of course I am wanting a little more pep!

D3VST8R96GT

Reaction score
Yeah I love the old bimmers and volvos..... a good merc diesel is cool too!

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
P

punched281

Reaction score
There is this 80's merc driving around where I live. Noticed it was deisel, big front mount and everything. Looks so sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chasingomas

Members online