Super charger on a scat 331?

Chenn2389

Reaction score
Hey all, been watching videos of super chargers on the 94-95. Either a vortec kit or the pro-charger inter-cooled kit.

my bottom end is currently at the machine shop being built. A scat 331 with cast crank, forged beam, hyper flat tops. Top end edelbrock performer heads 60 cc combustion chambers, trick flow track heat intake, 75mm elbow, 75mm throttle body, 76mm maf calibrated for the injectors. For fuel system I have a 190lph in take pump, adjustable fuel pressure regulator and 24# injectors. Comp ratio is going to be around 9.4:1. My car should put out a healthy 300 rwhp maybe 10% more if the tuner dials it in perfectly.

will I be able to run a modest amount of boost around 5 lbs or so? Nothing crazy not trying to run 110 and I’m on my stock cast block. But if I feel like I’d like a little more HP and can get it up into the 375 range on a little boost I’d be happy.

Only have 91 at the pumps in AZ and with the temps avg over 100 for half the year i don’t know if I will have a problem with predetonating the gas, the inter-cooled pro-charger kit would help some but I don’t like how it’s on the drivers side and have to relocate the battery and the air filter sticking straight up by the plunum.

I don’t mind parking the car when the temps are too hot, it’s not fun to drive when it’s boiling haha

white95

Apex Junky
Admin
Reaction score
You will have no problems with 5 psi and a safe tune. Also, you can easily fabricate your own cold side and use an A2A intercooler like the Procharger setups.

Rons95GT

Not a new member
Reaction score
I have a 95’ GT with a 331 and a Paxton Novi 2000 SC. If you supercharge at 5psi you will want to up the boost. To save your self a lot of hassle, you probably want to upgrade that block, forged crank and pistons now, and you’ll need more fuel with a supercharger. Go to Aeromotive website or other reputable fuel parts company and look at fuel pump and injector requirements for SC horsepower. I learned all of this the hard way and had to buy some things 2-3 times because I first did it back when things were being figured out. On my third engine build now, hopefully the last.

OP
OP
Chenn2389

Chenn2389

Reaction score
I have a 95’ GT with a 331 and a Paxton Novi 2000 SC. If you supercharge at 5psi you will want to up the boost. To save your self a lot of hassle, you probably want to upgrade that block, forged crank and pistons now, and you’ll need more fuel with a supercharger. Go to Aeromotive website or other reputable fuel parts company and look at fuel pump and injector requirements for SC horsepower. I learned all of this the hard way and had to buy some things 2-3 times because I first did it back when things were being figured out. On my third engine build now, hopefully the last.

I want to keep the car reliable and drivable. When you ran 5lbs what size injectors and fuel pump were you running?

Rons95GT

Not a new member
Reaction score
The least I ever ran was 8 lbs. I had 42lb injectors, a 190 lph in tank pump and a T-rex in-line pump, but that was before the 255lph, 340lph, and larger pumps came out. I’m just saying everybody always wants more power and you’ll end up redoing things if you don’t do it now.

OP
OP
Chenn2389

Chenn2389

Reaction score
had anyone run a powerdyne and would they buy a used kit in unknown condition for 1500$?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marktuck99

Members online